General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Good point; otoh, I can go to work, and drive, while stoned out of my mind on prescription opiates (morphine sulphate and Dilaudid), so what's the difference??

Medical Marijuana card is just this:

you can buy and possess a certain quantity of marijuana products FROM medical marijuana stores, grow and harvest a certain number of plants.

If you were caught driving WHILE HIGH/IMPAIRED on either your doctor prescribed opiates OR medical marijuana even while holding your medical marijuana card, or your doctors' RX, you will still get buttfucked for DWI/DUI in either case...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Medical Marijuana card is just this:

you can buy and possess a certain quantity of marijuana products FROM medical marijuana stores, grow and harvest a certain number of plants.

If you were caught driving WHILE HIGH/IMPAIRED on either your doctor prescribed opiates OR medical marijuana even while holding your medical marijuana card, or your doctors' RX, you will still get buttfucked for DWI/DUI in either case...

Hum... Ain't gonna happen, I drive well when stoned, even power equipment, so...

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

grjr

redneck engineering at its best

and damn that was a ton of fluid out of that audi catch can, wtf? and $500? seriously 'd

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grjr View Post
redneck engineering at its best

and damn that was a ton of fluid out of that audi catch can, wtf? and $500? seriously 'd

Yep, some of the best stuff comes from this.

And yeah, why I think the video was .

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

^ That's sick

It needs a spoiler though

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
I'd rather use [H]ard|On's unit

Quote:
I'm under random testing at work... I get caught, I get fired.

A friend once told me I'm "a rebel trapped in a rules-follower's body"...

What's fucked is that employers can fire you if they want even if you have a card. A lot of places don't seem to care though. Commonly on job apps it says "have you ever been arrested for anything other than marijuana related charges?" and i know a couple people that smoked the night before taking a test and were hired anyway, at places like Best Buy and a local pest control business.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post

What's fucked is that employers can fire you if they want even if you have a card. A lot of places don't seem to care though. Commonly on job apps it says "have you ever been arrested for anything other than marijuana related charges?" and i know a couple people that smoked the night before taking a test and were hired anyway, at places like Best Buy and a local pest control business.

Yeah, it's amazing what people can get away with... hell, many moons ago, I got a part-time job at a yogurt shop, went to the lie detector half-stoned and still passed it. No drug test, tho, go figure.

It's utterly fucked what they can get away with these days... I'm waiting for the day (b)Lowes builds a dormitory on the back, and locks us all inside, never to see the light of day again... You know, just like Foxconn employees.

--John Hobbs

Stereodude

Quote:
Yeah, it's amazing what people can get away with... hell, many moons ago, I got a part-time job at a yogurt shop, went to the lie detector half-stoned and still passed it.
Why would you need to take a lie detector test to work at a yogurt shop?

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Why would you need to take a lie detector test to work at a yogurt shop?

it was 1983, I guess cuz I handled money, it meant I had to take a lie detector. Of course, in those days, they made you take a lie detector just to take a whiz in some places.

Good thing about that job, tho: the store manager was quite the hottie, and most tasty.

--John Hobbs

BonneMe

Not so sure about all that steel wool. Oily steel wool is like asking for a fire IMO.

The catch can I had on my GTI was a BSH Stage II, and had a drain valve on the bottom. It didn't have all the fancy fittings, and not really much of the filter media, still was $200 IIRC.

It doesn't fix the carbon buildup, that's an effect of the direct injection, no fuel hitting the valves = no valve cleaning. But the PCV on the 2.0T FSI doesn't like stock levels of boost (11psi) let alone the 20-22psi you could hit with a stage II setup...

I'm also doing the oil seperator replacement next summer on the BMW... That's going to take some digging on the M54...

Jehannum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonneMe View Post
Not so sure about all that steel wool. Oily steel wool is like asking for a fire IMO.

The catch can I had on my GTI was a BSH Stage II, and had a drain valve on the bottom. It didn't have all the fancy fittings, and not really much of the filter media, still was $200 IIRC.

It doesn't fix the carbon buildup, that's an effect of the direct injection, no fuel hitting the valves = no valve cleaning. But the PCV on the 2.0T FSI doesn't like stock levels of boost (11psi) let alone the 20-22psi you could hit with a stage II setup...

I'm also doing the oil seperator replacement next summer on the BMW... That's going to take some digging on the M54...

Using steel wool in that application has a long history that doesn't involve fire. Hell, it's that way stock in my TT Nissan (wool in the PCV intake to the valve cover, and brushes in the PCV at the valves on each side).

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
Using steel wool in that application has a long history that doesn't involve fire. Hell, it's that way stock in my TT Nissan (wool in the PCV intake to the valve cover, and brushes in the PCV at the valves on each side).

I've done the trick in... 4 or 5 cars? And never had a problem.

--John Hobbs