General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
onewheeldoin200
Your girlfriend likes my crotch rocket better
 
onewheeldoin200's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Tiger
QFT
The lion didn't even want anything to do with them. At first the lion just looked at them, then decided "fuck this i'm out of here" and ran off. The lion was just minding it's own business.

As is the case with most/all hunting......
__________________
Member of the Gen[M]ay [M]otorcycle Club

Passion > Precision
Old 12-05-2004, 06:23 PM onewheeldoin200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#91  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Xebec
 
nice vid....too badthey were unprepared, they should have brought a shotgun or something for when it gets too close for comfort...
Old 12-05-2004, 08:52 PM Xebec is offline  
Reply With Quote
#92  

TheDon
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheeldoin200
Damn, I was rooting for the lion.

What a waste of magnificent animal.

*sigh* I'll never understand how hunting is a sport. It's no more a sport than walking into a school and shooting at the kids running away. "Ooo I got one. I'm a big man now" It's different of course if you actually use what you kill. Trophy killing is though.

And aren't lions, like, endangered? Or is that just pretty much every other animal that's been hunted to near extinction in Africa?


You can kill anything in Africa with enough money.

edit: one of my high school teachers went on Safari every summer. He killed about everything, minus an Elephant. He showed me this badass picture of his house....walls are fucking COVERED in bust mounts of dozens of gazell looking things. and the coolest thing was a giraffe skin stretching the legnth of a hallway.

Last edited by TheDon; 12-05-2004 at 10:38 PM..
Old 12-05-2004, 10:33 PM TheDon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#93  

TheDon
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebec
nice vid....too badthey were unprepared, they should have brought a shotgun or something for when it gets too close for comfort...


You want to pack around 2 big guns in the brush?
Old 12-05-2004, 10:40 PM TheDon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#94  

Innocence
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Buck
bitch and cry if you must. It works fucking great.

"WAAAAAAaah hunters can't save animals!!11"
a) I don't see any bitching and/or crying
b) you're the one who can't make a point to save your life
c) I've helped kill my food before. Mainly fish and deer, few phesants and 1 goose. Helped cut and pack over a dozen deer, 2 moose and an elk. Meat has to come from somewhere, and if it comes from a cow or an elk doesn't really matter to me.
d) hunting, in itself, can't save animals. The reason hunting is used to eqalize animal populations is because of overpopulation of rural areas and/or overhunting in the first place.

I just don't understand trophy hunting. It's just needless, unproductive and just an excuse to kill something. And, I'm not sure if you've ever looked into phycology of serial killers, but historially, animal torture, mutilation and senseless killing is the precursor for homocide. Obviously that could be as broad as "Most hard drug addicts started with pot", but it's something to think about.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:00 PM Innocence is offline  
Reply With Quote
#95  

00 Buck
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocence
a) I don't see any bitching and/or crying
b) you're the one who can't make a point to save your life
c) I've helped kill my food before. Mainly fish and deer, few phesants and 1 goose. Helped cut and pack over a dozen deer, 2 moose and an elk. Meat has to come from somewhere, and if it comes from a cow or an elk doesn't really matter to me.
d) hunting, in itself, can't save animals. The reason hunting is used to eqalize animal populations is because of overpopulation of rural areas and/or overhunting in the first place.

I just don't understand trophy hunting. It's just needless, unproductive and just an excuse to kill something. And, I'm not sure if you've ever looked into phycology of serial killers, but historially, animal torture, mutilation and senseless killing is the precursor for homocide. Obviously that could be as broad as "Most hard drug addicts started with pot", but it's something to think about.




A) riiiight, are you fucking serious?
B) OoOOh I'm really hurt , but that doesn't disprove or invalidate any of my points. Care to go into more detail?
D) but bottom line is... well regulated hunting helps conservation and a lot of hunters care about keeping animals on the planet. It works wonderfully for today's conditions, so stfu

are you retarded?

People who torture animals cause them pain and enjoys doing it..

while hunters aim to kill an animal in the quickest most painless way... hence finishing shots and such.

Care to show me some stats on how many trophy hunters turn into homicidal maniacs?

thnx for bumping this stupid thread.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:19 AM 00 Buck is offline  
Reply With Quote
#96  

darnnit2
 
I just wish the lion had taken them out. Let's not lie, how much sport is there in game hunting when it's half a dozen guys with rifles against a single lion. Might as well just put the lion in a pen and grab an AK-47.

I love hunting, but only when there's sport in it.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:17 AM darnnit2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#97  

zetecdan
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnnit2
I just wish the lion had taken them out. Let's not lie, how much sport is there in game hunting when it's half a dozen guys with rifles against a single lion. Might as well just put the lion in a pen and grab an AK-47.

I love hunting, but only when there's sport in it.


yet another ignorant post in regards to the ak-47...

again, please explain to me how grabbing an ak-47 is such a horrible thing? Last time i checked, mine was semi auto, and i had 5 round mags (hmm, lets see, just like most hunting rifles).. so please please please tell me how putting a lion in a pen and killing it with an ak is any worse then putting it in a pen and using a regular deer rifle.

dumbshit
Old 12-16-2004, 02:21 PM zetecdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
#98  

darnnit2
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetecdan
yet another ignorant post in regards to the ak-47...

again, please explain to me how grabbing an ak-47 is such a horrible thing? Last time i checked, mine was semi auto, and i had 5 round mags (hmm, lets see, just like most hunting rifles).. so please please please tell me how putting a lion in a pen and killing it with an ak is any worse then putting it in a pen and using a regular deer rifle.

dumbshit

Nothing wrong with an AK, per se. I was simply using rhetoric. Being that the AK is one of the most abundant assault rilfes in the world, I figured it would be a nice catch-all word that would convey my point. Apparently, I was mistaken.

Btw, why would you want an AK that was semi-auto and had 5 round mags? I'm thinking I may not be the only dipshit around here....
Old 12-16-2004, 05:22 PM darnnit2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#99  

Innocence
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Buck


A) riiiight, are you fucking serious?
B) OoOOh I'm really hurt , but that doesn't disprove or invalidate any of my points. Care to go into more detail?
D) but bottom line is... well regulated hunting helps conservation and a lot of hunters care about keeping animals on the planet. It works wonderfully for today's conditions, so stfu

are you retarded?

People who torture animals cause them pain and enjoys doing it..

while hunters aim to kill an animal in the quickest most painless way... hence finishing shots and such.

Care to show me some stats on how many trophy hunters turn into homicidal maniacs?

thnx for bumping this stupid thread.

a) I hardly see how asking you to back up your claims is bitching and crying
b) I did go into more detail, like 3 lines down. (I'd like to see some stats showing correlation between gunpowder fume inhalation and short term memory)

I still don't see any actual point, which if kinda funny. Your strongest offensive seems to be trying to somehow personally debase me to invalidate my points.

If I had the funding I would do a study, who knows what the findings would be. And no, to the best of my knowledge, I am of average or slightly elevated mental capacity.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:43 PM Innocence is offline  
Reply With Quote
#100  

Indecision
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnnit2
I just wish the lion had taken them out. Let's not lie, how much sport is there in game hunting when it's half a dozen guys with rifles against a single lion. Might as well just put the lion in a pen and grab an AK-47.

Wow. Did you even watch the video? Seriously. Half a dozen guys with rifles against a single lion, and yet the lion came literally within inches of mauling the guy.

I'd call that a lot of sport. A lot more sport that I'd welcome, personally. Geez.
__________________
Gen[M]ay Furry
Old 12-17-2004, 10:25 PM Indecision is offline  
Reply With Quote
#101  

00 Buck
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocence
a) I hardly see how asking you to back up your claims is bitching and crying
b) I did go into more detail, like 3 lines down. (I'd like to see some stats showing correlation between gunpowder fume inhalation and short term memory)

I still don't see any actual point, which if kinda funny. Your strongest offensive seems to be trying to somehow personally debase me to invalidate my points.

If I had the funding I would do a study, who knows what the findings would be. And no, to the best of my knowledge, I am of average or slightly elevated mental capacity.


a) crying because the hunters killed a lion, just cuz lions are soo cool!=asking me to back up my claims. Nobody actually QUESTIONED my claims that regulated hunting is good for conservation. Are you challenging this claim?


rants & compliants based purely on emotion & no attention to reason or logic = bitching and crying.


Yea, so I still think you're a for lumping trophy hunters in with serial killers and violent maniacs.
Quote:
People who torture animals cause them pain and enjoy doing it..

while hunters aim to kill an animal in the quickest most painless way... hence finishing shots and such.
To slowly torture to death isn't even close to humanely harvesting an animal. So your point about trophy hunters = moot.



Still don't see any points?

Competently challenge my points (I've bolded them, should be hard to miss) or I'll simply ignore the rest of your posts in this thread, I have no patience for moronic stereotyping and accusations about hunters. You're just wasting my time.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:05 AM 00 Buck is offline  
Reply With Quote
#102  

FrodoBaggins
 
If I'm not going to eat it, I'm not going to shoot it. (Unless it's trying to maul me !)
__________________
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't.

if u put a mustache on her, she'd look like my ass. - premiumg

Why do you think it's called Victoria's SECRET, and not Victoria-has-no-tits?? - Lyndzie
Old 12-18-2004, 02:47 AM FrodoBaggins is offline  
Reply With Quote
#103  

Wayne8
 
haha what a bunch of s high fiving each other at the end
Old 12-21-2004, 05:33 PM Wayne8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#104  

Scrotum
odium
.adieu
 
Scrotum's Avatar
 
if u want to hunt shit and not eat it , u should have to be a true badass and use a spear, or a knife, no powder.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:36 PM Scrotum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#105  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.