General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
You had to have been high when you came up with THIS little wonder.

why?

Its the simple truth of the matter.

Its funny because... it is that retardedly simple.
Really think about it. Remove all the misunderstandings of syntax, remove all the jargon.
Remove all the fancy wordings, stories, psalms, evidences and whatnot to make yourself sound intelligent.
get it to the core of it.
Western Science currently postulates that everything seen, experienced, thought, felt etc.
It's all governed by the nature of two points in space.

sounds AWFULLY familiar in theory to religious stuff
All except Christianity says everything is governed by the nature of 'one' thing

Last edited by ry_goody; 01-09-2008 at 01:09 AM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius

I always enjoy your catastrophically poor understanding of quantum mechanics. Good for a laugh.

imzjustplayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androo View Post

Paul may be a religious nutjob, but his heart is in the right place when it comes to politics and limited government and that's all that matters. If anything this video makes me feel more comfortable about his religious beliefs simply because he stressed how unimportant they are to his platform. Is there any other candidate who has done the same?

QFT

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
i think what he's getting at is "2particles1cup".

DivineStorm
I talk shit on the internet because in real life i'm a huge fucking pussy faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
I always enjoy your catastrophically poor understanding of quantum mechanics. Good for a laugh.

Naruto!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
Who cares what his opinion is on abortion? The point is that he isn't imposing his opinion on anyone else, and, despite his opinion on the matter, he's letting the states decide whether they want abortion to be legal there or not, and not trying to sneak something in a presidential signing statement banning abortion for everyone in the country based on his personal beliefs

If the current system allows abortion then letting the states decide would only lead to certain states disallowing abortion right? so how is that not what he wants?

Naruto!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
Guys. I have some news for you.
Some scientifically evidenced fact.

Everything you see, at the most microscopic quantum level, is composed of two particles. Boson and Fermion.

Two Particles, Two Points, make everything in the known universe, this is a scientific fact.

Are any one of you 'intelligent scientific types' capable of explaining to me how postulating everything in the known universe, even the thoughts in your head, to be composed of Two Points is any less crazy than postulating everything in the known universe to be composed of One Point (God)?

I really don't see what the hell you guys are even talking about. Do you not realize that even science itself has nearly evidenced the existence of God? Ok it's evidenced the existence of Two Gods, Two Points, Two Particles the nature of and will of come to manifest everything in the known universe we see, think and experience.

Think people think. Postulating everything to be from ONE point is only 50% "crazier" than postulating everything to be of TWO points like Quantum Theory does.

And atleast IN MY OPINION, you need hardly even half a brain to notice that. We came from 270 molecules, to 3 atomic particles, to 2 quantum particles. What next? Oh I think there might just be "ONE" particle. It seems like a VERY logical extrapolation of this direction of studying the subatomic realm because the only place left to go after discovering TWO points govern is then discovering that ONE point governs all.

Please actually think about this. Throw off all your complications and and personal delusions running through your head and think about the simple fact that Science currently has EVIDENCED everything in the known universe, even the thoughts in your head, to be governed by the nature of TWO POINTS in space. Two Holographic Points, of which distance between them is technically non-existent at their subatomic level.

Seriously actually think about this. All you arguing this do you realize that the debate of GOD vs SCIENCE is actually nothing more than a debate of EVERYTHING IS COMPOSED OF ONE PARTICLE vs EVERYTHING IS COMPOSED OF TWO PARTICLES. You guys realize thats the only thing you have been arguing all these pages? Is Spirituality and Religion correct in postulating ONE that governs all, or is science and current quantum theory correct in postulating TWO governs all.

And then lets just connect another dot here cause I know some of you hate to do this on your own. All of evolution is governed by the nature of TWO PARTICLES, TWO POINTS IN SPACE by current evidenced scientific fact.

All religion says is evolution is governed by ONE PARTICLE.
Of course though they replaced 'evolution' with an oddly simplified story. But evolution is evolution no matter what.

one particle is satan lulz

Postal Blowshit
Postal Blowfish
Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg next View Post
although i'm a staunch atheist, i almost wish there was a god so that all the atheists out who look down at creationists from their high horses could shit their pants when they met their maker.

this, and so that this god could smite 99% of his followers and send them to a lake of fire to suffer for an eternity for failing basic comprehension. sure its a big fuckin book, but damn. it's not rocket science in that thing. but still, people are so fuckin simple they don't even get simple.

i'd like to see one simple thing happen regarding religion: everyone stop fucking trying to spread your beliefs. people should come to their own conclusions. this would apply mostly to the religious, but to some atheists as well who through their actions become every bit the douchebags most religious nuts are, if not worse.

Malakai

a) he doesnt want the government to have the power to force you to learn anything so his personal opinions dont matter

b) he isn't a creationist, the few times he actually talks about it (after being baited by reporters no doubt, since his beliefs have nothing to do with politics or leadership qualities), but he learns towards intelligent design being possible. He said recently "well why couldn't there have been evolution with god guiding it along", ie I don't know where the fuck life came from, but I believe god had something to do with it.

If you don't think that's a pretty reasonable opinion for a strongly christian person to have, then the christians you know are very different from the ones I do.

