General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Sobriquet
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Sharon View Post
weed should be legal.
booze vs weed...
no one ever trips balls over weed
ppl don't really kill each other over weed deals
weed is nice

There would be no need for bad weed deals if weed was legal. They'd probably sell it in 7/11s and shit. You'd go in and buy a baggy like you would a pack of cigarettes or a 6pack.
__________________
Berticus lololol
My brother says I'm a 42k fag.

IS THIS YOUR WIFE?!
...
IS YOUR WIFE A FUCKING PEPPER?!

25b7be034c9e5e2134a574ab0066624d
Old 11-18-2006, 01:43 PM Sobriquet is offline  
Reply With Quote
#481  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Sobriquet
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri View Post
One beer does not make you so blitzed that you roll down the street crying because your legs ran away.

I take it you've never smoked pot before? Pot doesn't make you see dinosaurs running around or make you think your head fell off and rolled into the sewer. Its a little bit like being drunk, depending on the kind you smoke. If you see anything after smoking pot, it was laced. If weed was legalized, then it obviously wouldn't be laced. There would be factories pumping out joints and such, just like there are factories pumping out cigarettes and alcohol. For some reason, people don't get that if weed was legalized it would debunk some arguements of the anti-pot side. There would be no need for shady deals where someone could get hurt, no laced pot, and quite frankly the use of it by younger kids would drop. A large ammount, if not most, of kids start smoking pot for the same reasons they start smoking cigarettes or drinking. They're not supposed to be doing it, so it makes them rebellious and cool for breaking the rules. In many places in Europe there is a low, if any, drinking age. Kids don't run around getting wasted because its not illegal for them to drink. During the prohibition on alcohol back in the day, they started forming speak-easies and the percentage of people drinking alcohol went soaring. Why? Because it was against the law, and doing it was being naughty.
__________________
Berticus lololol
My brother says I'm a 42k fag.

IS THIS YOUR WIFE?!
...
IS YOUR WIFE A FUCKING PEPPER?!

25b7be034c9e5e2134a574ab0066624d
Old 11-18-2006, 01:55 PM Sobriquet is offline  
Reply With Quote
#482  

Sobriquet
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw Man View Post
Hm, first, I'd like to say I'm not really against legalizing. I don't smoke though. The matter is irrelevant to me.

However, everyone that argues "lol medical usage" and "lol clothes" can well ...go fuck themselves. Medical usage, or textiles, does not have anything to do with recreational use which is what most people want out of the stuff. I would assume that is what most people want that are for legalization in this thread, and that I don't mind.

That is all, have a nice day 420 smoke weed everyday

I do agree with you on one thing. A lot of people use the medical usage reason to try and get a leg-up and get it legalized, and aren't serious about it. They use that as a stepping stone to getting it to the point where its sold in conveinance stores. However, the medical usages are very important, and you'd be a fool to deny people pot that need it on the base that its looked down upon. I have a DVD about the history of hemp, along with other things, and on it, it has an interview with a guy in his 30s. He's had cancer something like 12 times, and when he was younger, multiple vertebrae fused together in his spine. He said up until he was in his late teens or so, he tried various medicines to try to ease the pain, and they all either didn't work or had terrible side effects. When he was older, he tried pot, and he says it completely took the pain away, and gave him an apetite and let him keep his food down (which isn't easy, do to all the kemotherapy). If weed can help someone's life that much, I don't see why it should be denied to them. This is a totally different arguement than "weed should be legal to everyone", but they're both important. This is about easing people's pain and improving their lives.

The clothes arguement should be treated differently, too. Hemp IS incredibly useful. Look it up online, it can be used to make a tremendous number of things, ranging from paper to shampoo. Its by far the cheapest way to make these goods, but thats overlooked simply because weed is illegal.

I agree that its stupid to argue all three points (medical usage, production, and ending the prohibition) together, and they should be treated individually. There are a large number of potheads that just want to use this to get weed legalized, which is wrong. But that doesn't make the arguements invalid.

As for anyone in this thread that is either pro or con legalization and has never smoked, you might as well just leave. You have no idea what you are talking about, as I've seen from some of the ridiculous posts so far about how you'll get high and kill people or jump out of a window, or think your body fell apart and try to kill yourself. That is all 20's era propaganda, and I don't blame you for buying into it, because you don't know better. That is just pure ignorance on your behalf.
__________________
Berticus lololol
My brother says I'm a 42k fag.

IS THIS YOUR WIFE?!
...
IS YOUR WIFE A FUCKING PEPPER?!

