General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

johndhi

I don't usually think this, but theNoid has (some) very good advice here. Let me first say that it is an amazing sign that she actually told you about it - it's usually something that you have to point out yourself. No question, she has underlying issues that she is not dealing with or refuses to deal with. Props to you for loving and supporting her, but as you and others here have said, it is her and her alone who will change something like this. And as someone else said, it can affect both of you. This sort of thing fucks you up in a lot of ways. I don't really know what you're supposed to do - personally, I'd try to express your love and certainly make sure you let her know you don't think she's weird/worse/ugly because of it. But after that, I really hope she is willing to talk to someone about it.. Bleh, I don't know, I'm rambling here (obvious why) but watch out for yourself man.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

crazymike
I am a dumb fag who needs a dumb TV show to tell me something thatís common knowledge. Then I make

I've been bulemic for a couple years.

I'm a jockey and it goes with the territory. It's somewhat different for me because I need to do it to make a living. And in the off season i can go back to normal in a week or two.

That said, even for me, it's hard to get your body to stop.

When I eat a big meal, my body wants to heave automatically.

When I drink certain pops that I use for heaving, like cream soda, my stomach turns instant.

Certain binge foods want to come back and play.

Bulimia is a disease and it's not something you can easily decide to stop.

One thing someone needs when getting over this disorder is help and support. Eat healthy with her. Don't keep junk food around the house and help distract her when she wants to binge.

If you have more questions you can PM me. I know a lot about this disorder and I see first hand what it does to people including myself.

[J]eep Club: Shmoblar, Striker169, Trekman8, Crazymike, Whitefrog, PiMpY, Woe, Gearhead

cc88

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymike View Post
I've been bulemic for a couple years.

I'm a jockey and it goes with the territory. It's somewhat different for me because I need to do it to make a living. And in the off season i can go back to normal in a week or two.

That said, even for me, it's hard to get your body to stop.

When I eat a big meal, my body wants to heave automatically.

When I drink certain pops that I use for heaving, like cream soda, my stomach turns instant.

Certain binge foods want to come back and play.

Bulimia is a disease and it's not something you can easily decide to stop.

One thing someone needs when getting over this disorder is help and support. Eat healthy with her. Don't keep junk food around the house and help distract her when she wants to binge.

If you have more questions you can PM me. I know a lot about this disorder and I see first hand what it does to people including myself.

This sounds like a lot of the things she says. Whats the story with the soda... never heard of that but I know she drinks a ton of it...
How long have you been doing it?

She seems like shes dealing with it better lately. Well, either not doing it nearly as much, or shes hiding it
Thanks for all the reponses.

seiferguy

If you want to stick it out with her, the best thing you can do is be supportive. Since you said you're not great at it, I'll give advice on how to do so:

- The biggest thing in being supportive is just listening to the person who needs support. Sometimes you don't even need to talk back (or just talk a little bit), just listen because she probably just needs to voice her concerns, and just by her talking about it and getting it out in the air, she'll feel better and probably be able to understand it better. In this case, you can tell your girlfriend that if she needs anyone to talk to regarding this, that you're there, and that she can trust you. Don't force her to talk about it, if she wants to talk about it, she will. That's the best thing you can do.

- If she asks for help with it, help out. Don't go to her telling her what she needs to do.

The main point is that it's an undertaking that she'll have to take on herself, and when she does, that's when you can help.

However, don't stick around simply because you don't want to "fail" in this relationship. Stick around because you want to and you really care about this girl. I stuck around with a girl because I wasn't going to let the relationship fall apart, and all it ended up was extending my time being annoyed with her, spending more money (buying 2 dinners adds up), and spending time with her when I could have been hanging out and enjoying myself with my friends or something.

Anyways, you know what you can do. Make the right choice.

crazymike
I am a dumb fag who needs a dumb TV show to tell me something thatís common knowledge. Then I make

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc88 View Post
This sounds like a lot of the things she says. Whats the story with the soda... never heard of that but I know she drinks a ton of it...
How long have you been doing it?

She seems like shes dealing with it better lately. Well, either not doing it nearly as much, or shes hiding it
Thanks for all the reponses.

It depends on the person. But you generally need lots of liquid for a successful purge. Soda is fizzy, a bit heavy and makes for a good "lube"

Some people will use water but it tends to come out your nose because it's thin and doesn't stick to anything.

I've done it off and on over the last few years. I know guys that have done this for 20+ years and they generally have none of their own teeth left.

You can get tears in your esauphagus (Weiss tares) where it connects to your stomach.

Throat problems from the acid, etc...

Everybody's different in how their body handles it. For some people it's non violent and can come up almost natural. But I've seen people that need to jam their fingers down their throat and have violent convulsions too.

Either way, it's a disease, not a habit. it's not something you can easily break and can be a deep seated psychological problem. For some people, especially women doing it for appearance they need rehab.

[J]eep Club: Shmoblar, Striker169, Trekman8, Crazymike, Whitefrog, PiMpY, Woe, Gearhead

Saxman924

Mike, I am curious, but why do you continue to purge for your occupation? I know why physically (must drop weight to compete), but is there a drive within you that keeps you doing it? Do you love being a jockey? What would get you to stop?

If it's too personal you do not have to reply.

crazymike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxman924 View Post
Mike, I am curious, but why do you continue to purge for your occupation? I know why physically (must drop weight to compete), but is there a drive within you that keeps you doing it? Do you love being a jockey? What would get you to stop?

If it's too personal you do not have to reply.

i wont do it forever, but its in your blood. its something that you just cant quit. Ive had lots of other jobs but i always end up back here.

crazymike

it is possible to do this through careful diet, etc...

But for most body types, whether it's by proper diet or not, there is no healthy way to be this underweight.

So you choose, do you want to be always hungry and miserable and somewhat unhealthly. Or do you want to be happy, enjoy life and food and be more unhealthly.

It's not just about being lean, because every pound counts. So if you drink too much water the night before, a big salad, etc... that's still in your body the next day. Which means even more time in the sauna which is still unhealthy.

crazymike

more advice for your g/f.

Depending on your body type she will gain weight when she stops.

One, you have to get used to eating less. Usually people who do this are binge eaters so you have to stop this. Your stomach will be stretched and you will be hungry until it settles back.

Two, if she was a heavy person, and she lost the weight thru this it usually comes back on fast. But if she lost the weight thru proper diet and exercise and then started this she might be better off.