General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > Vault of [M]ayhem!
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Mix

Would be great to make a donation link to help poor kids obtain LCD's

50GB Space - 100GB Bandwidth $7.95/Month
75GB Space - 300GB Bandwidth $9.95/Month
125GB Space - 500GB Bandwidth $15.95/Month

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Renork

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
New Study Links Computer Monitors With ADD, Other Neurological Disorders

<snip>

Fucking gold man, Im going to send this to my mother so she buys my brother a new LCD moniter and I can jack his CRT haha.

gg
Kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renork
Fucking gold man, Im going to send this to my mother so she buys my brother a new LCD moniter and I can jack his CRT haha.
Wait a sec, i might edit it

I'll update my original post with a link to articles cleared by their authors and approved by the community at large for sending, as well as a guide to effective chainlettering.
As soon as we sail on to Cane Garden Bay

Renork

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
Wait a sec, i might edit it

I'll update my original post with a link to articles cleared by their authors and approved by the community at large for sending, as well as a guide to effective chainlettering.

yea ill wait untill everything is up and going, shes not awake now anyway

Carl Rove
Schmuck
Why do people like you listen to me? You realized everything I say is a load of bullshit?

Raditation emissions from LCD monitors may be harmful

A new study has found that flat monitors emit a certain type of radiation as much as cathode ray tubes do.

It has long been known that cathode ray tubes give off potentiall hazardous 'electromagnetic' radiation. However, many believed that the advent of LCD monitors would solve this problem. Now researches have discovered that LCD monitors also give off these deadly rays, which have been associated with cancer. 'In particular, we found that flat monitors gave off as much radiation in the 400nm-700nm wavelength range as conventional CRT monitors.' said Dr. Wyatt of the University of Birmingham.

Currently being spied on by ECHELON (Anthrax Terrorist Bomb etc.)

UK Represent

gg
Kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmuck
Raditation emissions from LCD monitors may be harmful

A new study has found that flat monitors emit a certain type of radiation as much as cathode ray tubes do........ <snip>
Brilliant

We'll send around conflicting/spinoff reports, but make sure they are sent to different people, and it'll be hell when they cross paths

You might want to make the writing sound a little more journalistic, though.

Carl Rove
Schmuck
Why do people like you listen to me? You realized everything I say is a load of bullshit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
Brilliant

We'll send around conflicting/spinoff reports, but make sure they are sent to different people, and it'll be hell when they cross paths

You might want to make the writing sound a little more journalistic, though.

Yeah, that was just a rough copy.

I'll have a go at writing something a bit more formal. Everyone else is welcome to have a crack at it too.

UK Represent

Carl Rove
Schmuck

If you want to see an example of a tinfoil type hoax (where you make something normal sound sinister) do a google for dihydrogen monoxide. Help rid the world of this evil chemical.

UK Represent

gg
Kato

Quote:
If you want to see an example of a tinfoil type hoax (where you make something normal sound sinister) do a google for dihydrogen monoxide. Help rid the world of this evil chemical.
I was responsible for one of those back in 1998, as well as the April 30 gas boycott protesting high prices from the federal fuel tax.

Thats partly how I got the idea for this thread.

-explode-

omfg ::

lol

hahahahhaaha.

best. hoax. ever.

i never send chain mail letters through email, but this is an exception

Carl Rove
Schmuck

OK, version 2 - is this better?

Scientists detect hazardous radiation from LCD monitors

A new study has found that flat monitors emit a certain type of radiation as much as cathode ray tubes do.

'Electromagnetic' radiation emissions from cathode ray tube (CRT) monitors have been known about for a long time, but this is the first time scientists a study has been done on the levels of this hazardous radiation emitted by the newer, flat LCD screens.

The study group used a device for detecting radiation known as a Charge Coupled Device or CCD to measure the levels given off by over 50 different types of monitor. Their results will be published tomorrow.

Most electromagnetic radiation comes from nuclear reactions, and it is an established fact that it can cause cancer.

'In particular, we found that flat monitors gave off as much radiation in the 400-700 terahertz range as conventional CRT monitors.' said Dr. Mark Lee of the University of Birmingham.

'This problem is not limited to one particular manufacturer, although we did come across an LCD monitor from the Taiwanese company Jenor that didn't emit any noticable amounts of electromagnetic raditation.'

UK Represent

Her Ghost

Cannabis Use Linked To Pedophilia, Study Shows.

