General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Silent_Fart

Knee Surgery, Meniscus

So they think I partially tore my meniscus, this kinda sucks. I think I injured it about 3 weeks ago in jiu jitsu when someone 40% bigger then me cranked a heel hook (A move your NOT supposed to use in practice). Went to the orthopedist today and he scheduled me for an MRI which should tell us if I need surgery or not. Has anyone had meniscus surgery? I know my knee will never be the same but is it going to be as noticeable as I fear? How bad did hurt? What was your recovery time?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Chadwick

A friend of mine tore his meniscus, it seemed like he was recovering for ages. He injured it october and was still in crutches in april.

Silent_Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
A friend of mine tore his meniscus, it seemed like he was recovering for ages. He injured it october and was still in crutches in april.

Yeah I read that they associate the healing time of a meniscus with that of an entire knee replacement

Chadwick

yeah, I just talked to him. he had to have 3 surgeries and it took 9 months for him to recover.

Foolioq

Guy on my hockey team went down on a knee hes already had surgery on and hurt his meniscus. His expected recovery time was 2 months or something, was tied for team scoring at that point

yolo

i helped my buddy recover, he had it done twice. He was in bed for about a month, and had to do physical therapy 2-3 times a week. He went from crutches to a cane about 3 months in, then finally could walk around with a slight limp.

He had complications with an infection surrounding his knee fluid, and had to take antibiotics for a little while.