General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristchan
I think those douches who proclaim marijuana should be legal for medical uses are idiots.

It's like giving your patient moldy cheese for the penicillium.
This is quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever read.

Care to explain a little?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Ray Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagina
This is quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever read.

Care to explain a little?

I think he's saying that the active ingredient in Marijuana should be processed into a drug, rather than legalizing smoking marijuana for medicinal uses.

Although if this is possible, It makes me wonder why it isn't already being done.

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Charles
I think he's saying that the active ingredient in Marijuana should be processed into a drug, rather than legalizing smoking marijuana for medicinal uses.

Although if this is possible, It makes me wonder why it isn't already being done.
It has done, IIRC it is called Marinol. However, THC is not the only active ingredient in Marijuana, and people want the effects of the other cannabinoids too.

Junkie Mod
totensiebush

Quote:
Alright, I'm trying to lean for legalizing of drugs, and have already found about 10 useful sources on the first page of this thread. Im researching the Liberal ideas on beating down crime in America. (legalizing drugs, job training in prison, teen courts, drug rehab)

I found http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/...ime/index.html, which points out that most violent crimes are commited to support a drug-using lifestyle.

Would legalizing drugs lower the crime rate? Would lessening the punishment on drug-related crimes be beneficial? Should we focus more on drug rehab and shortening sentences for non-violent drug convictions?
The cost of producing most drugs (including Marijuana) is very low. If it was legalized, the cost would go down dramatically, and it would be much easier to support yourself while still using drugs.

Ray Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by totensiebush
It has done, IIRC it is called Marinol. However, THC is not the only active ingredient in Marijuana, and people want the effects of the other cannabinoids too.
I was under the impression that they had only developed a synthetic form of THC, but that may have been an extract.

Anyway, with regards to the medical legalization question, do these other cannabinoids serve some useful medical purpose (like THC is a painkiller) or are they the ones that get you high?

Junkie Mod
totensiebush

Quote:
I was under the impression that they had only developed a synthetic form of THC, but that may have been an extract.

Anyway, with regards to the medical legalization question, do these other cannabinoids serve some useful medical purpose (like THC is a painkiller) or are they the ones that get you high?
It could be that Marinol is synthetic, I don't know. However, is modern day penicillin synthetic? It wouldn't surprise me at all.

IIRC some of the other cannabinoids help a lot with nausea, although I could be wrong

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Hmmm

If I posted this already shoot me(preferably with a .22 short in the ass)

I just had jurry duty. The pool I was assigned to was for a drug case. Told the judge the constitution did not give him the right to even try the case.

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner Mod
The cost of producing most drugs (including Marijuana) is very low. If it was legalized, the cost would go down dramatically, and it would be much easier to support yourself while still using drugs.

THANK YOU

edit: I found an interesting read..

"Opium laws allowed police to go after the Chinese; Peyote laws allowed the police to go after American Indians; And Marijuana laws targeted Blacks and Hispanics. The primary reason alcohol Prohibition was such a dismal failure was because it targeted average Americans."

STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #55

"If getting a raging hard-on for this is wrong, I don't want to be right."

Last edited by kristchan; 05-01-2006 at 03:28 PM..

Ballz2TheWallz
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin
A lot of that stuff happens in downtown Baltimore, but it's not black on white crime, it's just black on black.

Then again Baltimore is the heroin capital of the world, and it's usually the top murder city in the US.
Hey Hey Hey, i live in baltimore, i dont see much heroin anymore

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:

Marinol is synthetic and the government is pushing it as a replacement for those who currently use medical marjuana. However many patients complain that marinol makes them sick, is ineffective, or doesent improve their appetite.

Captain

Myth: Legalization of marijuana in other countries has been a success.

Reality: Liberalization of drug laws in other countries has often resulted in higher use of dangerous drugs. Over the past decade, drug policy in some foreign countries, particularly those in Europe, has gone through some dramatic changes toward greater liberalization with failed results. Consider the experience of the Netherlands, where the government reconsidered its legalization measures in light of that country's experience. After marijuana use became legal, consumption nearly tripled among 18- to 20-year-olds. As awareness of the harm of marijuana grew, the number of cannabis coffeehouses in the Netherlands decreased 36 percent in six years. Almost all Dutch towns have a cannabis policy, and 73 percent of them have a no-tolerance policy toward the coffeehouses.

In 1987 Swiss officials permitted drug use and sales in a Zurich park, which was soon dubbed Needle Park, and Switzerland became a magnet for drug users the world over. Within five years, the number of regular drug users at the park had reportedly swelled from a few hundred to 20,000. The area around the park became crime-ridden to the point that the park had to be shut down and the experiment terminated.

Marijuana use by Canadian teenagers is at a 25-year peak in the wake of an aggressive decriminalization movement. At the very time a decriminalization bill was before the House of Commons, the Canadian government released a report showing that marijuana smoking among teens is "at levels that we haven't seen since the late '70s when rates reached their peak." After a large decline in the 1980s, marijuana use among teens increased during the 1990s, as young people apparently became "confused about the state of federal pot laws."

/thread?
STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #55

Ray Charles

Interesting, where's that come from?

Captain

Quote:
Interesting, where's that come from?

http://www.dea.gov/pubs/pressrel/pr042605.html

Junkie Mod
totensiebush

Quote:
I'd like to see a real source, the DEA isn't exactly a good one.

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner Mod
I'd like to see a real source, the DEA isn't exactly a good one.

blog or DEA