Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
lol
You just blew my mind man

like... man

totally

its that simple

gg next

although i'm a staunch atheist, i almost wish there was a god so that all the atheists out who look down at creationists from their high horses could shit their pants when they met their maker.

in any case, america wont elect an atheist, so you guys might as well bite your tongues and start looking for a candidate whose POLICIES you agree with... rather than their personal decisions.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
RuHo is mad at me.

slicedoranges
I'M A COCKSUCKER, JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE & I'LL SUCK YOUR'S DRY

I really stopped giving a shit, since he's definitely not going to get elected.

/puts on flame suit, but stands by previous statement

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeIRye View Post
Why would you continue defending their stance when you are shown to be wrong?

The only ones that have proven to be whackjobs in here are you, RuHo, and Jim Morrison, who insist that someone who doesn't believe in something not proven "fact" in every sense of the word is not qualified to run a country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Again, believing in things without proof is not the same as denying evidence for things they don't like. Quit using the god - creationism comparison.

But it is the same thing. There is no evidence for a God, since supernatural things are, to our understanding, quite impossible, therefore there is no evidence for Creationism, because such an idea is supernatural as well. You're denying evidence on both of them; Common sense/every established law of what someone can and can not do for God, and every bit of evidence for Evolution for Creationism.

Quote:
I have no idea where you got oppression from...
The sentence before it:

Quote:
If a person can't critically evaluate the evidence supporting evolution, who's to say they are capable of handling other complex judgments required of the president?
You're insinuating that someone who believes in religion more than science in this regard, despite a possible ability of said person to separate religion from politics, may not be "capable" of carrying out completely non-related tasks associated with the presidency. Unless you're going to prove that somehow people who believe in Creationism and have the ability to separate religion from politics have lower IQs than people who are evolutionists, I don't see how that could be true.

Quote:
Clearly the cause, what in the world would lead you to believe otherwise?

The fact that you said "no" when I asked you to direct me to the law of evolution, for one.

Quote:
There isn't any need to trace the evolution of every animal, we already understand what causes changes in organisms and have observed the effects.
Saying "Because it happened to A, B, C, and D, it will happen to E if we sit here for a few million years and watch" doesn't make anything a fact, it makes evolution a well-educated guess with lots of evidence behind it.

Quote:

Send me a postcard when your college AA benefiter friend cures poverty in his hometown.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Right. I'm a whackjob, because you became an overnight scienceagnostic because you have an internet crush on an old man

Get a grip

Mr. Baz

Quote:
His supporters won't care, half of them are religious fundamentalists and the others will just shout about STATES RIGHTS to teach evolution without actually thinking through whether that's a good solution or not.

Evolution is a fact as far as anything can be determined to be a fact, it's really sad that in the year 2007 a majority of Americans still believe it's .

Because there is no repeatable scientific proof of such. We have never witnessed an evolutionary change, nor can we cause one to happen. Therefore, it is a theory, not fact. Sorry.

wingedbuttmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baz View Post
Because there is no repeatable scientific proof of such. We have never witnessed an evolutionary change, nor can we cause one to happen. Therefore, it is a theory, not fact. Sorry.

did you even read the thread? A theory is the closest thing to a fact in scientific terms.

reax

analogous structures are witness enough for me

also,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth_evolution

Last edited by reax; 01-04-2008 at 03:02 PM..

Gibonius

Why is it that most of the people who argue against evolution don't even know what a theory and a fact are?

wingedbuttmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Why is it that most of the people who argue against evolution don't even know what a theory and a fact are?

i think it is fairly obvious that they have no understanding of the scientific process, probably because it goes against their every word belief of the bible

-espionage-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
Yeah this is pretty much one of those reasons I don't think I'd ever be able to bring myself to vote for Ron Paul. I seriously doubt that anyone who accepts creationism as truth is intelligent enough to run our nation well.

well i guess we need to rule out every past president weve ever had then

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
The fact that you said "no" when I asked you to direct me to the law of evolution, for one.
Then you're a moron.

Quote:
Saying "Because it happened to A, B, C, and D, it will happen to E if we sit here for a few million years and watch" doesn't make anything a fact, it makes evolution a well-educated guess with lots of evidence behind it.
Evolution works based on physical processes that do not change. This is a fact and not being around to witness the evolution of organisms over millions of years doesn't change at all whether the mechanics work or not. Claiming we can't call evolution a fact because we weren't around for the evolution from single celled to mutli-celled organisms (or any other case of evolution) is like claiming gravity isn't a fact because we weren't around to witness the planets forming. Nothing in evolutionary theory is dependent on long term observations of organism evolution. Our predictions about organism evolutionary trees are (usually) not facts, they're educated guesses but that is not the same as understanding the processes that change genetic information and the resulting change in organisms this brings about.

Quote:

Send me a postcard when your college AA benefiter friend cures poverty in his hometown.

Last edited by Jim Morrison; 01-05-2008 at 02:05 PM..

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit

Quote:
Then you're a moron.

Quote:
Claiming we can't call evolution a fact because we weren't around for the evolution from single celled to mutli-celled organisms (or any other case of evolution) is like claiming gravity isn't a fact because we weren't around to witness the planets forming

Yes, because gravity cannot be tested in a laboratory, and it worked differently billions of years ago than it does now. Get a grip.

Quote:
Our predictions about organism evolutionary trees are (usually) not facts, they're educated guessesbut that is not the same as understanding the processes that change genetic information and the resulting change in organisms this brings about.
Amazing, you actually wrote something I agree with.

Quote:
What? I'm sure he's going to be a Jesus to his neighborhood, and donate everything he makes to improve it. Him getting a good education and a good job magically improves minority literacy and decimates the poverty status in his neighborhood, and all of the white students who are discriminated against when they tried to get into the schools that he did are just overjoyed that despite their denied en to the school/workplace, their suffering is somehow making minority life better.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET