General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

StarDeath13

New concealed weapon purchase (PICS)

So i sold the Glock,i needed a more concealable weapon and i wasnt gonna sell my 1911.
Ill still be trying to carry the 1911 when the clothing allows.
I got the Taurus PT745 its a .45 6+1 DA/SA
http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...adcrumbseries=
Its pretty darn hard to find a .45 acp compact,that is truley a compact.
I would have been ok with a .40,but i really dislike 9mm.Ive not tested this yet,hopefully tommorow ill get it to the range.I added a Hogue mini grip as i do find hard plastic checkering annoying and almost painfull to shoot.In the last pics you will see the inexpensive Galco IWB holster i picked up to play around with and see what i want and need from here.Ive torn it down and cleaned and inspected then relubed it.Its made well and i found no burrs or shavings.For some reason the pics dont do its small size justice like it does in person,i put my 1911 in for size comparison.
It also comes with the Hiene straight 8 sites like the 1911 came with,i found them really easy and fast to line up accuratly.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DHermit
www.TShirtReview.com

No need for trolling.

Last edited by Gearhead; 07-04-2009 at 10:16 AM..

StarDeath13

Glad you approve,also the Kahr doesnt have a manual saftey and it fit my hand like i was holding a block of wood.

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

whats wrong with a 9mm if i might ask?

StarDeath13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
whats wrong with a 9mm if i might ask?
Nothing at all,its just a personal thing really.
The .380 wich is smaller is carried by lots of people due to its small sized guns.
I can see me soon buying a Kel-tek or SCCY small 9mm's.
I do prefer .45's when possible tho,kinda the bigger is better idea.
But its usally a larger sized gun,and heavier with alot more recoil at times depending on the weapon.

StarDeath13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHermit View Post
Kahr P45 is lighter, thinner, and smaller. It's also not a Taurus

I thought since traffic is low and topics are dead id try and post something of interest,but in Genmay fashion you had to take a cheap shot.At least i dont have to wonder why not much happens in this section now.

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDeath13 View Post
Nothing at all,its just a personal thing really.
The .380 wich is smaller is carried by lots of people due to its small sized guns.
I can see me soon buying a Kel-tek or SCCY small 9mm's.
I do prefer .45's when possible tho,kinda the bigger is better idea.
But its usally a larger sized gun,and heavier with alot more recoil at times depending on the weapon.

ah ok as a 9mm is my first and only handgun at the moment and this being genmay, i get more responses like only n1ggers carry 9mm (them and the cops and military last time i checked) oh and also people try to give me the impression that 9mm isn't actually powerful enough to harm a criminal

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch

Does that actually feel comfortable in your hand? It looks like you're barely holding on.

Nice holster man, I love the look of natural tan leather

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division

StarDeath13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
ah ok as a 9mm is my first and only handgun at the moment and this being genmay, i get more responses like only n1ggers carry 9mm (them and the cops and military last time i checked) oh and also people try to give me the impression that 9mm isn't actually powerful enough to harm a criminal
Enough cops and military carry them that its the most used caliber in handguns around the world.Shot placement is way more important that what caliber you shoot.
Add in the expansion you get from modern hollow points and a 9mm HP can be just as effective as a .45 acp FMJ,in certain circumstances.
Im the type that if i can get a .45acp handgun at or about the same size of a 9mm id go with that.But they make a few 9mm ccw handguns that are in the same sized frame as a .380 like the Kel-tec and SCCY that are perfect for pocket carry.
Id like to add that buying compact handguns has its drawbacks as they usually dont make great range guns.Most times they arent as beefy and wont fire 30k rounds and still be alive and in 1 piece.Then you have the recoil wich is usaully higher as you have a short barrel and a light gun and many times your grip isnt as strong as its so small.

Gearhead-Actually since i added the Hogue jr to it,the gun fits like a glove.But any smaller and my pinky would be hanging off,and ive held a few like that and in no way did i like them.But if i was to get a smaller 9mm it would be something id have to get used to,but could swap in an extended magazine when at the range so i get all my fingers on it.

I wore the holster today and like it alot,pretty comfy also.Didnt have any issue of it shifting or the gun coming out the top when i bent over. For $30 it was a good purchase so far.I wore shorts and a t-shirt untucked of course and printing is about 0,i can make out the very end of the grip at times.But it doesnt resemble anything gun shaped and isnt an issue.
Once my ccw license is in hand ill be ordering a Crossbreed supertuck :
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/IW...me,ProductName
There was another i was looking at and i cant remember the companys name,but id like to have a good holster for this PT745 and my 1911 as i wanna carry it when cooler weather hits and i can conceal it better.
X-mas im asking for a compact 1911 from my folks,well half of the price anyhow and ill pay half.Ive seen a few nice ones at $600

StarDeath13

I just ordered a new IWB holster as im not to impressed with the Galco.
http://www.kholster.com/products.htm
Cresent model.

With some trimming and some dark shoe polish it will look alot better imo,but im told its about the most comfy IWB you can get besides the SuperTuck wich cost 2x as much.

maahes

Let me know how you like the kholster. It looked kinda bulky for my taste but so do most of the IWBs ive tried. Im using the same Galco IWB as you since I havent found anything Ive liked yet.

StarDeath13

One thing has impressed me and i dont even have the holster yet is i recieved all my shipping info last night on Sunday on the 4th of july weekend.That is impressive seeing someone wanting to put thier products in your hands asap.

Ive seen many pics of peoples Kholsters after they have been adjusted to thier liking and they trim away excess leather.Ive also carried my Galco again today and the more i use it the more i dislike it.It shifts alot and makes me adjust it everytime i bend over or get in or out of the car,and i dont like adjusting my weapon in public.Also i get some pressure points since the Galco is so small,but that was my choice since i wanted a smaller iwb holster.

Once my Kholster is here i will be making a new clip for the Galco so it rides lover in the wasteband and ill add some cant to it also,that should help it stay put more.

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday

wow that holster is enormous

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

that holster

StarDeath13

i agree its enormous and ugly as a metter of fact.
But the SuperTuck wich this is a copy of ise better looking,but less adjustable and twice as much cost.This is its competitor:

its a better looking and a bit more refined than the Kholster.
But my plan is to trim it smaller where possible and also used some black shoe polish.or a leather dye.