The recent re-classification of Cannabis in the UK to a class C drug was taken by many as a sign that the government was beginning to take a much more lenient stance on what are being dubbed "safer-drugs", by many independent think-tanks around the world, adding the UK to the list of "green-countries" which currently includes Canada, Denmark and, of course, The Netherlands.

Research into Cannabis has, however, revealed a more shocking truth.

Dr. Martin Ambleside, a researcher at {establishment} has just concluded a study that shows the links between Cannabis usage and mild psychosis, with some troubling secondary effects.

"I wasn't sure what was happening to me," explains one of Dr. Ambleside's test patients, who has asked to remain anonymous, "It was like I had turned into someone else. I signed up for the experimental process because, like, I was going to get to use Cannabis and get paid, for it, you know?"

Shortly after starting the testing, Dr. Ambleside's patient started exhibiting some very worrying behaviours.

"Well, firstly, I would like point out that the dosage that he received", explained Dr Ambleside, "was what might have been considered a 'social dose'; a dose that one might expect to imbibe at a party, for instance. My patient, at first, became slightly lethargic, but this lethargy was followed shortly by an increased libido and resurgance of some very base human instincts."

Due to limited funding, Dr. Ambleside's experiment was conducted in shared space that was at the time, running clinical tests on children with minor birth defects. It was this coincidence that led Dr. Ambleside to make his grim discovery.

"I wasn't thinking straight, I can still feel it now. I don't know what it was, but I just had a need to play with the children's toys." confessed Dr. Ambleside's patient, "But that wasn't enough, you know what I mean? We were playing 'nurses' and, well, I was the Doctor, like Dr. Ambleside, yeah, and well, I was doing an inspection."

"My patient became uncontrolable, and insistant that he was going to play with the children. I immediately ordered the closure of the children's centre, and my patient had to be arrested. He is currently spending time in a high-security hospital, whilst we conduct further tests.

"Initial tests have shown that for a percentage of the population, one of the active compunds in Cannabis can trigger a massive increase in a person's libido, coupled with, worryingly, an almost complete eradication of a person's judgement centres, and in some cases a 're-programming' of social and moral restraints. In this case, the patient, in his lowered state of awareness was re-programmed as a pedophile, and as far as he was concerned his actions towards the child were perfectly normal."

And the date that this research was carried out, and submitted the World Health Authority (WHO)? 1995.

"I can't understand it", ponders Dr. Ambleside, "I have submitted a very clear and precise set of results, showing quite clearly the links between Cannabis and pedophilia, and yet governments across the world continue to ignore and more worryingly, contravene my advice. The continued de-classification of Cannabis in 'progressive' liberal states across the world is quite frankly an outrage and one that I intent to personally expose - this cannot go on."

Indeed, it cannot, and Dr. Ambleside has set up his campaigning website which you can join the online petition, and find out other ways that you can help fight this worldwide trend.

{website}

Carl Rove
Schmuck

Another idea in the same vein:

Studies show DNA causes cancer

Any takers?

UK Represent

gg
Kato

Quote:
Another idea in the same vein:

Studies show DNA causes cancer

Any takers?
Nope, Deoxyribonucleic Acid causes cancer

Max Power
ender58074

A couple ideas I'll be working on - let me know if you think they're completely unbelievable (g seems to think the cellphone one is, but it's really derived from an equally ridiculous email I received last week.) I've not yet added quotes or really fleshed out the ideas, so keep that in mind.

1. Do you keep household cleaners under your kitchen sink? It could be making you and your family sick. (Basically, the idea involves minute traces of chemical vapors passing through the container plastic and concentrating in the pipes under the sink, thereby passing bleach, comet, rat poison, whatever into the water, forming previously unknown toxic substances endangering poor, hapless tap-water users.)

2. New research has discovered that tumors caused by cellphones are not actually from the antenna's emissions but from chemicals in the plastics found in cell phone screens. As you hold the cell phone against your face to speak, a vapor-moisture barrier is created between your face and the surface of the phone's screen as you sweat, allowing for the easy absorption of chemicals meant to protect your cellphone's screen by your skin. As these chemicals aggregate in the skin of your face, capillaries transport dangerous amounts of these distillates to your brain tissue, which can cause malignant tumors. Blah blah blah confirmed by the British Institute of Science & Technology with the assistance of the Tokyo Technological Exchange for Truth in Manufacturing.