General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday
 
CommiePunk's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
I don't know about Florida, but in Nevada it's illegal to set a "gun trap"

yep, illegal in FL
Old 09-02-2009, 01:11 PM CommiePunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#46  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!
 
MadDog's Avatar
 
Gun traps are illegal in the USA. Period.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:14 PM MadDog is offline  
Reply With Quote
#47  

Me Again
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
Id suggest making a non-lethal trap, where you can dispatch the animal yourself. The reason is that I would hate to build a trap and inadvertently kill my neighbors pets, not to mention where im at it's not uncommon for kids to cut across the greenbelt behind my house, so i wouldnt want to risk setting up something that could hurt them either.

This. If anyone, especially a child, is harmed in any way you are good and proper fucked. There's a reason booby traps are illegal.

Trap #1 - Where can I buy that locally, I didn't think bear traps came so small and so cheap!
[/QUOTE]

Something that small and cheap is a bear-trap in name only. You couldn't catch Winnie-the Pooh with one of those.

Have you ever read Where the Red Fern Grows? I don't know if this was just a fictional device, but a method for catching raccoons went as follows:

Instead of a pit, find a decent sized log or stump (if you can't get those,then just use your imagination and improvise). Carve out something like a divot, a little smaller than the cup you might see at mini-golf courses. Then you slant-drill nails into the hole's periphery at an angle such that they emerge from the walls of the hole. It doesn't have to be too big, because the mechanism is intended to catch the raccoon by the wrist.
The optimum size is big enough for the raccoon's relaxed hand and wrist to be inserted, but small enough such that when it makes a fist the hand cannot be removed.

Now find some shiny objects like polished coins, tinfoil, or what have you. Supposedly (and this could be , I haven't tested it myself), the raccoon will become fascinated with the bait and reach into the hole to grasp the object. Once it has the item in its fist, it won't be able to pull out the item or its own hand. You are banking on the possibility that the raccoon is too stupid to drop the object and consider it a lost-cause. Instead, stubbornly will try in vain to get its prize out of your trap until such time that it dies from starvation or dehydration, is killed by another animal, or is summarily executed by you.
__________________
Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated. - Mark Twain
Old 09-02-2009, 01:22 PM Me Again is offline  
Reply With Quote
#48  

Me Again
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
Id suggest making a non-lethal trap, where you can dispatch the animal yourself. The reason is that I would hate to build a trap and inadvertently kill my neighbors pets, not to mention where im at it's not uncommon for kids to cut across the greenbelt behind my house, so i wouldnt want to risk setting up something that could hurt them either.

This. If anyone, especially a child, is harmed in any way you are good and proper fucked. There's a reason booby traps are illegal.

Trap #1 - Where can I buy that locally, I didn't think bear traps came so small and so cheap!
[/QUOTE]

Something that small and cheap is a bear-trap in name only. You couldn't catch Winnie-the Pooh with one of those.

Have you ever read Where the Red Fern Grows? I don't know if this was just a fictional device, but a method for catching raccoons went as follows:

Instead of a pit, find a decent sized log or stump (if you can't get those,then just use your imagination and improvise). Carve out something like a divot, a little smaller than the cup you might see at mini-golf courses. Then you slant-drill nails into the hole's periphery at an angle such that they emerge from the walls of the hole. It doesn't have to be too big, because the mechanism is intended to catch the raccoon by the wrist.
The optimum size is big enough for the raccoon's relaxed hand and wrist to be inserted, but small enough such that when it makes a fist the hand cannot be removed.

