General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

battling with insurance

hokay folks,
couple weeks back i got hit by some idiot who decided he wanted in my lane. neither of us admitted fault, so i'm having to eat my deductible, a week or so back i went and met with the assessor and was completely disappointed with the result
i'm emailing my insurance rep to express this displeasure with how i was treated at the assessor's office, any criticisms or complaints, anything to add or subtract whatever

i strongly want to call the assessor an idiot in the second sentence after the bullet points, but am not convinced with it, not entirely sure about "incompetent" either, I feel that some good alliteration would satisfy my righteous wrath, but i'm not sure what to put.

----------------------------------------
Hey Jenny

I wanted to touch base with you, it's been a little bit but I've been registering for college and haven't had much time to follow up on this. Basically I was incredibly upset with... well, essentially everything from the moment the assessor met me to the moment I left the assessment facility.
  • When I started talking to the assessor he admitted that, despite you and I scheduling the appointment about a week out, he hadn't reviewed my claim file so he wasn't quite sure what my concerns were.
  • Almost immediately when we walked out to the truck he started talking about totaling my truck, despite ultimately coming out with an estimate for $1300 total when just under three years ago Progressive worked with me to repair my truck for $2700 total
  • When asked for a list of body shops in the area that were approved to to do work from Progressive, he basically told me that he wouldn't be able to give me the name of a shop because I had other concerns that he wasn't able to assess at that facility, and any shop he recommended would have to go by the assessment that he wrote up.
  • Despite driving something like 35 miles round trip out of my way he wasn't able to assess anything mechanical, he barely even looked at the PepBoys estimate that I brought in, he basically looked at the total at the bottom and handed it back to me. He wasn't able to do anything for the flat spots on the tires, after he said he couldn't even approve the alignment because there was no damage evident on the tire he grudgingly admitted that he could pay for the alignment after I did no more than lean down and point to the scuffing shown by the contact with the tire. Once we were done he said that any mechanical issues would need to be assessed by another shop, despite the fact that (need I remind you) he didn't tell me which shop I could use or where I could get it assessed.

Honestly Jenny, the more I go over this, the more upset and irate I become about the entire situation. Some idiot drives into my truck, then another incompetent completely ignored my concerns and did not attempt to help me in any real way.

The entire situation is completely unacceptable to me.
I have driven this truck from coast to coast, it has faithfully taken me up and down the eastern side of the US, and when I need it to do so again I will have it there for that.

I'm not sure what the next step in this process is considering my concerns, but for the first time since I joined Progressive I am massively unhappy with the company's service, and I would strongly like to stay with Progressive, but as the situation stands once if we go through with these repairs I will be checking prices for other companies

Thank you for letting me talk to you about this, I deeply hope that we can resolve this quickly

Me

Asa of the Infidel Crew

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Needs to be more professional and with less emotion, certainly dont call anyone an idiot. Dont involve your personal life because you arent the only person that is busy. Certainly dont justify why you didnt follow up sooner, she doesn't care you arent doing this for her. Also dont threaten your broker with leaving, whats her incentive to help you after a comment like that? Thats a last resort type of thing. Instead of that you should list what you would like to happen to rectify the matter and that you would like to work with her to reach an amiable resolution. Remember you arent talking to a friend, you are talking to the insurance company, everything you say will be documented, stored and potentially re-evaluated by someone else. You need to show that you are serious and calm and getting rid that you have certain requirements that cant just be brushed off.

Last edited by Lurker; 01-12-2012 at 10:47 PM..

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Why the fuck are you with Progressive and not USAA?

asa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
Why the fuck are you with Progressive and not USAA?

Progressive for 6 months with complete coverage: $250 something
USAA for 6 months with complete coverage: $850 something

Asa of the Infidel Crew

asa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Needs to be more professional and with less emotion, certainly dont call anyone an idiot. Dont involve your personal life because you arent the only person that is busy. Certainly dont justify why you didnt follow up sooner, she doesn't care you arent doing this for her. Also dont threaten your broker with leaving, whats her incentive to help you after a comment like that? Thats a last resort type of thing. Instead of that you should list what you would like to happen to rectify the matter and that you would like to work with her to reach an amiable resolution. Remember you arent talking to a friend, you are talking to the insurance company, everything you say will be documented, stored and potentially re-evaluated by someone else. You need to show that you are serious and calm and getting rid that you have certain requirements that cant just be brushed off.

definitely removing the part about possibly leaving

not sure i agree about the less emotion, give me examples of what you'd rewrite

Asa of the Infidel Crew

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post

What. The. Fuck.

My GF with Progressive pays $450ish for her KIA- 2012 Koup

I pay USAA for my BMW $391.58

You drive an old beater pickup, how in the shit did you piss off USAA such that they wouldn't insure it but for $850?

Sup

yeah i dont understand, i mean, isn't like a year of usaa insurance worth more than the truck itself???

asa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
yeah i dont understand, i mean, isn't like a year of usaa insurance worth more than the truck itself???

two years would approach what i paid for it

Asa of the Infidel Crew

asa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
You drive an old beater pickup, how in the shit did you piss off USAA such that they wouldn't insure it but for $850?

:shrug:

Asa of the Infidel Crew

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

I'm seriously baffled why they would you gouge you like that.

Do you have like a ton of tickets or horrible credit or something?

EDIT: and my actual premium is $420. I posted the total with subscriber discount before.

When was the last time you spoke with USAA?

asa

opened a USAA bank account maybe seven months ago, only ticket that should be on my record is a right on red that the cop wrote up as running a redlight, but Progressive didn't go up with it

Asa of the Infidel Crew

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:
opened a USAA bank account maybe seven months ago, only ticket that should be on my record is a right on red that the cop wrote up as running a redlight, but Progressive didn't go up with it

Something just seems like it's a mistake. I don't blame you for not going with USAA based upon the numbers you gave, but I'm actually quite shocked by the $850 figure.

At some point you might revisit the possibility of getting back with USAA- their customer service really can't be beat. And until now, I've never heard of anyone being able to beat their prices either

asa

Yeah, everyone I have talked to in the military has had the same reaction as you. I also need to review the coverage USAA gave me to make sure that they do have the same coverage that progressive was giving me

Asa of the Infidel Crew

RazorWind

What I would do is find a body shop that doesn't take any shit from insurance adjusters. I have one here in Austin that is freaking awesome, and the adjuster guys hate dealing with. The rules vary from state to state, I assume, but in Texas, the insurance company seems to be barred from trying to force you to use their shop, although they can recommend one they "approve" of.

I had to do this twice back when I had just bought my MR2 Spyder, and in both cases, I basically dropped the car off at the shop and told the adjuster "Go deal with them." and the shop guy did the haggling. The actual bill always ended up being about four or five times what the adjuster initially offered me, but I never paid a cent of it.

Forever Domon

Quote:

How the fuck does that work, as an unmarried male.....