General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Dan
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally posted by chaosmachine
just wait till the psu shorts and fries them all.
id be sad
very very sad

but id still be able to recoer all my data, just replace the circuit boards on the HDs
__________________
Someday you will die somehow and somethings going to steal your carbon
Old 09-16-2003, 07:15 PM Dan is offline  
Reply With Quote
#46  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

BMCreider
 
Someone needs to dust
__________________
1995 Nissan 240SX
Built SR w/mods 450WHP
Old 09-16-2003, 07:16 PM BMCreider is offline  
Reply With Quote
#47  

2slow
Whatsisname
I'm a pederast. 12yr old boys turn me on!
 
2slow's Avatar
 
are they WD's? you'd have to buy new drives, and take the boards off them and put them on the toasted ones. Then hope that it'll work, becuase each drive is a little different and they are 'syncronized' at the factories.

I had a WD blow up and those bastards refused to sell me a new circuit board. "We only sell whole drives"

Quote:
Originally posted by aoLhaTer
id be sad
very very sad

but id still be able to recoer all my data, just replace the circuit boards on the HDs
__________________
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

RMS of the [M] GNU\Linux Krew 2006
Old 09-16-2003, 07:18 PM 2slow is offline  
Reply With Quote
#48  

ArcErein
 
Hmm... for some reason I always thought RAID meant a portable & universal hard-drive.... that you slide out of the drive with no connectors... what the hell am i thinking about?

me =
__________________
<3
Old 09-16-2003, 07:19 PM ArcErein is offline  
Reply With Quote
#49  

bah
 
Quote:
Originally posted by ArcErein
Hmm... for some reason I always thought RAID meant a portable & universal hard-drive.... that you slide out of the drive with no connectors... what the hell am i thinking about?

me =
RAID = Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks
__________________
Bah!
Old 09-16-2003, 07:21 PM bah is offline  
Reply With Quote
#50  

Dan
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally posted by Whatsisname
are they WD's? you'd have to buy new drives, and take the boards off them and put them on the toasted ones. Then hope that it'll work, becuase each drive is a little different and they are 'syncronized' at the factories.

I had a WD blow up and those bastards refused to sell me a new circuit board. "We only sell whole drives"
nope
id have to RMA every single one of them and do the advanced RMA where they ship first with a credit card deposit
it orders the exact same drive down to the model suffix (exact same design and firmware)
id then have to replace every single board on every single drive and put the defective board back on the clean hd then ship it all back to wd

its possible
just would take a bunch of work
__________________
Someday you will die somehow and somethings going to steal your carbon
Old 09-16-2003, 07:23 PM Dan is offline  
Reply With Quote
#51  

space cowboy
 
haha good job cuase i have 820 gigs of space on this comp
__________________
"you may think it's wrong. but when you slide that 8inch cock with a diameter of a gatorade cap into her tight virgin pussy, then you'll know how fucking right it is." - Vold
Old 09-16-2003, 07:25 PM space cowboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#52  

2slow
Whatsisname
I'm a pederast. 12yr old boys turn me on!
 
2slow's Avatar
 
they might not work though, even with the new boards. But thats a better chance than i had. I got jacked out of the warranty, so i ended up with a 160 dollar doorstop.

Quote:
Originally posted by aoLhaTer
nope
id have to RMA every single one of them and do the advanced RMA where they ship first with a credit card deposit
it orders the exact same drive down to the model suffix (exact same design and firmware)
id then have to replace every single board on every single drive and put the defective board back on the clean hd then ship it all back to wd

its possible
just would take a bunch of work
__________________
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

RMS of the [M] GNU\Linux Krew 2006
Old 09-16-2003, 07:27 PM 2slow is offline  
Reply With Quote
#53  

L1n34r_3urn()
 
Quote:
Originally posted by ArcErein
Hmm... for some reason I always thought RAID meant a portable & universal hard-drive.... that you slide out of the drive with no connectors... what the hell am i thinking about?

me =
your title has some truth to it!


























__________________
c10bb5c23148250a25da9a2326a01377 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:30 PM L1n34r_3urn() is offline  
Reply With Quote
#54  

space cowboy
 
o and here is a oversized pic
__________________
"you may think it's wrong. but when you slide that 8inch cock with a diameter of a gatorade cap into her tight virgin pussy, then you'll know how fucking right it is." - Vold
Old 09-16-2003, 07:32 PM space cowboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#55  

FLyingDutchman
 
now i want to spend money too...
60, 80 and 120 drives will have to do for now
__________________
Disable signatures now!
d9d4f495e875a2e075a1a4a6e1b9770f
Old 09-16-2003, 07:41 PM FLyingDutchman is offline  
Reply With Quote
#56  

eco
My career as a manwhore has failed due to my enlarging anus. This has forced me to to forge barcodes
 
eco's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally posted by bah
RAID = Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks
RAID = Redundant Array of Independant Disks
Old 09-16-2003, 08:35 PM eco is offline  
Reply With Quote
#57  

Dan
 
Dan's Avatar
 
its either definition
highly debated, no true answer
who cares really
__________________
Someday you will die somehow and somethings going to steal your carbon
Old 09-16-2003, 08:37 PM Dan is offline  
Reply With Quote
#58  

eco
My career as a manwhore has failed due to my enlarging anus. This has forced me to to forge barcodes
 
eco's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally posted by aoLhaTer
its either definition
highly debated, no true answer
who cares really
if you search google for it, that's what it comes up with, i checked just to be sure


google is never wrong, my friend
Old 09-16-2003, 08:38 PM eco is offline  
Reply With Quote
#59  

[d][e][v][i][c][e][n][u][l][l]
Kiddie Corral Material
 
Quote:
Originally posted by eco
RAID = Really, Aolhater Is a Douchebag
-fixed
__________________
"please, when i tell that pimply faced weasel at mcdonalds that i can program C++
he'll be all "omg for sure totally like dude
i'll be the best damn counterboy EVER
i wont ask if you want fries with that, i will you TELL YOU you want fries with that"
Old 09-16-2003, 08:39 PM [d][e][v][i][c][e][n][u][l][l] is offline  
Reply With Quote
#60  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.