General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
BReilley
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMahan View Post
What about a PS90? Very compact, holds 50 rounds, ammo is interchangeable with the 5-7 pistol. If you go the SBR route it would be hard to find a smaller package with that amount of firepower.

I had to lol at your mentioning ammo interchangeability with the most obscure pistol ever.

[nitpick]Radom P64s aren't on the C&R list yet, as far as I know.[/nitpick] They should be though

What about the Hi-Point Carbine? Can be had in either .40S&W or 9mm, use Glock magazines, so high-capacity magazines are available and inexpensive. They aren't collapsible, but are pretty compact. Cheap as dirt, too.
__________________
Tantal 5.45, Radom P-64 9x18 Makarov, Glock 19C 9x19 Luger.
Good times ahead.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:58 PM BReilley is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

StratusFear
pwned
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BReilley View Post
I had to lol at your mentioning ammo interchangeability with the most obscure pistol ever.

[nitpick]Radom P64s aren't on the C&R list yet, as far as I know.[/nitpick] They should be though

What about the Hi-Point Carbine? Can be had in either .40S&W or 9mm, use Glock magazines, so high-capacity magazines are available and inexpensive. They aren't collapsible, but are pretty compact. Cheap as dirt, too.

I've been thinking about picking up a Hi-Point Carbine...Not too sure about them though? Anyone have one?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:11 PM StratusFear is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

Daemonite
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratusFear View Post
I've been thinking about picking up a Hi-Point Carbine...Not too sure about them though? Anyone have one?

they work great for the money
Old 05-21-2008, 08:42 AM Daemonite is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

Naveronski
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk0220 View Post
As far as I know the H&K416 isn't legal for civilian sales in the United States. I know there is a civilian legal version of it recently approved in Germany, but not here.

It is legal, but H&K isn't selling them to civilians. There are several already in civilian hands from before they discontinued the program, but they are rare and quite expensive so good luck getting one.
__________________
[M]ilitary [M]ayhem
Gen[M]ay Gun Club
Old 05-21-2008, 11:09 AM Naveronski is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Lebowski
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey-boy View Post
register it as a pistol

*problem solved

I hope you're kidding, because once you put a stock on it or a forward hand grip it becomes a SBR and all required paper work is required. Though I have been told by a knowledgeable fellow at a local shop ( I think Firehawk0220 was with me at the time) that you can have a forward hand grip attached by a class III smith or MFG??? and register it for $5-$10 and it is legal. I may be remembering wrong.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:44 AM Lebowski is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

Firehawk0220
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I hope you're kidding, because once you put a stock on it or a forward hand grip it becomes a SBR and all required paper work is required. Though I have been told by a knowledgeable fellow at a local shop ( I think Firehawk0220 was with me at the time) that you can have a forward hand grip attached by a class III smith or MFG??? and register it for $5-$10 and it is legal. I may be remembering wrong.

That is what the guy said, but I don't know if there is truth to it. In any case a forward grip isn't the same thing as a stock.

As for carbines there are plenty of legal choices, but all of them approved by the ATF are going to have an overall length of 26". The Beretta CX4 Storm being one of my favorites that fires a pistol caliber.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:52 AM Firehawk0220 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

monkey-boy
 
monkey-boy's Avatar
 
__________________
They know it, they know we know, we know they know we know. Everyone knows.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:56 AM monkey-boy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

monkey-boy
 
monkey-boy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I hope you're kidding, because once you put a stock on it or a forward hand grip it becomes a SBR and all required paper work is required. Though I have been told by a knowledgeable fellow at a local shop ( I think Firehawk0220 was with me at the time) that you can have a forward hand grip attached by a class III smith or MFG??? and register it for $5-$10 and it is legal. I may be remembering wrong.



this buckmark Silhouette has a 10" barrel and its definitely aint no sbr.

IIRC it when you have a shoulder stock AND a short ass barrel you gotta sbr it. Unless its a C&R
__________________
They know it, they know we know, we know they know we know. Everyone knows.

Last edited by monkey-boy; 05-21-2008 at 12:27 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 PM monkey-boy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

BPJ
 
BPJ's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I hope you're kidding, because once you put a stock on it or a forward hand grip it becomes a SBR and all required paper work is required. Though I have been told by a knowledgeable fellow at a local shop ( I think Firehawk0220 was with me at the time) that you can have a forward hand grip attached by a class III smith or MFG??? and register it for $5-$10 and it is legal. I may be remembering wrong.

