General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

TG:US - Season Tres. Que es tu episode favorito?

So I've already pointed out how those fuckers have grown into their roles and the show isn't half bad.

I dare say the good ones are better than the average UK episodes. I'm up to ep. 6 of season 3. IMO the ones with mini-cars were good, so were rental cars and the toughest car in America - all had me giggling like a retard at many points. I guess being super duper stoned helps also

You guys following this shit or what?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

The show didn't get decent until they got an actual budget that includes travel. Still doesn't compare to the original, and that goes for the Aussie, Korean, Russian, whatever knockoffs..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

It does compare. I've seen some shitty episodes of TG-UK that had me literally falling asleep. Not all of it is gold, we just forget the crap ones and talk about the really good ones: specials, big trips and so forth.

Our version needs to do a big road trip somewhere.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

The one where they didn't completely rip off a TGUK script almost exactly in some horribly underfunded way...

oh wait...

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
The one where they didn't completely rip off a TGUK script almost exactly in some horribly underfunded way...

oh wait...

That's like saying Simpsons did it isn't it? hell even TG-UK ripped off themselves several times. For instance the whole car soccer/car rugby shit.

Or the second time they went across Africa. Everything is in the details, not the blanket premise IMO. I kind of threw up a little when I started the episode with double-decker BMWs expecting the lamest rerun ever but those guys made it worth watching as an all American reincarnation.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

They are getting better at talking shit to each other, the first two seasons it seemed like they really didn't know each other well enough to ad lib beyond what was given by the producers..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
They are getting better at talking shit to each other, the first two seasons it seemed like they really didn't know each other well enough to ad lib beyond what was given by the producers..

Yup. One of the TG-UK producers once said the show isn't about cars, it's about three dudes getting along. That chemistry is important.

I even think our version has something the UK version doesn't, and that's tanner as a professional driver and not just some ham fisted journalist. Sure they have the Stig, but we never get to hear his take on a car.

Ps. who else thinks US stig is actually Tanner half of the time?

Glory Hallelujah

The one where they drive pickup trucks across Alaska was pretty good. It's nice to see a TG series giving the US domestic market vehicles some love. I get a little tired of TG:UK bitching constantly about American vehicles for the dumbest shit.

Shadez

The last episode was fantastic - Iceland I think?

I look forward to TGUS, but not as much as TGUK. That being said, they are different shows.

UK has the guests, money, and studio. This works because they are on a massive channel in the UK with tons of money behind it. They can get the big stars to come on their show because Jeremy and Richard are actual celebrities, or at least the show has enough perceived power to really showcase their work.
The US version is on the history channel and does not have a celebrity as a host - tanner has some fame from driving and shit, but the other two are mostly unknown unless you count some speed channel commentary.

U Caught The Gay

I think the whole show is meh. Almost every episode is a "challenge" or competition that ends up with some shitty reward. I'm sure it's cool for them, but it's pretty boring.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
The last episode was fantastic - Iceland I think?

I look forward to TGUS, but not as much as TGUK. That being said, they are different shows.

UK has the guests, money, and studio. This works because they are on a massive channel in the UK with tons of money behind it. They can get the big stars to come on their show because Jeremy and Richard are actual celebrities, or at least the show has enough perceived power to really showcase their work.
The US version is on the history channel and does not have a celebrity as a host - tanner has some fame from driving and shit, but the other two are mostly unknown unless you count some speed channel commentary.

They did have famous people on, or at least as famous in US as some Who Doctor on the UK show. So small time reality show people.

They should get Sheldon on there. And Penny.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Also TG US does have a studio, don't they? At least they used to, and they did interviews and stuff. I got to say I usually don't like the celebrity segments unless it's someone like Matt LeBlanc or mr bean.

Shadez

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
They did have famous people on, or at least as famous in US as some Who Doctor on the UK show. So small time reality show people.

They should get Sheldon on there. And Penny.

come on dude, you gotta admit the celebs on TGUS are definitely not to the level of people on the UK show.

fackin tom cruise, tons of F1 drivers, A-list british celebs, come on.

we get chum lee over here

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

I was just reading a story about the NBC version of TGUS that got scrapped. They had a whole hangar made up just like TGUK and the first guest was The Hoff. It was written by a guy who got invited to the pilot filming to be in the audience.

Too bad no one will ever see it.

nozled

While TG:US isn't as good as the UK version, it's definitely improved over Season 1.