General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Slingshot

Lets all of you think about kenetic
energy. To shoot an arrow to have the kenetic energy to fly at speeds of 100 foot per second (FPS) or faster. The wideth of the forks have to be at least 13 inches. Any thing less would shorten the bands which would not allow full draw, thus the loss of kenetic enrgy. Narrow forks are for projectiles that are small and do not require the energy to pass through the shaft, like steel balls or marbles. So you do not have to have the poundage like you do for an arrow shaft. Think of the bow, you need full draw, and here as well. The powerbands are like the limbs of the bow, thats where the energy is stored.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post
energy. To shoot an arrow to have the kenetic energy to fly at speeds of 100 foot per second (FPS) or faster. The wideth of the forks have to be at least 13 inches. Any thing less would shorten the bands which would not allow full draw, thus the loss of kenetic enrgy. Narrow forks are for projectiles that are small and do not require the energy to pass through the shaft, like steel balls or marbles. So you do not have to have the poundage like you do for an arrow shaft. Think of the bow, you need full draw, and here as well. The powerbands are like the limbs of the bow, thats where the energy is stored.

Nobody is debating that, we're talking about the fact that you lose energy as it's directed horizontally.
The energy along the arrow is proportional the cosine of the angle of the rubber from the forks.
My inclination is that a shorter band on a narrower fork would yield more energy presuming the same draw length.

Sarcasmo
This is my Haiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post

You said shaft and balls in the same sentence.

Slingshot

Zangmonkey your absolutely right, I misunderstood what yall where saying. One thing about it through, that is a pretty MF in the picture with the slingshot.

Slingshot

jfnirvana292
I had this name since 1796.

Are those what they call Gar?

Slingshot

YES those are longnose gar.

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

Looks cool, my only concern would be......it's kinda too late to throw one back if it's too small, don'tcha think?

Slingshot

Where not keeping any of the trash fish big or small. The gar will eat the dead along with catfish and turtles. So I'm feeding the other wildlife. So I supose you can say we're helping the enviroment. Because these fish kill and eat our game fish which are controlled by the fishing regulations. IF THE FISH AREN'T BITE 'N, FORCE FEED 'EM !! Always visit the website.

Last edited by Slingshot; 09-12-2009 at 06:10 AM..