Now find some shiny objects like polished coins, tinfoil, or what have you. Supposedly (and this could be , I haven't tested it myself), the raccoon will become fascinated with the bait and reach into the hole to grasp the object. Once it has the item in its fist, it won't be able to pull out the item or its own hand. You are banking on the possibility that the raccoon is too stupid to drop the object and consider it a lost-cause. Instead, stubbornly will try in vain to get its prize out of your trap until such time that it dies from starvation or dehydration, is killed by another animal, or is summarily executed by you.
__________________
Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated. - Mark Twain
Old 09-02-2009, 01:22 PM Me Again is offline  
Reply With Quote
#49  

Me Again
 
How do I delete this?
__________________
Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated. - Mark Twain
Old 09-02-2009, 03:26 PM Me Again is offline  
Reply With Quote
#50  

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch
 
Gearhead's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMahan View Post
Way too much time on my hands today... sounds like you want to cut some shit in half, so-



There isn't enough drop distance for that blade to effectively kill anything in one shot. It would get stuck probably 1/4 the way in. If you're going to build that, I would suggest making the blade out of something thicker than 1/4" steel. Maybe 3/8th?

Just get a live trap
__________________
“What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul.” - J.C.
Member of Micks for Mayhem Irish Crew
Motorcycle Club

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division
Old 09-04-2009, 07:53 AM Gearhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#51  

IMFlacid
marter
 
Its is stupid that if you set up a trap and caught a would be robber/murderer that would be illegal and you would go to jail

just as you can not rig a shotgun to go off when your front door is opened/kicked in. To shoot the guy in the face when he tries it
__________________
9ec27b7d9b0960a8783a4bb2f4eaffe0 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:15 PM IMFlacid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#52  

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch
 
Gearhead's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marter View Post
Its is stupid that if you set up a trap and caught a would be robber/murderer that would be illegal and you would go to jail

just as you can not rig a shotgun to go off when your front door is opened/kicked in. To shoot the guy in the face when he tries it


How old are you... two?
__________________
“What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul.” - J.C.
Member of Micks for Mayhem Irish Crew
Motorcycle Club

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division
Old 09-04-2009, 05:09 PM Gearhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
#53  

Defiler
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marter View Post
Its is stupid that if you set up a trap and caught a would be robber/murderer that would be illegal and you would go to jail

just as you can not rig a shotgun to go off when your front door is opened/kicked in. To shoot the guy in the face when he tries it

Booby traps can't use this thing called discretion.

what if there was an emergency and police or firefighters needed to go through your door? Good luck explaining that one to your local jury.
__________________
9155fb13bb30f91c791f5348f9a9fa42
Old 09-04-2009, 06:12 PM Defiler is offline  
Reply With Quote
#54  

IMFlacid
marter
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
How old are you... two?

no free
__________________
9ec27b7d9b0960a8783a4bb2f4eaffe0 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:56 AM IMFlacid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#55  

IMFlacid
marter
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
Booby traps can't use this thing called discretion.

what if there was an emergency and police or firefighters needed to go through your door? Good luck explaining that one to your local jury.

what if you live way out in the sticks and it would take the pigs about an hr to get here
__________________
9ec27b7d9b0960a8783a4bb2f4eaffe0 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:57 AM IMFlacid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#56  

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!
 
MadDog's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marter View Post
what if you live way out in the sticks and it would take the pigs about an hr to get here

makes no difference in the eyes of the law
Old 09-05-2009, 03:32 PM MadDog is offline  
Reply With Quote
#57  

Defiler
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marter View Post
what if you live way out in the sticks and it would take the pigs about an hr to get here

Have fun then. You gonna mine your driveway and set up tripwires to cyanide canisters in each room of your house while your at it?
__________________
9155fb13bb30f91c791f5348f9a9fa42
Old 09-05-2009, 09:07 PM Defiler is offline  
Reply With Quote
#58  

DHermit
www.TShirtReview.com
 
DHermit's Avatar
 
I like the garage spring spike idea, someone should come up with a working design that's affordable and doesn't need welding.

And for the record, I'd never put ammunition into a trap, what a horrible idea. As far as neighbors cats getting into this trap, I could care less lol.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:48 PM DHermit is offline  
Reply With Quote
#59  

De7|ro|i7
 
An officer, who may have been incorrect, stated that if my neighbor had a private property sign he could set up non-lethal (but very dangerous) booby traps on his property (in a city).
__________________
http://www.genmay.com/profile.php?do=editsignature
Old 09-08-2009, 09:02 AM De7|ro|i7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#60  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.