25b7be034c9e5e2134a574ab0066624d
Old 11-18-2006, 02:12 PM Sobriquet is offline  
Reply With Quote
#483  

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek
 
Junkie Mod's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobriquet View Post
I take it you've never smoked pot before? Pot doesn't make you see dinosaurs running around or make you think your head fell off and rolled into the sewer. Its a little bit like being drunk, depending on the kind you smoke. If you see anything after smoking pot, it was laced. If weed was legalized, then it obviously wouldn't be laced. There would be factories pumping out joints and such, just like there are factories pumping out cigarettes and alcohol. For some reason, people don't get that if weed was legalized it would debunk some arguements of the anti-pot side. There would be no need for shady deals where someone could get hurt, no laced pot, and quite frankly the use of it by younger kids would drop. A large ammount, if not most, of kids start smoking pot for the same reasons they start smoking cigarettes or drinking. They're not supposed to be doing it, so it makes them rebellious and cool for breaking the rules. In many places in Europe there is a low, if any, drinking age. Kids don't run around getting wasted because its not illegal for them to drink. During the prohibition on alcohol back in the day, they started forming speak-easies and the percentage of people drinking alcohol went soaring. Why? Because it was against the law, and doing it was being naughty.
its entirely possible to get open eyed visuals off of decent quantities of good weed if you don't have a tolerance - in fact, I can pretty much count on it. the stuff doesn't need to be laced.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:35 PM Junkie Mod is offline  
Reply With Quote
#484  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie Mod View Post
its entirely possible to get open eyed visuals off of decent quantities of good weed if you don't have a tolerance - in fact, I can pretty much count on it. the stuff doesn't need to be laced.

damn those alpha rhythms
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 11-18-2006, 11:30 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#485  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma View Post
how is that poor reasoning? do you deny that the criminality of drugs has effects other than people simply not being able to get high legally?

Sigh. No. You know what, we can stop all crime from happening by decriminalizing the whole damn book. There, no crime!

Now I perhaps even support legalization, on the premise that you should be allowed to get fucking high like a kite. Yes, thats right.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 11-19-2006, 07:39 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#486  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobriquet View Post
I do agree with you on one thing. A lot of people use the medical usage reason to try and get a leg-up and get it legalized, and aren't serious about it. They use that as a stepping stone to getting it to the point where its sold in conveinance stores. However, the medical usages are very important, and you'd be a fool to deny people pot that need it on the base that its looked down upon. I have a DVD about the history of hemp, along with other things, and on it, it has an interview with a guy in his 30s. He's had cancer something like 12 times, and when he was younger, multiple vertebrae fused together in his spine. He said up until he was in his late teens or so, he tried various medicines to try to ease the pain, and they all either didn't work or had terrible side effects. When he was older, he tried pot, and he says it completely took the pain away, and gave him an apetite and let him keep his food down (which isn't easy, do to all the kemotherapy). If weed can help someone's life that much, I don't see why it should be denied to them. This is a totally different arguement than "weed should be legal to everyone", but they're both important. This is about easing people's pain and improving their lives.

The clothes arguement should be treated differently, too. Hemp IS incredibly useful. Look it up online, it can be used to make a tremendous number of things, ranging from paper to shampoo. Its by far the cheapest way to make these goods, but thats overlooked simply because weed is illegal.

I agree that its stupid to argue all three points (medical usage, production, and ending the prohibition) together, and they should be treated individually. There are a large number of potheads that just want to use this to get weed legalized, which is wrong. But that doesn't make the arguements invalid.

As for anyone in this thread that is either pro or con legalization and has never smoked, you might as well just leave. You have no idea what you are talking about, as I've seen from some of the ridiculous posts so far about how you'll get high and kill people or jump out of a window, or think your body fell apart and try to kill yourself. That is all 20's era propaganda, and I don't blame you for buying into it, because you don't know better. That is just pure ignorance on your behalf.
I didn't say the arguments are invalid, what I did say is that recreational usage has nothing to do with the above things.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 11-19-2006, 07:42 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#487  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw Man View Post
Sigh. No. You know what, we can stop all crime from happening by decriminalizing the whole damn book. There, no crime!

Now I perhaps even support legalization, on the premise that you should be allowed to get fucking high like a kite. Yes, thats right.


have you gone fully delusional? because you just compared rape and murder to smoking weed


and for the benefit of the thread, heres a penn and teller show about mairjuana http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...52489&hl=en-CA
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR

Last edited by turd sculptor; 11-27-2006 at 05:13 PM..
Old 11-27-2006, 05:11 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#488  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turd sculptor View Post
have you gone fully delusional? because you just compared rape and murder to smoking weed


and for the benefit of the thread, heres a penn and teller show about mairjuana http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...52489&hl=en-CA

I did not, shut the fuck up. What I did say though, is that saying "legalizing this and that leads to less crime" is stupid as an argument without anything else. First of all, it's redundant, for starters.
Perhaps you should stick to making shitty gimmick threads.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 11-29-2006, 09:53 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#489  

