Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

mike27
crt expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasmo View Post
wtf?

No. NO.

No.

Please never again state that, as far as we know, the universe could have been created 100 years ago, or 10,000 years ago. Ever.

Ever.

you're an idiot

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

MisterKinish
ChopGawd

Those of you who choose to focus on Ron Paul's religious beliefs and ignore everything great that he stands for...

THIS IS YOU:

SnakeIRye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
It isn't a fact if you have to "predict" things that you can't prove, plain and simple. See the gibbons lineage.

The point is that evolutionary theory is so sound and fool proof, you can accurately make predictions based off of it. The examples I gave are true and it's proof of a concrete explanation for life as we know it and what was previously described as "gods territory"

There are soooo many gaps in the lineage and fossil record You reminded me of why creationists love more fossil record discoveries. The scientists didn't find a missing link! There are now TWO extra holes in the lineage; one in the front and one in the back

Last edited by SnakeIRye; 12-31-2007 at 05:30 PM..

topcat989

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeIRye View Post
The point of the thread - believing stupid shit in one area generally spreads to other areas of thinking.......

Works for me. I'll be sure and apply that line of thinking to all the fucking liberals.

Sarcasmo
This is my Haiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike27 View Post
you're an idiot

You're the one who can't prove whether the universe was created before 1907. I can.

MisterKinish
ChopGawd

Quote:
You're the one who can't prove whether the universe was created before 1907. I can.

mike27
crt expert

Quote:

No, you can't

Also, your concept of time is misled and meaningless

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeIRye View Post
The point is that evolutionary theory is so sound and fool proof, you can accurately make predictions based off of it. The examples I gave are true and it's proof of a concrete explanation for life as we know it and what was previously described as "gods territory"

And I agree with you on every point in this paragraph, seeing as you acknowledge that it is indeed one very good explanation for what happened, one with physical, concrete evidence.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET

mathlete
I'm the cheapest person on this planet, maybe the universe.

Quote:
Then please, show me the experiments carried out which have observed an ape ancestor split off into modern apes and humans. . It's still a theory. A very good one, with lots of evidence, and very worth accepting, but it's still not fact, and any person who chooses not to believe in it should not be burned at the stake as a heretic.

The fact that ape chromosomes 12 and 13 match up perfectly with human chromosome 2 (complete with a vestigial centromere and telomeres) is pretty damning evidence that they evolved from a common ancestor.

Rejecting evolution is as foolish as rejecting relativity, but it's more accepted in part because people like you defend the fools that do so.

4/7/2009 mathlete became Dr. mathlete

Mr. Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
The fact that ape chromosomes 12 and 13 match up perfectly with human chromosome 2 (complete with a vestigial centromere and telomeres) is pretty damning evidence that they evolved from a common ancestor.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster could of made it that way.

Quote:
Rejecting evolution is as foolish as rejecting relativity, but it's more accepted in part because people like you defend the fools that do so.
I don't see why it's bad to defend someone who has that belief yet does not decry others for having opposing beliefs.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
The Flying Spaghetti Monster could of made it that way.

I don't see why it's bad to defend someone who has that belief yet does not decry others for having opposing beliefs.

You did more than defended him for that belief.

Mr. Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
You did more than defended him for that belief.

How so? I said that such a belief is not one to warrant him slander, because it's something that cannot be disproved, and that I believe in the opposite anyways.

mathlete
I'm the cheapest person on this planet, maybe the universe.

Quote:
How so? I said that such a belief is not one to warrant him slander, because it's something that cannot be disproved, and that I believe in the opposite anyways.

It's not slander to deride someone for ignoring overwhelming evidence in favor of an idea with no evidence.

4/7/2009 mathlete became Dr. mathlete

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
Not when you use this word:

Something isn't perfect when you have to make a prediction on it. It's kinda like how you say that it is a fact that affirmative action results in black society improving as a whole, and that it is a fact that affirmative action doesn't increase racism, right?
I said fossils being scattered and hard to find was a predictable outcome of natural processes, it's not a prediction that evolution makes. At any rate evidence shows evolution is clearly the cause of organism diversity and change. There isn't any room for creationism because the diversity of life is already perfectly explained by evolution. When a ball falls off a desk and hits a floor people don't think God showed up in the middle of the ball falling and gave it an extra nudge for some enigmatic reason, all the reasons the ball fell is already perfectly explained by gravity and physics. Anything else is just wishful thinking/willful ignorance

Quote:
Speaking of, where's your latest reply in that thread? Finally realize how stupid your argument was and abandoned it to challenge me here instead?
I got tired of arguing with you about it.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike27 View Post
No, you can't

Also, your concept of time is misled and meaningless
You can't prove you're not a figment of my imagination, if you say you can prove you're not then you're clearly a moron who's concept of reality is misled and meaningless.
*sips cheap Canadian wine, reads through latest Sci-Fi channel movie scripts for big break*
Ah, Anaconda: Judgment Day....here I come Hollywood!

Last edited by Jim Morrison; 01-01-2008 at 03:17 PM..