General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

gribly

Just saying, I use soap and a sponge, then rinse after. To use a pressure washer on a car is overkill++. Unless of course, you have a shitty pressure washer or turn the regulator all the way down, in which case my hose is about as powerful. See, my water in my house actually works right and has good pressure, because I work on it my own damn self. I pressure wash the boats...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

gribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
You take one of my cars, and assume I have similar taste in cars to a 15 year old? Please show me any of my other cars I "stanced"

ooook.....yeah you got me bro.

And when the flying fuck did I say I was a car enthusiast?

And my spark plugs where changed because the valve cover gasket was going to be replaced and I was unsure when they were previously changed, or if they even were. And I was not charged labor for that because it was already there. I use a shop once again I said for various reasons.

Do you have your own cow for milk? WELL WHAT THE FUCK M8 Y DONT YOU DO THIS? FUCKING FRESH MILK FROM THE TIT IS BETTER GOD DAM YOURE NOT A FOOD ENTHUSIAST ARE YOU?? FUCKING IDIOT , A FOOD ENTHUSIAST WOULD MAKE THEIR OWN FOOD

I love when morons who do shit, then talk shit to people who don't do it. Fuck you for not respecting what I do, and yet you act like some high and mighty god because you can? Ok bro.

Pretty fucking funny.

I grew up on fresh milk that came in pickle jars from the nearby farm, and we grew all our own vegetables, and had enough extra that we sold and traded them. I wouldn't use that argument against me if I were you. I'm actually STILL mad that my healthy way of life that I grew up on is now illegal to live in this country. Fun fact, we didn't have electricity from the grid, either.

gribly

Hmm, this escalated quick... I'm out.

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post
I hope no one takes your advice regarding paint care, ever.

Yah, ok bruh.....you're so smert....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
When you use a pressure washer, you're driving whatever abrasive dirt is already on the paint against it with a lot more force than you would if you just sprayed the thing down with a hose, and then allowed the water, combined with a proper surfactant to lift the dirt off, and then wiped it away with a mitt.

Maybe you dumbfucks just didnt care to take time to read slowly.

IF YOU ARE DOING PAINT CORRECTION, FOR EXAMPLE WET SANDING OR BUFFING: You do not need to do anything more than rinse the car, any containment will come on while doing both. And while wet sanding you have nothing but clear coat and liquid abrasing~ the clear coat anyway......what fucking sense would it make to claybar it when you need abrasive to take off the layers of clear coat?

IF YOU ARE JUST DOING A NORMAL CAR WASH: There is not a god dam thing wrong with pressure washer using warm/hot water to clean a car. In fact I don't even use a rag/towel/microfiber, I use the foam wands. And to use such a silly fucking ass argument as pressurized water will make the dirt move around on the paint? Really? Can your fucking eyes see those micro scratches? You would get more scratches just by driving your fat ass to in-n-out burger than using pressurized water.

I can quote the best detailers in the world, I can show you youtube videos of the same all where my information is backed up by people who get paid more in a month than you do in a year.

And I have used their advice and techniques on my previous cars and never had an issue.

So in closing, shut the fuck up and why not learn something rather than being one track minded dumbfucks?

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
I grew up on fresh milk that came in pickle jars from the nearby farm, and we grew all our own vegetables, and had enough extra that we sold and traded them. I wouldn't use that argument against me if I were you. I'm actually STILL mad that my healthy way of life that I grew up on is now illegal to live in this country. Fun fact, we didn't have electricity from the grid, either.

And yet you grew up, got a job working for the man, cell phone, electricity, and a car, and pasteurized milk from walmart.

JPF_

Quote:
I hope no one takes your advice regarding paint care, ever.

An example below of how much is left behind in paint with washing only, no matter the method.

The following steps were taken on my A4:
-Pressure washer, low-pressure rinse
-Foamed entire body
-Pressure washer, normal/high-pressure rinse
-Hand wash with microfiber cloths
-Hand dry with 'waffle' microfiber cloths

Following up with the clay bar:

Lots of contaminants left behind, despite a two-stage washing method that INCLUDED a fucking waste of time pressure washer.

Under halogens before paint-correction:

After mild paint-correction using a compound/medium pad and then polish/non-abrasive pad:

After another hand-rinse, no glaze or wax, post-paint correction:

And you did a good job. That looks amazing before and after.

But guess what? If you just rinsed it and did the same thing.....same results would occur. And yes, I am speaking from experience on my G8.

gribly

I'm curious, since you act like you know what you are talking about, what pressure do you use? What kinda nozzle?

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

No professional detailer would skimp on preparation (including claybarring) prior to paint correction. Performing PC with known contaminants left behind in the paint will mean that you will cause more swirling before you start removing it and increase the amount of paint removed in order to achieve the desired finish.

If you are happy with the results you achieve by skipping critical steps, that is all well and good, but please do not spread mis-information that will affect others.

JPF_

Quote:
I'm curious, since you act like you know what you are talking about, what pressure do you use? What kinda nozzle?

The one I use is rated for 750psi, and I only use the fan pattern nozzle.

JPF_

Quote:
No professional detailer would skimp on preparation (including claybarring) prior to paint correction. Performing PC with known contaminants left behind in the paint will mean that you will cause more swirling before you start removing it and increase the amount of paint removed in order to achieve the desired finish.

If you are happy with the results you achieve by skipping critical steps, that is all well and good, but please do not spread mis-information that will affect others.

Once again, you don't read what I say.

It's not as if I have some magic box that gives me shit to say. I have spoken to and read and watched various forms of media from the top detailers in the world to understand it. You will always have a contaminant with doing paint correction, clay bar or not, its still there. And it will be removed with proper paint correction.

I can start piling on youtube videos, and information, but you wouldnt listen because you're set in your ways.

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

The only time I use a pressure washer now is when I'm in a hurry and just want to quickly rinse a car. It does not do a good job of cleaning on its own and improperly used can do more harm than good.

gribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
The one I use is rated for 750psi, and I only use the fan pattern nozzle.

That's not a real pressure washer... Pressure wash away. That probably couldn't even remove algae from a kayak even if you bleached the hull first.

JPF_

Quote:
That's not a real pressure washer... Pressure wash away. That probably couldn't even remove algae from a kayak even if you bleached the hull first.

Actually, funny you mention that. My buddy washes his 2 kayak's with mine, and it cleans up nice.

Once again you guys just are not listening to what words I am saying, lol to me its funny as fuck.

gribly

LOL, I use my boats in the ocean. I have to repaint the Cape Dory every year, since we keep it anchored out front of the house.

JPF_

Quote:
LOL, I use my boats in the ocean. I have to repaint the Cape Dory every year, since we keep it anchored out front of the house.

My buddy uses his maybe 1-3 times a week.....it gets some algae but nothing major. Enough to clean it.

He uses his in the ocean and small rivers/lakes