General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
Why the fuck would you single tank him?

Jeesus :\
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 04-18-2011, 10:12 AM Bukkakeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1561  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
Why the fuck would you single tank him?

Jeesus :\

apparently in previous weeks we'd been hitting "soft enrage" due to slow dps which meant that heals were blocked?

some like that.

but single tank definitely isnt the way to get it done.
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 04-18-2011, 11:46 AM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1562  

Mooninites
 
Mooninites's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
apparently in previous weeks we'd been hitting "soft enrage" due to slow dps which meant that heals were blocked?

some like that.

but single tank definitely isnt the way to get it done.
Single tank is really effective if you're really really good and lucky. If your "offtank" taunter gets worshipped right before he has to taunt for fury, guess what: you're fucked!
__________________
Mooninites unite!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:48 AM Mooninites is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1563  

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material
 
spoon's Avatar
 
So, the great majority of officers in my guild are complete dicks. About a week or so ago, I was doing Kara on my Shaman and I suddenly got kicked from my guild. I found out soon after that one of the officers/co-GMs was posing shit about me in BWD general chat. As it turns out, he was reported for it, resulting in a warning. So, this idiot instantly assumes it was me who reported him, despite the fact that I almost never have general or trade chat turned on, in an attempt to preserve the fragile shreds of my sanity. Or even give a crap about what was posted, given I have heard it a million times in the past, for that matter. He then kicks me, has a hissy fit and logs off.

I can see, to some extent, why he thought it was me who reported him as in the last 6 years, I have reported two people that were guildies. One was back in 2006 some time for calling me a pedo, amongst other things via PM and the other was a newly appointed "officer" (not the guy I'm talking about for this current issue) who is not only an utter moron, but a complete shit talker at the best of times. This so called "officer" decided that he would drunkenly abuse the crap out of me via PM, even though I had warned him that I wasn't in the mood for his crap. He got a 1 day ban (obviously not his first offence lul) and I got a a couple of days in "quiet mode" for my troubles (again lolol).

Fast forward to a few days later: After consultation with the actual GM, she suggests that I write a post on the guild forums and apologise to the officer. I tell her straight that this will never happen, as I don't owe him squat, as I didn't report him and I didn't know who, at that time, did.

I eventually caved and posted on the forums a full account of what had happened. Made it public and all that. The next day I did find out who actually reported the officer in the guild. Turns out it was someone I know on the server who holds a considerable dislike for the officer in question. The screenshot of the conversation was then forwarded to the officer and the GM.

A few days after that, I spoke with the officer again. He said that "no matter how bad you try and make me feel, I kicked you from the guild for a damn good reason and you'll have to re-apply on the forums if you want to get back in".

Now, I take this back up with the GM yet again and she tells me that inviting me back is not her decision. It belongs to the "co-GM". I strongly contest this, as I feel that it is a complete load of shit. I had done nothing what so ever to deserve getting kicked and I had vindicated myself to both the officer and the GM. I explained to her that if the situation was reversed and I had done what this officer did, I would have invited him back to the guild as soon as I had found out that a mistake had been made. Now, of course, the fellow I'm talking about here is the most stubborn, irrational and condescending prick I have ever had the displeasure of encountering in the entire time that I have played WoW. Not only that, he is also a very thinly veiled bully. Hell, one of the ladies in my guild said to me that if he had trash talked her or her partner in general chat, she would have reported him as well.

I seriously can't fathom why he doesn't have the balls to admit that he screwed up, apologise and make things right. You know, be a man and all that.

I really like my guild. I have quite a few friends in there and do enjoy playing with them a great deal. Not only that, I was 2 weeks off Exalted and really don't want to spend another three months raising rep with another guild to get back to where I was.

TL;DR version: Someone reports an officer in my guild for spamming shit about me in general chat. Officer thinks it was me. I get kicked. A week later the truth comes out and I'm vindicated. GM and officer won't invite me back because it is the "officer's decision", even though he fucked up and won't be a man and admit his mistake.

Did I get the short end of the stick here? Should the GM override the officers decision, tell him to suck it up and reinvite me? I feel as though I've been bent over a barrel and sodomised. Thoughts, feelings, comments?
__________________
Self Proclaimed King of the Kiddie Corral.