Why don't you try reading some of his books on economics or foreign policy instead of brainlessly shitting on the guy for some offhand comment to a group of supporters. Huckabee talks to god on his cell during his fundraisers, McCain makes racist jokes and calls for more and longer wars like it's a game, and Hillarys speeches are completely different depending on who shes talking too. None of them know shit about economics. Mccain said 0% interest rates would be great (he isnt the first candidate this race to do so either, Thompson comes to mind as well) and had know idea what the PPT is.

If this guy was handling our economic policy, we'd be rolling in the money and there would be SO much more opportunity to get out from under the corporations boots and make your own living. All the local and small businesses didn't just disappear over the last 3/4 of a century for no reason, government colluding with big corporations equals less chance for competition and less opportunity for all of us...

Last edited by Malakai; 02-01-2008 at 01:52 AM..

SnakeIRye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
b) he isn't a creationist, the few times he actually talks about it (after being baited by reporters no doubt, since his beliefs have nothing to do with politics or leadership qualities), but he learns towards intelligent design being possible. He said recently "well why couldn't there have been evolution with god guiding it along", ie I don't know where the fuck life came from, but I believe god had something to do with it.

If you really understood evolution, you would know how silly "the guiding hand of god" sounds. There is no place for god in evolution and that's why it's so controversial.

ephekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
So now that we know he doesn't believe in an unproven theory we can let our country be destroyed by our fascist government.

You obviously didn't learn much in jr. high science class, and yet you expect us to listen to you regarding politics?

Evolution is as much of an "unproven theory" as they theory of gravity is.

Last edited by ephekt; 02-01-2008 at 01:45 PM..

Free_Willy

Ron Paul is the top GOP fundraiser for 4th quarter!

News shocker: Ron Paul was biggest GOP fundraiser last quarter
Well, it's official, ladies and gentlemen. Believe it or not, Rep. Ron Paul, the 72-year-old Texan who hardly ever gets mentioned in Republican political news and the one-time libertarian who always gets the least time on TV debates if he isn't barred completely, was, in fact, the most successful Republican fundraiser in the last three months of 2007.

By a Texas mile.

By the thousands, Paul's fervent followers donated $19.95 million to the "Ron Paul Revolution." He spent $17.75 million, and at year's end, had $7.8 million cash on hand, making him the only Republican candidate to increase his fundraising totals in every quarter of 2007. According to his website, Paul's Paulunteers have contributed another $4.1 million this month to...

fuel the strict constitutionalist's travels and advertising campaign.

Compare that impressive financial success with, say, ex-candidate Rudy Giuliani, who raised only $14.4 million from Oct. 1 to Dec. 31 and spent $18.2 million.

Or the departed Fred Thompson, who collected $8.9 million and spent $13.9 million.

Or even the newly-minted Republican front-runner Sen. John McCain, who raked in only $9.9 million, spent $10.5 million and had only $2.9 million cash in hand. Of course, McCain's string of primary victories in January will have boosted his financial fortunes. Everybody loves a winner.

Mitt Romney actually raised only $9.2 million from other people last quarter, less than half of Paul's haul. However, the former Massachusetts governor -- and if he keeps spending at this rate, the quite possibly former multimillionaire -- gave himself $18 million more of his own money last fall for a total of $27.2 million and $2.4 million cash on hand.

Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, who's had trouble raising money, issued an unusual statement Thursday night. "My presidential campaign," he said, "has defied the odds and will continue to do so, as we head into the Super Tuesday primaries, proving the power of message over money and mechanics."

The statement did not include any Huckabee figures for the fourth quarter. Which suggests that the winner of the Republican caucuses in Iowa didn't have a very good fourth quarter.

So a certain suspicious blogger, led by the experienced hand of The Times' campaign finance expert Dan Morain, went to the website of the Federal Election Commission and looked up Huckabee's fourth-quarter report. It seems he raised about $6.7 million, a third of Paul's sum, while spending $7.08 million, leaving him on New Year's Eve with cash on hand of only $651,300.68. No wonder he didn't mention numbers in the news release.

Now, this month Huckabee will have received some donations after his Jan. 3 Iowa win. But it does raise serious questions about how long the Arkansan can continue to compete after Feb. 5 or even how much he can do before other than get on as many free radio and TV shows as possible.

Paul, who's done well in some symbolic straw polls and little-noticed state caucuses until his best showing so far as a second-place finisher to Romney in the Nevada caucuses, has repeatedly disavowed a third-party effort if his bid to be the Republican nominee in St. Paul next summer falls short.

His determined followers maintain that a news media conspiracy is holding down Paul's success at the polls, although obviously word has gotten out to somebody for him to raise such sums. Paul's outspoken stands, including withdrawal from Iraq and drastic downsizing of the federal government, run counter to each of his GOP competitors.

As for Paul's campaign, his loyal troops plan another "money bomb," a big fundraising day, today in honor of Ron and Carol Paul's 51st wedding anniversary. One of the obvious gifts: the undisputed GOP fundraising championship for the last three months of 2007.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...hocker-ro.html

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.