General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
SamFarber
 
SamFarber's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
You were just put in an uncomfortable position, but you dealt with it the only way you could. It's hard to tell whether you knew he went into the boss's office office before yours, but you still gave the right answer. You can't go above your boss, regardless of how you feel about his hiring policies.

And you know what? You probably are a little racist, but there's no point in feeling guilty about it, and if you ever found the man you would only make an ass out of yourself. It's normal to feel like a black guy with sleeved tattoos isn't from the nicest background. First impressions are important, and they apply to everybody. Maybe when you're the boss of a company you can rise above that, but for now, just learn from it and move on.

It is clear that if he isn't a Paki(stani) he won't be the boss. Funny, the Paki(stani) boss doesn't have a problem being "racist."
__________________
http://they-all-think-shes-crazy.ytmnd.com/
Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 PM SamFarber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Golf(e)
 
Golf(e)'s Avatar
 
A)it does not matter if it was a racial thing or not; the fact is he judged someone incorrectly by assuming something based on superficial qualities. It is unprofessional to walk into an office covered in tattoos; you will be judged and you should be aware of this before you go get your shit done. This does not mean that all people with tattoos came from prison or that they would not be a good employee.

B) Claptrap: Im taking a history class and i happen to have a very passionate professor so i feel like im getting a lot from this particular course. Its got me to thinking about a whole lot of stuff.
They, that is, african americans, had a very different "childhood" than we european americans did. As far as history is concerned, it was only a matter of weeks ago that black people were slaves and treated like dirt. You dont suppose their history in this country, how they were conditioned versus how we were conditioned, puts them at a disadvantage? I dont say that gives black people good reason to be prejudice against white people, but if you have studied any american history, you would surely concede that they come from a lower position than the rest of us. It would only seem natural to me that at this point in non-slave-owning america, blacks would feel that they are owed something. I would if I was born in a country where only recently were the people of my culture treated as actual people.
__________________
And motion soared in every direction, causing a tidal wave of thought to crash dumbly through walls, and made passageways where previously was occupied by the stillness of mathematics in its purest manifestation of white reflection on white backdrop
Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 PM Golf(e) is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

bigandy839
RMG 4Ever! Will blow to join.
 
bigandy839's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf(e) View Post
B) Claptrap: Im taking a history class and i happen to have a very passionate professor so i feel like im getting a lot from this particular course. Its got me to thinking about a whole lot of stuff.
They, that is, african americans, had a very different "childhood" than we european americans did. As far as history is concerned, it was only a matter of weeks ago that black people were slaves and treated like dirt. You dont suppose their history in this country, how they were conditioned versus how we were conditioned, puts them at a disadvantage? I dont say that gives black people good reason to be prejudice against white people, but if you have studied any american history, you would surely concede that they come from a lower position than the rest of us. It would only seem natural to me that at this point in non-slave-owning america, blacks would feel that they are owed something. I would if I was born in a country where only recently were the people of my culture treated as actual people.
that's all well and good but my issue (as well as many others I imagine) is that african americans SCREAM for equality. if they want special treatment for their recent suffering (and I'm not saying they are or are not entitled to it) then they, as a group, should ask for that rather than hiding behind a holier-than-thou, "we're the more admirable group" quest for eqality.

feminist movements are exactly the same in this respect. they cry for equality, but what they really want is all the perks of being a male without being truly treated like a dude.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:25 AM bigandy839 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

Claptrap
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf(e) View Post

B) Claptrap: Im taking a history class and i happen to have a very passionate professor so i feel like im getting a lot from this particular course. Its got me to thinking about a whole lot of stuff.
They, that is, african americans, had a very different "childhood" than we european americans did. As far as history is concerned, it was only a matter of weeks ago that black people were slaves and treated like dirt. You dont suppose their history in this country, how they were conditioned versus how we were conditioned, puts them at a disadvantage? I dont say that gives black people good reason to be prejudice against white people, but if you have studied any american history, you would surely concede that they come from a lower position than the rest of us. It would only seem natural to me that at this point in non-slave-owning america, blacks would feel that they are owed something. I would if I was born in a country where only recently were the people of my culture treated as actual people.