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k

- Proud to be an :18k: -
Old 04-19-2011, 08:30 AM spoon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1564  

Mooninites
 
Mooninites's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KangarooMolester View Post
So, the great majority of officers in my guild are complete dicks. About a week or so ago, I was doing Kara on my Shaman and I suddenly got kicked from my guild. I found out soon after that one of the officers/co-GMs was posing shit about me in BWD general chat. As it turns out, he was reported for it, resulting in a warning. So, this idiot instantly assumes it was me who reported him, despite the fact that I almost never have general or trade chat turned on, in an attempt to preserve the fragile shreds of my sanity. Or even give a crap about what was posted, given I have heard it a million times in the past, for that matter. He then kicks me, has a hissy fit and logs off.

I can see, to some extent, why he thought it was me who reported him as in the last 6 years, I have reported two people that were guildies. One was back in 2006 some time for calling me a pedo, amongst other things via PM and the other was a newly appointed "officer" (not the guy I'm talking about for this current issue) who is not only an utter moron, but a complete shit talker at the best of times. This so called "officer" decided that he would drunkenly abuse the crap out of me via PM, even though I had warned him that I wasn't in the mood for his crap. He got a 1 day ban (obviously not his first offence lul) and I got a a couple of days in "quiet mode" for my troubles (again lolol).

Fast forward to a few days later: After consultation with the actual GM, she suggests that I write a post on the guild forums and apologise to the officer. I tell her straight that this will never happen, as I don't owe him squat, as I didn't report him and I didn't know who, at that time, did.

I eventually caved and posted on the forums a full account of what had happened. Made it public and all that. The next day I did find out who actually reported the officer in the guild. Turns out it was someone I know on the server who holds a considerable dislike for the officer in question. The screenshot of the conversation was then forwarded to the officer and the GM.

A few days after that, I spoke with the officer again. He said that "no matter how bad you try and make me feel, I kicked you from the guild for a damn good reason and you'll have to re-apply on the forums if you want to get back in".

Now, I take this back up with the GM yet again and she tells me that inviting me back is not her decision. It belongs to the "co-GM". I strongly contest this, as I feel that it is a complete load of shit. I had done nothing what so ever to deserve getting kicked and I had vindicated myself to both the officer and the GM. I explained to her that if the situation was reversed and I had done what this officer did, I would have invited him back to the guild as soon as I had found out that a mistake had been made. Now, of course, the fellow I'm talking about here is the most stubborn, irrational and condescending prick I have ever had the displeasure of encountering in the entire time that I have played WoW. Not only that, he is also a very thinly veiled bully. Hell, one of the ladies in my guild said to me that if he had trash talked her or her partner in general chat, she would have reported him as well.

I seriously can't fathom why he doesn't have the balls to admit that he screwed up, apologise and make things right. You know, be a man and all that.

I really like my guild. I have quite a few friends in there and do enjoy playing with them a great deal. Not only that, I was 2 weeks off Exalted and really don't want to spend another three months raising rep with another guild to get back to where I was.

TL;DR version: Someone reports an officer in my guild for spamming shit about me in general chat. Officer thinks it was me. I get kicked. A week later the truth comes out and I'm vindicated. GM and officer won't invite me back because it is the "officer's decision", even though he fucked up and won't be a man and admit his mistake.

Did I get the short end of the stick here? Should the GM override the officers decision, tell him to suck it up and reinvite me? I feel as though I've been bent over a barrel and sodomised. Thoughts, feelings, comments?

Fuck them. They don't deserve you. Convince your friends to gquit and go to a different, less retard-filled guild.
__________________
Mooninites unite!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:51 AM Mooninites is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1565  

Woe
 
Woe's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooninites View Post
Fuck them. They don't deserve you. Convince your friends to gquit and go to a different, less retard-filled guild.

