General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SilkSteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew
Especially considering that hemp is such a valuable, efficient textile resource.

Also one of the reasons it is indeed illegal. Ban marijuana and its much easier to also ban the cultivation of its non-active male version, hemp. A direct threat to the cotton/textile industry. Goddamn lobbyists.

Did some further research and found this nice tidbit of info:

Quote:
America was once a hemp-producing country. It was farmed by George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. The paper upon which the Declaration of Independence was drafted and the rags Betsy Ross used to sew the first flag were made of hemp.
America was literally born out of hemp.

http://www.marijuana.com/420/archive...p/t-32988.html

Last edited by SilkSteel; 02-23-2006 at 01:59 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

nofuturenochange
Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > yuo, Augie > y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baz
Or what about going on a shooting spree because the guy was so drugged up he thought he was dreaming/having a nightmare/in a video game.
i swear, you fucking people who don't know anything about drugs need to shut the fuck up about them. people who are on drugs (99% of the time) are aware that they're on drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baz
Or what happens when lawyers come back and say "he was under the influence of an inhibitor that kept him from making rational decisions. Therefore, it is not my client's fault, but the fault of the drug manufacturer for not making it aware to the public" and now the crook goes free.
if you knew anything at all about the law, you'd know that that doesnt come into play at all in any court. if you're drunk out of your mind and you rape or kill somebody, you would never EVER get off because you were drunk and didnt realize what you were doing. if you use a controlled substance, you are responsible for your actions (legally) no matter how fucked up you are.

all you anti drug s need to stop listening to all this government propaganda and look at facts and studies that have been conducted and published countless times over the years.

cartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Charles
The majority must have justified it to themselves somehow or else they wouldn't care about it. But that comes down to a difference of opinion again, as you said.

Historically, most drug laws were put into place in order to curb the flow of immigrants, and to round up the immigrants already in the country at the time...

For example: Opium was declared an illegal controlled substance not too long after BC and Alberta joined the Canadian confederation.... Why? Because many of the Chinese migrant workers took to smoking Opium, both during and after construction. Using this law, many migrant workers were rounded up and imprisoned or deported.

In 1930s America, black influence was beginning to spread like wildfire. Blues musicians and Soul music were catching on, and it was threatening the long held views that white people were superior to black people, even if they had rights. One thing they had in common was marijuana, many black people smoked it, and even it was catching on with the lower class white people. It was illegalized and black people were rounded up and imprisoned, along with the few whites who were caught along with them...

It shocks me to this day, that Governments have still not clued in... Harsher punishments will not work, more funding will not work. People want to get high, it's a Billion dollar black market fought with Million dollar law enforcemen. They're not going to stop it, that status quo isn't working... So instead of flushing money down the toilet, legalize the shit. For some reason every politician is afraid to do it, for fear of backlash...

My re-election speech after legalization would go a little like this:

" In my previous tenure: I legalized marijuana, I know many of you don't agree with this. In time, you will see the methodology behind my thinking. Compared to four years ago, we now have a lower crime rate, our jails are not nearly as crowded as they once were, we have a budget surplus, and have redirected some of the funds previously used to incarcerate marijuana criminals into the education system, so future generations don't feel like the drug is their only option.......'

You get the idea. The immediate backlash would be extreme, but, what politician in the world wouldn't want a track record like that to run for re-election on. Lower crime, bigger surplus, funds to education... All this and more is possible if we get our heads out of our collective asses.

Ray Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartz

Interesting ideas, but I don't see how any of them affect what I was saying.

Impulse Rxn

i see no reason that people shouldn't be able to smoke in their own house if they want to. go right ahead

but i swear if i start going to 7-11's and i have to deal with toked up dumbass hippy teens, i'm going to start pistol whipping them. if marijuana is legalized, it should be illegal to be baked in public just like public intoxication is illegal.

otherwise, go house. just don't start being obnoxious in public

SilkSteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse Rxn
i see no reason that people shouldn't be able to smoke in their own house if they want to. go right ahead

but i swear if i start going to 7-11's and i have to deal with toked up dumbass hippy teens, i'm going to start pistol whipping them. if marijuana is legalized, it should be illegal to be baked in public just like public intoxication is illegal.

otherwise, go house. just don't start being obnoxious in public

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be like alcohol. Hell, even make the age limit 21 like they did in Denver.

Impulse Rxn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkSteel
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be like alcohol. Hell, even make the age limit 21 like they did in Denver.

yeah, i was just making a point. i don't care if people smoke in their house just like i don't care if people drink in their own house.

what limit is 21 in denver? 21 for boozing is nationwide

SilkSteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse Rxn
yeah, i was just making a point. i don't care if people smoke in their house just like i don't care if people drink in their own house.

what limit is 21 in denver? 21 for boozing is nationwide

For smoking pot.

They legalized it.

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkSteel
For smoking pot.

They legalized it.
yeah, although even though the police department said they would go with the will of the people on it, they are still arresting people for it on the state level . it would be one thing if they said "it will still be illegal due to the state law," but saying they will go with the people and then not doing so is fucked up.

SilkSteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by totensiebush
yeah, although even though the police department said they would go with the will of the people on it, they are still arresting people for it on the state level . it would be one thing if they said "it will still be illegal due to the state law," but saying they will go with the people and then not doing so is fucked up.

If people followed it the way its supposed to be followed, I don't think there would be any problem. I believe only 21+ y/o people are allowed to smoke, and only in the privacy of their own homes. If its not covered under state law, then it would be wise to keep it to those limits and not try to test them. Regardless, I believe they are also trying to pass legalization at the state level as well in Colorado. We'll see how that goes. Its already legal in the fine state of Alaska.

DirtyJerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nD[ - Slayer
Firstly, it's in the good interest of our administration, economically.

http://www.cannabisnews.com/news/thread20904.shtml

Thanks to g for the quote.

This was also taken from - http://www.mjlegal.org/

Moar? http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

Worried about cancer risks? - http://www.mapinc.org/norml/v05/n1106/a09.htm

How about the father of the Drug War, Harry Anslinger, what did he have to say?

The whole reason the drug is illeagal is because of this son of a bitch, he made his career out of manipulating an almost harmless herb into something that would suposedly make you kill your brother. Our modern drug policy needs to be seriously evaulated, as somehow we're still clinging to ghost stories about addiction, abuse, and cancer.

They use this quote in "reefer madness:the movie musical" based on the 1930's propaganda movie.....rad

brouski

So have we decided anything yet?

WHO CAN WITHSTAND HIS COCK FUCKING??

Founding member of the Weird Al Fan Club

v3r71g0
pwned

Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes crimes out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.

-Abraham Lincoln

Captain

Alright, I'm trying to lean for legalizing of drugs, and have already found about 10 useful sources on the first page of this thread. Im researching the Liberal ideas on beating down crime in America. (legalizing drugs, job training in prison, teen courts, drug rehab)

I found http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/...ime/index.html, which points out that most violent crimes are commited to support a drug-using lifestyle.

Would legalizing drugs lower the crime rate? Would lessening the punishment on drug-related crimes be beneficial? Should we focus more on drug rehab and shortening sentences for non-violent drug convictions?
STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #55

"If getting a raging hard-on for this is wrong, I don't want to be right."

Captain

I think those douches who proclaim marijuana should be legal for medical uses are idiots.

It's like giving your patient moldy cheese for the penicillium.
STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #55

"If getting a raging hard-on for this is wrong, I don't want to be right."