I do see your point (Or I think I do), but my big thing is that now we're getting third, fourth, even fifth generation descendants of slaves who don't even have the opportunity to talk TO someone who was a slave anymore; we're getting hand-me-down hatred passed from from great-grandma to grandma to mom to son or daughter who are then spewing vitriol like they themselves threw off the shackles of oppression. I can somewhat understand them being angry about it all; I guess the part that ticks me off is that they act like they're STILL being persecuted. Now, granted, in some places they really are; but, for the most part, no. A black man or woman in 2010 has ALL the same opportunities as the rest of us (sometimes more,)

You say it was like "just last week" for them, but at the rate this is going, it's going to be "just last week" for them fourty or sixty or even a hundred years from now, because, as was said above, they don't want equality, they want their holier-than-thou "justice."

/rant
Old 02-19-2010, 10:26 AM Claptrap is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Thermo1223
 
Thermo1223's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
It is clear that if he isn't a Paki(stani) he won't be the boss. Funny, the Paki(stani) boss doesn't have a problem being "racist."

Actually it is more like the whole company to a point but that is another thread.

Well I really don't feel anything about it anymore because yes if he was white I probably would have done the same thing.
__________________
'09 Subaru Forester XT - Hauler
'14 Scion xD - It's cute...ugh
'04 VW Jetta Wagon TDI=FAILWAGON
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:
Old 02-19-2010, 11:51 AM Thermo1223 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

matt00926
baaaaaa
 
matt00926's Avatar
 
This thread should be moved to the pit, but OP, you did nothing wrong at all.
__________________
cd09d75f80807fd8baa143b39fa895eb [pornmay.com]

Last edited by matt00926; 02-19-2010 at 08:47 PM..
Old 02-19-2010, 08:27 PM matt00926 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

matt00926
baaaaaa
 
matt00926's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claptrap View Post
A black man or woman in 2010 has ALL the same opportunities as the rest of us (sometimes more,)

No, on the surface it looks like they do. They've done studies looking at interview callbacks where factors such as education, work experience, communication skills, grooming standards and general appearance, etc. have been controlled for. Guess who doesn't usually get picked or given the time of day and why? There's the same ignorant view with ex-inmates even though there's tons of research showing that there's really no good reason many times to categorically exclude most of them, especially when their latest offense occurred 3 or more years ago.

And an aside, it doesn't matter if a youth has no personal connection to slavery. Racism still exists and it's as strong as ever, it just isn't nearly as acceptable out in the open. When I talk to someone for the first time I don't wonder in my head whether they are making any judgments about me because of the color of my skin (not necessarily by itself, but in a combination of factors). That feeling, whether based in reality or not (I've heard some AA's say they feel that way always), is unimaginable to me and disheartening.
__________________
cd09d75f80807fd8baa143b39fa895eb [pornmay.com]
Old 02-19-2010, 08:46 PM matt00926 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

SamFarber
 
SamFarber's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt00926 View Post
No, on the surface it looks like they do. They've done studies looking at interview callbacks where factors such as education, work experience, communication skills, grooming standards and general appearance, etc. have been controlled for. Guess who doesn't usually get picked or given the time of day and why? There's the same ignorant view with ex-inmates even though there's tons of research showing that there's really no good reason many times to categorically exclude most of them, especially when their latest offense occurred 3 or more years ago.

And an aside, it doesn't matter if a youth has no personal connection to slavery. Racism still exists and it's as strong as ever, it just isn't nearly as acceptable out in the open. When I talk to someone for the first time I don't wonder in my head whether they are making any judgments about me because of the color of my skin (not necessarily by itself, but in a combination of factors). That feeling, whether based in reality or not (I've heard some AA's say they feel that way always), is unimaginable to me and disheartening.

How do you control for grooming standards? Are Blacks allowed to stink like they so often do - I'm sure they were because the conductors of your dubious study were afraid to state the obvious.
__________________
http://they-all-think-shes-crazy.ytmnd.com/
Old 02-19-2010, 09:20 PM SamFarber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

matt00926
baaaaaa
 
matt00926's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
How do you control for grooming standards? Are Blacks allowed to stink like they so often do - I'm sure they were because the conductors of your dubious study were afraid to state the obvious.

Why don't you just send Sanjay a PM requesting a ban instead of pussyfooting around by trolling in numerous BC threads with your race gimmick ?
__________________
cd09d75f80807fd8baa143b39fa895eb [pornmay.com]
Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 PM matt00926 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

SamFarber
 
SamFarber's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt00926 View Post
Why don't you just send Sanjay a PM requesting a ban instead of pussyfooting around by trolling in numerous BC threads with your race gimmick ?

Guess you can't stand being contradicted.
__________________
http://they-all-think-shes-crazy.ytmnd.com/
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 PM SamFarber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.