A forward grip makes it an all-other-weapon (AOW). If it comes from the factory as an AOW it is a $5 tax transfer. If you want to put a grip on it, it's a $200 manufacturing stamp.
__________________
I like wood. Like it so much I wrote a poem about it.

Wood, wood, wood. Would you please get that penis out of my butt?

That's a good poem.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:35 PM BPJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

Firehawk0220
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey-boy View Post


this buckmark Silhouette has a 10" barrel and its definitely aint no sbr.

IIRC it when you have a shoulder stock AND a short ass barrel you gotta sbr it. Unless its a C&R

He didn't say anything about the barrel length. There are no limits on pistol barrel lengths. However putting a stock or a forward grip is what constitutes an SBR.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:09 PM Firehawk0220 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

Lebowski
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPJ View Post
A forward grip makes it an all-other-weapon (AOW). If it comes from the factory as an AOW it is a $5 tax transfer. If you want to put a grip on it, it's a $200 manufacturing stamp.

That's what it was called, AOW.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:21 PM Lebowski is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

flood
Nothing in this world worth having comes easy.
 
flood's Avatar
 
Thanks for all the input guys. Sounds like to get what I want, I'll have to either give up shooting from the shoulder, or go with a folding gun like the sub-2000. I'll make a new thread shortly.

I'd like to use pistol caliber (9mm) because it's cheap, and I like to shoot a lot (~1500rounds/month). I'll get more practice with it and hence, I'll be more effective with it.
__________________
The best improvement you can do to a car is become a better driver.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:23 AM flood is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

Control
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood View Post
Thanks for all the input guys. Sounds like to get what I want, I'll have to either give up shooting from the shoulder, or go with a folding gun like the sub-2000. I'll make a new thread shortly.

I'd like to use pistol caliber (9mm) because it's cheap, and I like to shoot a lot (~1500rounds/month). I'll get more practice with it and hence, I'll be more effective with it.
http://www.ammoman.com/webstore_545x39R.htm

5.45 can be cheaper to shoot than 9mm, but I am unsure of the quality on the surplus stuff. "Russian" calibers in general tend to be less expensive these days, probably because of the US demand for 5.56mm and 7.62x51, which has really gone up in price the past few years.

Just a benchmark for reference:
1000 rnds. 5.45: $166 (Ammoman)
1000 rnds. 5.56: $269 (Ammoman)
1000 rnds. 9mm: $195 including 6% tax (I buy mine at Walmart)
1000 rnds. 7.62x54R: $159 (local gun show price)
1000 rnds. 7.62x51: $520 (Ammoman)

Also, for practice, if you end up choosing something common or with aftermarket support, you might want to kick around the idea of finding an airsoft replica or a .22LR conversion kit. Depending on the weapon, it sounds like you might justify the cost of one of those in a month or two.
__________________
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:22 PM Control is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

stupid-mofo
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk0220 View Post
That is what the guy said, but I don't know if there is truth to it. In any case a forward grip isn't the same thing as a stock.

As for carbines there are plenty of legal choices, but all of them approved by the ATF are going to have an overall length of 26". The Beretta CX4 Storm being one of my favorites that fires a pistol caliber.

Good news is that the feds measure rifles with the stocks extended! Some states like shit ass cali measure overall length when folded.


None the less, don't get a felony for illegally configuring an SBR. Truthfully the keltec sub2000 is the best gun for what the OP is looking for.
__________________
UID:233, I love it
--Life and death are seconds apart, but don't fret the police are minutes away--
Old 05-25-2008, 08:57 PM stupid-mofo is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

shenanergize
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratusFear View Post
I've been thinking about picking up a Hi-Point Carbine...Not too sure about them though? Anyone have one?

i own a hipoint 9mm carbine

fun as hell to shoot, not to mention it was 200$ OTD for it and 100 rounds

never had any problems, there is a badass aftermarket stock for it, thinking about getting it but i don't go shooting too much
__________________
[M]embers only
Old 05-26-2008, 12:28 AM shenanergize is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.