General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix1 View Post
For the record. I returned the rifle. There isn't shit to shoot around here in the summer really. Usually in the fall is when all of the rodents come out. I decided to become a fisherman instead so I'm looking into buying some fishing gear now. I hope I have better luck
Oh snap, son. That's some heavy shit there. Better use Nerf® hooks to avoid traumatizing the fish when they take your bait, lest you bring down the wrath of the certain posters in this thread.

But to be serious, don't give up on hunting. It's a lot of fun. Take a gun safety class. Learn how to handle a gun. Go visit your local shooting range. Learn how to shoot. You can't really learn how to hunt in a class, but you could make some friends that could take you out and show you how it works.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Sarcasmo
This is my Haiku

Bash the fish's skulls in before you throw them back.

g0rg0n
Jim Zorn took my job, that MOTHER FUCKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix1 View Post
For the record. I returned the rifle. There isn't shit to shoot around here in the summer really. Usually in the fall is when all of the rodents come out. I decided to become a fisherman instead so I'm looking into buying some fishing gear now. I hope I have better luck

I hunt deer, elk, and game birds but I am far more avid about fly fishing. I encourage you to try it. feel free to ask me any questions you may have and if I can't answer them directly I can help you find a good answer.

gribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post
Oh snap, son. That's some heavy shit there. Better use Nerf® hooks to avoid traumatizing the fish when they take your bait, lest you bring down the wrath of the certain posters in this thread.

But to be serious, don't give up on hunting. It's a lot of fun. Take a gun safety class. Learn how to handle a gun. Go visit your local shooting range. Learn how to shoot. You can't really learn how to hunt in a class, but you could make some friends that could take you out and show you how it works.

Haha, I crack down on illegal fishing, too. Legal fishing? I got two poles in my truck at all times, unless they are in use. I am all for doing things the right way, but it's not cool to just kill things. Coyotes, varmints, blow 'em away. Deer and other edible game if they are in season and you plan to eat it. I hate people that shoot deer just for the rack or shoot a moose just to say they did.