General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
You're a fucking moron.

the question had no obvious response so it was of moronic origins
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 01-03-2008, 10:52 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#181  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
lol
You just blew my mind man

like... man

totally

its that simple
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 01-03-2008, 10:52 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#182  

gg next
 
although i'm a staunch atheist, i almost wish there was a god so that all the atheists out who look down at creationists from their high horses could shit their pants when they met their maker.

in any case, america wont elect an atheist, so you guys might as well bite your tongues and start looking for a candidate whose POLICIES you agree with... rather than their personal decisions.
__________________
no sig crew
Old 01-03-2008, 11:31 PM gg next is offline  
Reply With Quote
#183  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja: View Post
RuHo is mad at me.

__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 01-04-2008, 02:14 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#184  

slicedoranges
I'M A COCKSUCKER, JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE & I'LL SUCK YOUR'S DRY
 
slicedoranges's Avatar
 
I really stopped giving a shit, since he's definitely not going to get elected.

/puts on flame suit, but stands by previous statement
Old 01-04-2008, 03:43 AM slicedoranges is offline  
Reply With Quote
#185  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeIRye View Post
Why would you continue defending their stance when you are shown to be wrong?

The only ones that have proven to be whackjobs in here are you, RuHo, and Jim Morrison, who insist that someone who doesn't believe in something not proven "fact" in every sense of the word is not qualified to run a country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Again, believing in things without proof is not the same as denying evidence for things they don't like. Quit using the god - creationism comparison.

But it is the same thing. There is no evidence for a God, since supernatural things are, to our understanding, quite impossible, therefore there is no evidence for Creationism, because such an idea is supernatural as well. You're denying evidence on both of them; Common sense/every established law of what someone can and can not do for God, and every bit of evidence for Evolution for Creationism.


Quote:
I have no idea where you got oppression from...
The sentence before it:

Quote:
If a person can't critically evaluate the evidence supporting evolution, who's to say they are capable of handling other complex judgments required of the president?
You're insinuating that someone who believes in religion more than science in this regard, despite a possible ability of said person to separate religion from politics, may not be "capable" of carrying out completely non-related tasks associated with the presidency. Unless you're going to prove that somehow people who believe in Creationism and have the ability to separate religion from politics have lower IQs than people who are evolutionists, I don't see how that could be true.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Clearly the cause, what in the world would lead you to believe otherwise?

The fact that you said "no" when I asked you to direct me to the law of evolution, for one.

Quote:
There isn't any need to trace the evolution of every animal, we already understand what causes changes in organisms and have observed the effects.
Saying "Because it happened to A, B, C, and D, it will happen to E if we sit here for a few million years and watch" doesn't make anything a fact, it makes evolution a well-educated guess with lots of evidence behind it.

Quote:


Send me a postcard when your college AA benefiter friend cures poverty in his hometown.
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 01-04-2008, 10:59 AM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#186  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Right. I'm a whackjob, because you became an overnight scienceagnostic because you have an internet crush on an old man

Get a grip
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 01-04-2008, 01:34 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#187  

Mr. Baz
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
His supporters won't care, half of them are religious fundamentalists and the others will just shout about STATES RIGHTS to teach evolution without actually thinking through whether that's a good solution or not.

Evolution is a fact as far as anything can be determined to be a fact, it's really sad that in the year 2007 a majority of Americans still believe it's .

Because there is no repeatable scientific proof of such. We have never witnessed an evolutionary change, nor can we cause one to happen. Therefore, it is a theory, not fact. Sorry.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:44 PM Mr. Baz is offline  
Reply With Quote
#188  

wingedbuttmonkey
 
wingedbuttmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baz View Post
Because there is no repeatable scientific proof of such. We have never witnessed an evolutionary change, nor can we cause one to happen. Therefore, it is a theory, not fact. Sorry.

did you even read the thread? A theory is the closest thing to a fact in scientific terms.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:51 PM wingedbuttmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#189  

reax
 
analogous structures are witness enough for me

also,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth_evolution
__________________
Gen[M]ay [M]azda Club

Last edited by reax; 01-04-2008 at 03:02 PM..
Old 01-04-2008, 03:00 PM reax is offline  
Reply With Quote
#190  

Gibonius
 
Why is it that most of the people who argue against evolution don't even know what a theory and a fact are?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:12 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#191  

wingedbuttmonkey
 
wingedbuttmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Why is it that most of the people who argue against evolution don't even know what a theory and a fact are?

i think it is fairly obvious that they have no understanding of the scientific process, probably because it goes against their every word belief of the bible
Old 01-04-2008, 03:48 PM wingedbuttmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#192  

-espionage-
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
Yeah this is pretty much one of those reasons I don't think I'd ever be able to bring myself to vote for Ron Paul. I seriously doubt that anyone who accepts creationism as truth is intelligent enough to run our nation well.

well i guess we need to rule out every past president weve ever had then
__________________
How many Jeeps would an Isajeep Jeep if an Isajeep could Jeep Jeeps?
Old 01-05-2008, 08:35 AM -espionage- is offline  
Reply With Quote
#193  

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH
 
Escaped Gorilla Genitals's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
The fact that you said "no" when I asked you to direct me to the law of evolution, for one.
Then you're a moron.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
Saying "Because it happened to A, B, C, and D, it will happen to E if we sit here for a few million years and watch" doesn't make anything a fact, it makes evolution a well-educated guess with lots of evidence behind it.
Evolution works based on physical processes that do not change. This is a fact and not being around to witness the evolution of organisms over millions of years doesn't change at all whether the mechanics work or not. Claiming we can't call evolution a fact because we weren't around for the evolution from single celled to mutli-celled organisms (or any other case of evolution) is like claiming gravity isn't a fact because we weren't around to witness the planets forming. Nothing in evolutionary theory is dependent on long term observations of organism evolution. Our predictions about organism evolutionary trees are (usually) not facts, they're educated guesses but that is not the same as understanding the processes that change genetic information and the resulting change in organisms this brings about.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post


Send me a postcard when your college AA benefiter friend cures poverty in his hometown.

Last edited by Jim Morrison; 01-05-2008 at 02:05 PM..
Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 PM Escaped Gorilla Genitals is offline  
Reply With Quote
#194  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Then you're a moron.





Quote:
Claiming we can't call evolution a fact because we weren't around for the evolution from single celled to mutli-celled organisms (or any other case of evolution) is like claiming gravity isn't a fact because we weren't around to witness the planets forming


Yes, because gravity cannot be tested in a laboratory, and it worked differently billions of years ago than it does now. Get a grip.

Quote:
Our predictions about organism evolutionary trees are (usually) not facts, they're educated guessesbut that is not the same as understanding the processes that change genetic information and the resulting change in organisms this brings about.
Amazing, you actually wrote something I agree with.



Quote:
What? I'm sure he's going to be a Jesus to his neighborhood, and donate everything he makes to improve it. Him getting a good education and a good job magically improves minority literacy and decimates the poverty status in his neighborhood, and all of the white students who are discriminated against when they tried to get into the schools that he did are just overjoyed that despite their denied en to the school/workplace, their suffering is somehow making minority life better.
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 01-07-2008, 09:37 AM Mr. Greg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#195  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.