General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
Wow, a bike handling better with upgraded suspension?
well, comparing it to some year sixxers it may handle better simply due to weight.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by totensiebush View Post
well, comparing it to some year sixxers it may handle better simply due to weight.

Logically you'd be comparing same-year bikes.
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

Quote:
Logically you'd be comparing same-year bikes.
or to ones that cost the same amount

lopoetve

Quote:
Seriously?

test drove both and that's what I felt. It handled like it was on rails, the Gixxer was a good handling 600, by all means, but the SV was great.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopoetve View Post
test drove both and that's what I felt. It handled like it was on rails, the Gixxer was a good handling 600, by all means, but the SV was great.

Did you get your knee down on both? Were they both on brand new tires?
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

lopoetve

Quote:
Did you get your knee down on both? Were they both on brand new tires?

both used with about 2000 miles (good tread on both, both running Dunlop D208s), and of course not, I was getting decent lean on some local roads I know really well though.

Was it the best test? Of course not, but I definitely could get more out of hte SV than the Gixxer. Dunno.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Quote:
both used with about 2000 miles (good tread on both, both running Dunlop D208s), and of course not, I was getting decent lean on some local roads I know really well though.

Was it the best test? Of course not, but I definitely could get more out of hte SV than the Gixxer. Dunno.

Honestly, it's because the SV is much more of a beginners bike.

lopoetve

I've read reviews that said the same: The SV is known for handling... oh well
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

lopoetve

Well, it finally happened... coming home, coming up on a turn I know onto my main street, and finally decided to take it a little faster. I'm used to taking it slow, just poking around the corner to look for traffic and because I take corners slow. (I've never had a problem with the sweepers or tight corners in the mountains, but when making a turn onto another road, I tend to go pretty slow). came up, downshifted twice, braked, and then eased on the throttle while leaning into it a bit... and it happened.

I hit it perfectly Nice sweeper right into the correct lane, upright on time, and at about twice the speed (25ish) than I normally do Finally relaxing a little around town, and the new tires are far more predictable than the old ones. Felt damned good too.

Ah well. onwards and upwards
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

mushrew

Quote:
Well, it finally happened... coming home, coming up on a turn I know onto my main street, and finally decided to take it a little faster. I'm used to taking it slow, just poking around the corner to look for traffic and because I take corners slow. (I've never had a problem with the sweepers or tight corners in the mountains, but when making a turn onto another road, I tend to go pretty slow). came up, downshifted twice, braked, and then eased on the throttle while leaning into it a bit... and it happened.

I hit it perfectly Nice sweeper right into the correct lane, upright on time, and at about twice the speed (25ish) than I normally do Finally relaxing a little around town, and the new tires are far more predictable than the old ones. Felt damned good too.

Ah well. onwards and upwards
you got me there

thanks for the comments everyone i'm gonna go to the dealer later this week and go check out both and let you know what ends up happening...hopefully i'll come to my senses and not get either

mattress

oh man, ran into a big problem this morning. it was below 40 degrees outside, and i'm riding to work. my faceshield in my helmet fogs up so bad I can't see.. and actually starts condensating... I have to repeatedly wipe off the inside with my glove... it was bad.

what's a good way to prevent this from happening? some kind of anti fog/anti condensation stuff?

lopoetve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattress View Post
oh man, ran into a big problem this morning. it was below 40 degrees outside, and i'm riding to work. my faceshield in my helmet fogs up so bad I can't see.. and actually starts condensating... I have to repeatedly wipe off the inside with my glove... it was bad.

what's a good way to prevent this from happening? some kind of anti fog/anti condensation stuff?

open it

Go to a scuba shop; they have anti-fog that rocks.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

mattress

yeah, I think it just may be the faceshield I have or something. Everytime I come to a stop, it immediatly starts fogging up, I open it and it goes away.

This morning, it was really bad. Simply opening didn't work, and it fogged up while riding. It actually started forming water droplets on the mask heh. So I had to ride with it open, and man that was some cold wind! I had tears running down my face LOL

Anyway, I rode to my local bike shop, and they sold me a bottle of this spray on stuff that seems to work wonders. Also found some scratches on my faceshield already

lopoetve

scratches always happen. bugs, rocks, snot... you name it
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

princess0fdiabl0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattress View Post
This morning, it was really bad. Simply opening didn't work, and it fogged up while riding. It actually started forming water droplets on the mask heh. So I had to ride with it open, and man that was some cold wind! I had tears running down my face LOL

At least you could do it... it happened to me and so i opened my face mask, my glasses started fogging up and getting drops on them had to pull over a spell.