General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Munky73770

So who here wants to help destroy CVA? We are war decking them again, and this time we are going to take out as much of their crap ass possible (we have quite a few capital ships now)...Its gonna be fun. We have Priory helping us and some of the ex-Huzzah guys have joined TSBS.

---

On a side note :

Last edited by Munky73770; 08-07-2006 at 04:24 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Malakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcobita
I dont think anyone has a titan yet.

Mixing it up in the south now.

If no one has one by now, I'm sure there are several alliances with them nearing completion.

I had to let me acct expire for a month while I settled some RL issues, I'll be reactivating this/next week. I set caldari battleship 5 going, it was a 32-38 day train, which should be done & waiting for me when I first log back in.

My corp, EOG, deployed another outpost in Impass, and have been doing various things for our corp and alliance. We had just deployed the OP when my acct expired.
I can now fly caldari AF's and interceptors with all t2 gear, and as stated earlier should come back to caldari bs 5 complete.
My next goals will be to continue learning the ropes of alliance pvp and using ecm in skirmish pvp (I've almost maxed my ecm skills as well), as well as train up more t2 weapons skills.
I've got my mining skills about as high as they are going to go, corpmining is okay and sometimes neccessary, but I'm not terribly fond of it so I didn't dump crazy much into it. I can fly a megathron with 3 mining upgrades and 7 miner II's, that's good enough for corpmining.

Randuin
I'm a attention whoring little turd that wanted a title really badly so here it is. I also like to m

Actually BoB has two titans

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
My next goals will be to continue learning the ropes of alliance pvp and using ecm in skirmish pvp (I've almost maxed my ecm skills as well), as well as train up more t2 weapons skills.

Yeah, prepare to be called primary in a battle and insta popped if you are going to be in a rook/scorpion trying to ecm stuff.

Ainshi

So I just made a trial account because I haven't been able to log into WoW in a week (finally worked after I quit out of EVE). I don't get a sense of purpose in this world, sort of like I just entered adulthood in a world where I've never been and am expected to make my way. I'm not fully through the tutorial (second box after leaving the station) so maybe that will go a ways to fixing this. Particularly daunting is all this talk of wars and ganking - in WoW i can get frustrated and spend the little gold to repair armor, that's fine and all. If my ship gets blown up, do I have to start over completely? If so... that kinda sucks.

OmegaAquinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randuin
Actually BoB has two titans

They have two Motherships from the alliance tournies, is that what you're thinking of?

I'm sure they're probably close to a titan..the main barrier to them (or others, really) is the insane construction time for them....something like 3 months?

thegrandpenguin

Like alot of people I'm considering leaving WoW and giving this game a try. Looks like it has ALOT of depth and somewhat of a PvP side to it. How long does it take to finally get a good ship going and start making your way in this game? I don't want to drop 2 months into it and still be at the bottom of the ladder, even though I know this game is very time intensive.

Exaotus
I own a copy of brokeback mountain.

Sooo is this like one huge server? Or did all of you just decide on this one before the game came out (or during.. don't know)?

Munky73770

Yeah, Eve is played on one huge server..Thats what I love about it... I dont have to worry about having to switch a char from a PvE server to PvP and so on.

OmegaAquinas

Eve is one huge cluster serving the 100,000+ subscribers it has with no real instancing. So it's all one big persistent universe.

As for how long it takes...you can have fun from day one, especially if you get in with a good corp.

That said, Eve doesn't have "leveling" and instead you train skills based on a set time--start training a skill, it keeps going even after you log out with no interaction needed. When it's done, you switch to the next level or skill, etc....this works real well for casual players, since they don't have to spend eleventy billion hours grinding. Plus, it also means that if you choose to specialize from day one, by the 6th month you can do things in a specific area as good as someone who's been playing for years, strictly speaking. Of course, they are a lot more versatile and have experience doing it, but they don't hold a huge advantage over you in the areas you've studied.
However, it also means that it will be a few months before you can fly the real good toys, and up to a year before you can fly them well. But like I said, theres a lot of fun to be had even before them.

Average skill level in Eve is around 8 million skillpoints. So what that means is that if you last 8 months into the game, you're going to be better than most in some areas.

Malakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky73770
Yeah, prepare to be called primary in a battle and insta popped if you are going to be in a rook/scorpion trying to ecm stuff.

For fleet pvp I will be using the tier 3 caldari bs when it comes out. For ratting/small skirmish pvp I will use raven or scorp.
I just reactivated, caldari bs 5 complete

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
For fleet pvp I will be using the tier 3 caldari bs when it comes out. For ratting/small skirmish pvp I will use raven or scorp.
I just reactivated, caldari bs 5 complete

I will wait a few months for the price to drop and then I will pick one up I guess....For now though, I am sticking to my Harpy/Eagle/Railox platforms

Last edited by Munky73770; 08-07-2006 at 09:54 PM..

-espionage-

OH noes, BoBs personal bitch, MC is coming for us! whatever willl they do! i wonder if anyone still has any doubts how much theyre in bed together...

its funny what forum whores these guys are, and they have the entire eve universe terrified by their "egos." so what does goonfleet do? we wardec the entire galaxy of course. sooner or later theyre going to realize that shooting frigates isnt fun, especialy when those frigates manage to gank their HAC's.

im still waiting for ASCN to do something cool...

OmegaAquinas

I'll offer you guys a Genmay special on the Tier 3 stuff...can't say how much since I don't know what they'll cost, but it'll only be a few points over cost. If you need T1 ships, stop by Shop@HDY and ask for Vlad. Manufacturing center is in Minmatar space, but we can deliver, especially for multiple ship orders.

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Anyone want to recruit me? I've got 5.5 mill SP mostly in Missile/Space Command/Learning.