General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
Well, you come off as thinking you're the resident expert on modifying cars, but you use goddamn shops to do things for you, and you can't commit to a car. Kind of a scatterbrain so to speak. That's why I hate agreeing with you, because you're likely to disagree with yourself later. I also think you have disgusting taste in cars.

Sorry you feel that way.

Whats wrong with my taste in cars?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

gribly

Uhm, textured wheel paint right a bell? How you gonna get brake dust off?

Also, how someone would take their car to a shop for something as simple as say, wheel bearings after owning as many cars that you did that you modified can't possibly be a "car guy" in my mind. If you lived in my area, and were my friend, I'd do the same thing to you that I do to everyone... Publicly shame you into working on it yourself, and I'd even teach you how to do it.

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
And I would not even bother clay-baring the Merc.....I would get a paint correction detail....only have waxed what wont be clear bra'ed.....

You should ALWAYS clay a car after washing prior to paint correction. I completely agree with getting a clear-bra for the car instead of Plasti-Dip solution, but half-assed paint care is not proper.

JPF_

Quote:
If you lived in my area, and were my friend, I'd do the same thing to you that I do to everyone... Publicly shame you into working on it yourself, and I'd even teach you how to do it.

And I would learn all I could and take advantage of that.

Where do you live anyway?

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post
You should ALWAYS clay a car after washing prior to paint correction. I completely agree with getting a clear-bra for the car instead of Plasti-Dip solution, but half-assed paint care is not proper.

You don't need to claybar a car to do paint correction......

You can easily just pressure wash/rinse a car then do paint correction.

gribly

Maine. Your car is too low for our roads. Gotta have bags around here, not coilovers. As a result, I've one seen ONE stanced car, and he his front fenders got tore up bad from his tires.

JPF_

Quote:
Maine. Your car is too low for our roads. Gotta have bags around here, not coilovers. As a result, I've one seen ONE stanced car, and he his front fenders got tore up bad from his tires.

I don't have coilovers anymore, or the wheels

Back to stock.

gribly

Quote:

Pressure washer? Are you talking car paint or house paint buddy? lol

You remind me of one member on here that lives near me, that it took me YEARS to convince him to start waxing his car by hand. He'd pay every year for it to have rust spots fixed and cleaned up by a body shop, but he flat out refused to hand wash the car, he used the car wash. Claimed it was the same thing, and the spray on wax in the automated car wash was just as good as hand waxing he said. Then, when he finally started waxing by hand - he did it without consulting anyone, and waxed his Ranger. He waxed everything, and took his time. Paint, fenders, mirrors, windows... His fender flares STILL look sun faded from the wax in them that he's never been able to get out of the texture.

JPF_

Quote:
Pressure washer? Are you talking car paint or house paint buddy? lol

You remind me of one member on here that lives near me, that it took me YEARS to convince him to start waxing his car by hand. He'd pay every year for it to have rust spots fixed and cleaned up by a body shop, but he flat out refused to hand wash the car, he used the car wash. Claimed it was the same thing, and the spray on wax in the automated car wash was just as good as hand waxing he said. Then, when he finally started waxing by hand - he did it without consulting anyone, and waxed his Ranger. He waxed everything, and took his time. Paint, fenders, mirrors, windows... His fender flares STILL look sun faded from the wax in them that he's never been able to get out of the texture.

Bro, you're over doing it.

Pressure washer as in, not a hose from your house that I piss faster than. As in, it can take off more dirt/grime than a hose from your house.

Seriously.....

I wash, claybar, wash again, and wax my car when I detail it.

gribly

The water action is not what cleans the car, you're just trying to save labor.

RazorWind

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way.

Whats wrong with my taste in cars?

You appear to be a grown man who has similar taste in cars to a fifteen year old. You think "stance" is an important attribute in a vehicle you have to drive every day. You spray paint stock wheels in flat black. Your technical knowledge is basically nonexistent - you "have a guy that you use" for every task, including basic stuff like changing spark plugs that any real car enthusiast should know how to do.

JPF_

Quote:
The water action is not what cleans the car, you're just trying to save labor.

Water is a solvent, water moving at speed breaks dirt/grime/grease.

Holy shit are you just reading parts of my words?

I am talking about paint correction.....ID wet sanding and buffing.......you only need to rinse the car, I was talking to dopefish saying you don't need to claybar it to do paint correction.

And anytime I wash my car I use water pressure.

Are you even arguing about?

RazorWind

Quote:
Water is a solvent, water moving at speed breaks dirt/grime/grease.

Holy shit are you just reading parts of my words?

I am talking about paint correction.....ID wet sanding and buffing.......you only need to rinse the car, I was talking to dopefish saying you don't need to claybar it to do paint correction.

And anytime I wash my car I use water pressure.

Are you even arguing about?

When you use a pressure washer, you're driving whatever abrasive dirt is already on the paint against it with a lot more force than you would if you just sprayed the thing down with a hose, and then allowed the water, combined with a proper surfactant to lift the dirt off, and then wiped it away with a mitt.

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Quote:

I hope no one takes your advice regarding paint care, ever.

An example below of how much is left behind in paint with washing only, no matter the method.

The following steps were taken on my A4:
-Pressure washer, low-pressure rinse
-Foamed entire body
-Pressure washer, normal/high-pressure rinse
-Hand wash with microfiber cloths
-Hand dry with 'waffle' microfiber cloths

Following up with the clay bar:

Lots of contaminants left behind, despite a two-stage washing method that INCLUDED a fucking waste of time pressure washer.

Under halogens before paint-correction:

After mild paint-correction using a compound/medium pad and then polish/non-abrasive pad:

After another hand-rinse, no glaze or wax, post-paint correction:

Last edited by DopefishLives; 04-25-2013 at 09:49 AM..

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
You appear to be a grown man who has similar taste in cars to a fifteen year old. You think "stance" is an important attribute in a vehicle you have to drive every day. You spray paint stock wheels in flat black. Your technical knowledge is basically nonexistent - you "have a guy that you use" for every task, including basic stuff like changing spark plugs that any real car enthusiast should know how to do.

You take one of my cars, and assume I have similar taste in cars to a 15 year old? Please show me any of my other cars I "stanced"

ooook.....yeah you got me bro.

And when the flying fuck did I say I was a car enthusiast?

And my spark plugs where changed because the valve cover gasket was going to be replaced and I was unsure when they were previously changed, or if they even were. And I was not charged labor for that because it was already there. I use a shop once again I said for various reasons.

Do you have your own cow for milk? WELL WHAT THE FUCK M8 Y DONT YOU DO THIS? FUCKING FRESH MILK FROM THE TIT IS BETTER GOD DAM YOURE NOT A FOOD ENTHUSIAST ARE YOU?? FUCKING IDIOT , A FOOD ENTHUSIAST WOULD MAKE THEIR OWN FOOD

I love when morons who do shit, then talk shit to people who don't do it. Fuck you for not respecting what I do, and yet you act like some high and mighty god because you can? Ok bro.

Pretty fucking funny.