General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Biospider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos View Post
This game seems to be losing it's luster by the week anyways.

If you check around, it looks like it's been that way for about five years.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

kudos
I am a homofag with no friends and Halo owns my soul

I hope that isn't sarcasm.

growler
Since I continuously bitch when The Queen posts, she is my new av.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biospider View Post
If you check around, it looks like it's been that way for about five years.

I've been playing the game on and off since it launched and once I played cataclysm for a month I really had no interest in ever coming back

nothing they've released about new content has come even close to piquing my interest

Biospider

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
I've been playing the game on and off since it launched and once I played cataclysm for a month I really had no interest in ever coming back

nothing they've released about new content has come even close to piquing my interest

That's cool, the game isn't for you. However, people can't just go around pretending Blizzard released a pristine jewel 6 years ago that's they've slowly been destroying.

It seems it's never people that outgrow the game, but always the game deteriorating below playability.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

I log on.... and I'm just like... blahhhhhhhhhhhh and then I log off.

summarizes my non raid wow activity for the last week

Condoner

The issue is there's only one set of raid content to be doing right now.

They really need to get firelands out.

Mooninites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post

And the problem will then be that there's one set of raid content to be doing. Who is gonna bother doing tier 1 raids when firelands is out? See: WOTLK

Bukkakeboy

Heroics!

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

growler
Since I continuously bitch when The Queen posts, she is my new av.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
Heroics!

were boring not even a month after release

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post

The issue is that the game is now a grindfest. Doing the same shit over and over again so you can have some sort of competitive edge is not good gameplay; it's a way for Blizzard to slack off on the content end of things. I miss going into dungeons, getting the loot I want from them, and then never having to do them again.

Also, Firelands won't change anything. 90% of people will just ignore the other raids.

gwiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
The issue is that the game is now a grindfest. Doing the same shit over and over again so you can have some sort of competitive edge is not good gameplay; it's a way for Blizzard to slack off on the content end of things. I miss going into dungeons, getting the loot I want from them, and then never having to do them again.

Also, Firelands won't change anything. 90% of people will just ignore the other raids.

Uh. Lich King was the exact same shit for two years. Every 4-5 months we got something new that lasted a week or two, and back to doing heroics, same old same old every day. Either that or leveling an alt, or waiting for the lockout to be done to do the weekly and raid the LK.

I don't see much, if any, difference now.

Biospider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post

You're familiar with the MMORPG genre, yes? It's that type of game where you repeatedly do stuff to grow and groom the numbers attached to your character. Blizzard's development style has been quite consistent since launch. New content is minimal and infrequent except for gigantic expansions that people will bitch about three months after launch.

I baffles me that people are so jaded about the game, but will keep playing it for no apparently reason. "I hate the raids. I hate the PvP. I hate the grinding. I play it three hours a night."

Just. Stop. Playing.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
were boring not even a month after release

and the only reason they're more challenging than in wrath?

drumroll....

random dungeon finder groups are horrendous and you have absolutely no recourse to cope with horrible players

If you get a smash group, everyone doing 12k+, cc'ers know how to CC and re-CC if needed, healer has no problem with chain pulling ... its great... in and out 70 valor points.

horrible players intentionally play worse because they know after being votekicked so many times, they then have TWO HOURS of built in immunity.

kudos
I am a homofag with no friends and Halo owns my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biospider View Post
You're familiar with the MMORPG genre, yes? It's that type of game where you repeatedly do stuff to grow and groom the numbers attached to your character. Blizzard's development style has been quite consistent since launch. New content is minimal and infrequent except for gigantic expansions that people will bitch about three months after launch.

I baffles me that people are so jaded about the game, but will keep playing it for no apparently reason. "I hate the raids. I hate the PvP. I hate the grinding. I play it three hours a night."

Just. Stop. Playing.

Hey dumbshit, before carebear WoW was released most MMO's didn't lack content until just before the next expansion was coming out.

So it is you who is not familiar with MMORPG's you fucking newb

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwiber View Post
Uh. Lich King was the exact same shit for two years. Every 4-5 months we got something new that lasted a week or two, and back to doing heroics, same old same old every day. Either that or leveling an alt, or waiting for the lockout to be done to do the weekly and raid the LK.

I don't see much, if any, difference now.

WoW was around before WotLK.