General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

J Mel

Tail lights are in. 46 Buick Tail lights. This made me nervous due amount of cutting and i'm prone to becoming impatient and screwing stuff up like this. Luckily I didn't and I'm quite pleased with how they look.

Before

Finding Center/Position

Looks a bit like a penis

Yup...still looks like a penis

Done

Spent rest of weekend putting rear end back together and getting car back on the ground and doing final mounting of radiator and grill shell.

Think i"m going to tackle headlights and start cutting out the original dash/gas tank and preparing for the '32 ford dash to go in.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Typhoon43

I like the tails... and I love there's no blue moonies in them as well

J Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
I like the tails... and I love there's no blue moonies in them as well

What......these damned things? I never liked them for some reason.

Typhoon43

Yep. Seems like every rat/resto mod has to throw these things in every tail light. Way to keep it pure.

J Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
Yep. Seems like every rat/resto mod has to throw these things in every tail light. Way to keep it pure.

Well, in their defense, they are traditional and have been around forever.....pre 50's i think. They initially served a purpose of making the brake light more noticable when applied. But have since turned into a fashion thing on hot-rods. I can't stand em. Hate being behind them too.

I either going to use these tail lights or 50 pontiac lights....which are the same lights in the picture above, but without the damned blue dot.

J Mel

.Hotrod looks a little different with headlight bar and headlights. One stop closer to driving it!!!

Last edited by J Mel; 02-01-2017 at 02:54 PM..

voidme

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mel View Post
What......these damned things? I never liked them for some reason.

I am afraid I cant agree with you on that Dave

voidme

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mel View Post
.Hotrod looks a little different with headlight bar and headlights. One stop closer to driving it!!!

Front looks nice.

AS is the back looks like should be horse drawn. Back needs more zz top action. Maybe extend the back of the cab so it slants toward the front at the base.

J Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidme View Post
Front looks nice.

AS is the back looks like should be horse drawn. Back needs more zz top action. Maybe extend the back of the cab so it slants toward the front at the base.

Ummmm

I'm not after an 80's-riffic street rod. I'm building a 50's-60's era hotrod. It'll likely eventually be chopped, which will lower roof line 3 inches (tops)...will make it a bit more sleek. Right now, thats not a priority. Right now I'm just trying to get it on the road so I can drive it to Austin in April for a car show.

J Mel

Spent yesterday putting dash and gauges together.

Started out with a blank 1932 Ford Dash panel....and picked up a stewart warner gauged panel to go with my stewart warner gauges. Had to make it all fit, and make sure it was even. Spent 3 hours of measuring, centering, remeasuring, measuring again, finding new ways to measure, and measure that, then remeasure everything 6 more times before I got the balls to start cutting.

Gauges in the dash - ended up just cutting holes for the gauges in the dash, then using the brackets for the gauges to hold everything together on the back side.

Dash panel wouldn't fit in dash with gauges due to the stock model A gas tank and gauge panel. I actually feel really bad about doing this, especially after it was done because it was a REALLY nice tank. somewhere a stock model A collector is crying.

Finished

J Mel

Dash, Window Trim, and Valve covers have been painted. Going to have some subtle pin-stripes layed down on dash and valve covers. At this point in time, this will be the color of the car in the future. Its a prett deep red/burgundy - darker than how pictures appear. Its very close to a Dr Pepper red, which is fitting for a Texas built car.

Also had shock mounts motified and mounted. Using 1955 Ford F100 shock mounts, heavily shortened, and shapped. A club-member helped me with these and i'm thrilled with how well they came out.

Bonus Pic - my ugly ass

Typhoon43

Coming together nicely man!

Jehannum

Hot color, dude.

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.