CRasch
A Righteous Infliction of Retribution
 
CRasch's Avatar
 
Why then is its government's business to decide what I do with or put in my body and mind during my personal and recreational time when it dose not imposes anyone else civil rights? If we are truly a free country, we should have the right to decide what we want to do with and/or put in our body. Why do you think we have laws protecting patients on medical procedures.
__________________
http://www.crasch.net/
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"

Last edited by CRasch; 12-01-2006 at 01:39 AM..
Old 12-01-2006, 01:37 AM CRasch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#490  

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek
 
Junkie Mod's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw Man View Post
I did not, shut the fuck up. What I did say though, is that saying "legalizing this and that leads to less crime" is stupid as an argument without anything else. First of all, it's redundant, for starters.
Perhaps you should stick to making shitty gimmick threads.
legalizing marijuana would lead to fewer crimes related to the distribution and use of marijuana, even if you don't look at possession/distribution/etc charges.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:02 AM Junkie Mod is offline  
Reply With Quote
#491  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie Mod View Post
legalizing marijuana would lead to fewer crimes related to the distribution and use of marijuana, even if you don't look at possession/distribution/etc charges.

I know that. What I am saying is, that doesn't matter very much. Decriminalizing well ,,,just about anything, would lead to "fewer crimes". That by itself is poor reasoning.

edit// I still should add that I wouldn't mind marijuana being decriminalized just incase that the pot nazis don't come in telling me I hate freedom.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay

Last edited by Straw Man; 12-02-2006 at 04:21 AM..
Old 12-02-2006, 04:17 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#492  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw Man View Post
I know that. What I am saying is, that doesn't matter very much. Decriminalizing well ,,,just about anything, would lead to "fewer crimes". That by itself is poor reasoning.

edit// I still should add that I wouldn't mind marijuana being decriminalized just incase that the pot nazis don't come in telling me I hate freedom.

If you legalized rape and murder, of course rape and murder rates would drop, because they wouldn't be recorded as crimes, so legalizing something for the sake of lower crimes rates is stupid. That is the type of rational your using.

But your missing the point that rape and murder are things the law should try to stop, so using that arguement in the context of rape and murder is justifiable. However, marijuana use and possession is not something the law should try to stop. I think this should go without arguing, rape and murder are entirely worse than marijuana use and possession. So using that arguement in the context of marijuana use and possession is not right because you put it on the same level as rape and murder. What you should really be saying is 'duh, of course legalizing marijuana use and possession will lower crime rates, but should we really be rasing the crime rates for something that should be legal in the first place?', the same cannot be said for rape and murder.

Also, the other aspect to this is, as mentioned, the black market surrounding marijuana is responsible for the violent crimes related to marijuana. Legalizing gets rid of that black market and thus the violent crimes that stem from it. The same cannot be said for rape and murder, because such crimes do not occur from them being illegal. That is why I think your somewhat delusional for using an argument for marijuana that really only works for crimes that are on par with rape and murder.
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 12-03-2006, 12:49 AM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#493  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turd sculptor View Post
If you legalized rape and murder, of course rape and murder rates would drop, because they wouldn't be recorded as crimes, so legalizing something for the sake of lower crimes rates is stupid. That is the type of rational your using.
He said there would be less crime. Who's using this kind of thinking to promote legalization? Hint: it's you.
Quote:
But your missing the point that rape and murder are things the law should try to stop, so using that arguement in the context of rape and murder is justifiable. However, marijuana use and possession is not something the law should try to stop. I think this should go without arguing, rape and murder are entirely worse than marijuana use and possession. So using that arguement in the context of marijuana use and possession is not right because you put it on the same level as rape and murder. What you should really be saying is 'duh, of course legalizing marijuana use and possession will lower crime rates, but should we really be rasing the crime rates for something that should be legal in the first place?', the same cannot be said for rape and murder.
I have not compared the two
Quote:
Also, the other aspect to this is, as mentioned, the black market surrounding marijuana is responsible for the violent crimes related to marijuana. Legalizing gets rid of that black market and thus the violent crimes that stem from it. The same cannot be said for rape and murder, because such crimes do not occur from them being illegal. That is why I think your somewhat delusional for using an argument for marijuana that really only works for crimes that are on par with rape and murder.
You really are a fucking idiot jesus christ
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 12-03-2006, 02:22 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#494  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw Man View Post
He said there would be less crime. Who's using this kind of thinking to promote legalization? Hint: it's you.
I have not compared the two
You really are a fucking idiot jesus christ


your ability to explain your reasoning is truly mind blowing
__________________
SOMEONE ELSE GAVE ME THIS AVATAR
Old 12-04-2006, 08:13 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#495  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:21 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.