Got that shit right...that's ignorant as hell what happened.
__________________
[J]eep Club: Shmoblar, Striker169, Trekman8, Crazymike, Whitefrog, PiMpY, Woe
3fecac12e47a4763ed75df76d13aa5a8 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:08 AM Woe is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1566  

Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
Depends on what you want the guildrep for, but i'd get reinvited either through the right way or through grovelling (unless your guildrep gets reset on kick), get exalted and take my friends and bail.
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 04-19-2011, 10:39 AM Bukkakeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1567  

d4rkspike
<3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
Depends on what you want the guildrep for, but i'd get reinvited either through the right way or through grovelling (unless your guildrep gets reset on kick), get exalted and take my friends and bail.

it only resets if you've joined another guild
Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 AM d4rkspike is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1568  

iamscottbowdown
 
Bahhh! So pissed recently.
I play after working night shifts so 10pm on and finally found a semi-static group to join. I'm better gear and more progressed than all but 1 of the group but w/e, I decide to help em out.

Then I realize the raid leader is terrible.. horrible terrible. Elemental/resto shammy in 355ish gear pulling 8-9k dps or 6-8k heals/s So if she heals people die.. if she dpses I'm basically carrying her. She also dies at any and every mechanic.

The worst part of it all is she is a horrible raid leader and cant explain shit. So I just take it upon myself to start raid leading.. calling stuff out, giving people simplified strats...giving out tips/tricks to help people along the way. Doing so I've brought them from a bearly 2/12 group to 7/12 with lots of near kills of Atramedes. How am I replayed? Ive gotten no gear from this group because I only need Nef/Cho group, and I could get more VP from pugs I bet. Instead I lead them to victories and the raid leader bitches to me about trying to take over. She doesn't like my explanations, even though everyone else thanks me in whispers for them, probably because she dies at anything shes not supposed to stand in.
So, fuck her. I'm done with her rude interruptions, 20 min fight explanations that dont work, and basically telling me to shut up every time I get them a win.

Sorry, had to vent. I need to find a good late night group someday >_<
__________________
34395c245a61f6801586136e1911e4c5 [pornmay.com]
Old 04-19-2011, 12:49 PM iamscottbowdown is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1569  

Condoner
 
Condoner's Avatar
 
That's pretty bad, my elemental shaman in greens does 10k dps hit capped.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:22 PM Condoner is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1570  

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material
 
spoon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
Depends on what you want the guildrep for, but i'd get reinvited either through the right way or through grovelling (unless your guildrep gets reset on kick), get exalted and take my friends and bail.

At this point in time, I'm hassling the shit out of the guild master. It's her fucking job to regulate what the co-gm's do, especially when it is a massive fuckup like this.

I think I might just finish off getting exalted, get my lion mount, take my friends and fuck off to a better guild. The officer in question is a complete cocksucker. Mediocre player, thinks he's king shit when he's really a scared little bully.
__________________
Self Proclaimed King of the Kiddie Corral.

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k

- Proud to be an :18k: -
Old 04-19-2011, 02:36 PM spoon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1571  

Cuntzilla
[M] Kittah
I love Jesus <3
 
Cuntzilla's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KangarooMolester View Post
So, the great majority of officers in my guild are complete dicks. About a week or so ago, I was doing Kara on my Shaman and I suddenly got kicked from my guild. I found out soon after that one of the officers/co-GMs was posing shit about me in BWD general chat. As it turns out, he was reported for it, resulting in a warning. So, this idiot instantly assumes it was me who reported him, despite the fact that I almost never have general or trade chat turned on, in an attempt to preserve the fragile shreds of my sanity. Or even give a crap about what was posted, given I have heard it a million times in the past, for that matter. He then kicks me, has a hissy fit and logs off.

I can see, to some extent, why he thought it was me who reported him as in the last 6 years, I have reported two people that were guildies. One was back in 2006 some time for calling me a pedo, amongst other things via PM and the other was a newly appointed "officer" (not the guy I'm talking about for this current issue) who is not only an utter moron, but a complete shit talker at the best of times. This so called "officer" decided that he would drunkenly abuse the crap out of me via PM, even though I had warned him that I wasn't in the mood for his crap. He got a 1 day ban (obviously not his first offence lul) and I got a a couple of days in "quiet mode" for my troubles (again lolol).

Fast forward to a few days later: After consultation with the actual GM, she suggests that I write a post on the guild forums and apologise to the officer. I tell her straight that this will never happen, as I don't owe him squat, as I didn't report him and I didn't know who, at that time, did.

I eventually caved and posted on the forums a full account of what had happened. Made it public and all that. The next day I did find out who actually reported the officer in the guild. Turns out it was someone I know on the server who holds a considerable dislike for the officer in question. The screenshot of the conversation was then forwarded to the officer and the GM.

A few days after that, I spoke with the officer again. He said that "no matter how bad you try and make me feel, I kicked you from the guild for a damn good reason and you'll have to re-apply on the forums if you want to get back in".

Now, I take this back up with the GM yet again and she tells me that inviting me back is not her decision. It belongs to the "co-GM". I strongly contest this, as I feel that it is a complete load of shit. I had done nothing what so ever to deserve getting kicked and I had vindicated myself to both the officer and the GM. I explained to her that if the situation was reversed and I had done what this officer did, I would have invited him back to the guild as soon as I had found out that a mistake had been made. Now, of course, the fellow I'm talking about here is the most stubborn, irrational and condescending prick I have ever had the displeasure of encountering in the entire time that I have played WoW. Not only that, he is also a very thinly veiled bully. Hell, one of the ladies in my guild said to me that if he had trash talked her or her partner in general chat, she would have reported him as well.

I seriously can't fathom why he doesn't have the balls to admit that he screwed up, apologise and make things right. You know, be a man and all that.

I really like my guild. I have quite a few friends in there and do enjoy playing with them a great deal. Not only that, I was 2 weeks off Exalted and really don't want to spend another three months raising rep with another guild to get back to where I was.

TL;DR version: Someone reports an officer in my guild for spamming shit about me in general chat. Officer thinks it was me. I get kicked. A week later the truth comes out and I'm vindicated. GM and officer won't invite me back because it is the "officer's decision", even though he fucked up and won't be a man and admit his mistake.

Did I get the short end of the stick here? Should the GM override the officers decision, tell him to suck it up and reinvite me? I feel as though I've been bent over a barrel and sodomised. Thoughts, feelings, comments?


Dude, it's a woman GM. You really think she has any common sense?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:41 PM Cuntzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1572  

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
 
Reverend Sin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
but you lack a 359 ilvl video card

__________________
Proud [M]ember of the Seattle Krew
Член российской [М]афии
Ирландец Кикбоксер
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"
Old 04-19-2011, 11:07 PM Reverend Sin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1573  

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
 
Reverend Sin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
Depends on what you want the guildrep for, but i'd get reinvited either through the right way or through grovelling (unless your guildrep gets reset on kick), get exalted and take my friends and bail.

This. It's what I did (albeit GLVL 20 and not a rep req). The guild was taking 45 minutes PER ATTEMPT on farm bosses (clearly not as farm status as they thought) and they didn't take kindly to anyone pointing out what they were doing wrong and how to correct it and achieve a clean kill. I waited, got the BoA's and bounced to a better guild.
__________________
Proud [M]ember of the Seattle Krew
Член российской [М]афии
Ирландец Кикбоксер
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"
Old 04-19-2011, 11:09 PM Reverend Sin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1574  

Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamscottbowdown View Post
Bahhh! So pissed recently.
I play after working night shifts so 10pm on and finally found a semi-static group to join. I'm better gear and more progressed than all but 1 of the group but w/e, I decide to help em out.

Then I realize the raid leader is terrible.. horrible terrible. Elemental/resto shammy in 355ish gear pulling 8-9k dps or 6-8k heals/s So if she heals people die.. if she dpses I'm basically carrying her. She also dies at any and every mechanic.

The worst part of it all is she is a horrible raid leader and cant explain shit. So I just take it upon myself to start raid leading.. calling stuff out, giving people simplified strats...giving out tips/tricks to help people along the way. Doing so I've brought them from a bearly 2/12 group to 7/12 with lots of near kills of Atramedes. How am I replayed? Ive gotten no gear from this group because I only need Nef/Cho group, and I could get more VP from pugs I bet. Instead I lead them to victories and the raid leader bitches to me about trying to take over. She doesn't like my explanations, even though everyone else thanks me in whispers for them, probably because she dies at anything shes not supposed to stand in.
So, fuck her. I'm done with her rude interruptions, 20 min fight explanations that dont work, and basically telling me to shut up every time I get them a win.

Sorry, had to vent. I need to find a good late night group someday >_<


so kick the leader and take it over?

or just find a better one.
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 04-20-2011, 02:09 AM Bukkakeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1575  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.