General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
which you won't be able to do, because there are gear-lvl-thresholds to join even normal instances.

So do three hours of quests, get ilvl 350 greens (or whatever it is this go-round), then queue?

With all their phasing, maybe the question zones won't be clusterfucked. Quests don't usually drop blues with frequency. Might as well go pug. Plus its hard to rage at quest givers and rile them up.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Bukkakeboy

I doubt you could go from wotlk greens to cata greens in 2-3 hrs and still be able to be useful in a _pug_ instance.

If I couldn't do instances with guildies I wouldn't TOUCH dungeon finder at first.

And you talk like each boss drops the drop you need 100% of the time and only you get to roll on it. We know RNG is a much more fickle mistress

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

Condoner

Quote:

You thought wotlk heirlooms would work in cata

The whole point of the gear-reset is so that people who have played for ages won't have a bigger advantage then necessary.
And so that people can start fresh, or play an alt or whatever.

I assumed they would cap out at 80, but I also assumed they would still be worth 20% XP.

Bill

Quote:
I doubt you could go from wotlk greens to cata greens in 2-3 hrs and still be able to be useful in a _pug_ instance.

The point that I'm trying to make it. Fuck puggers, show up as soon as you can in dunegeons and get dragged through for blues and xp without fighting in the outside world for quest mobs.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

So is anyone making any radical toon swaps based on how your main has fared on the PTR?

I have yet to try my lock out... but from what I've heard they're pretty awesome.

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
The point that I'm trying to make it. Fuck puggers, show up as soon as you can in dunegeons and get dragged through for blues and xp without fighting in the outside world for quest mobs.

then you are pugging, and you have a 190% chance that at least two more members in your group are retarded keyboardturners in wotlk greens.
and then you add the fact that the drops you want have less then 15% chance of dropping, and due to your group having a 187% chance of being filled with mouthbreathers you have approximately 0.6% chance each hour you spend in an instance of getting a blue drop.

is this hard to comprehend?

e: and if you aren't pugging, then the point is moot, as i've said earlier

-Tongboy

Last edited by Bukkakeboy; 10-01-2010 at 02:43 PM..

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post
I assumed they would cap out at 80, but I also assumed they would still be worth 20% XP.

but why would that keep working?

who the fuck cares about stats, if you have a 20% xp bonus (or 45 which is the max from herilooms or sumt)?

isn't it blatantly obvious this would favor people who have access to heirlooms to an insane degree, AND be loltastically overpowered??

-Tongboy

d4rkspike
<3

World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM) in Stores Starting December 7

IRVINE, Calif., Oct 04, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM), the highly anticipated third expansion for the world's most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game*, will be released starting on December 7, 2010. The expansion will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows(R) XP/Windows Vista(R)/Windows(R) 7 and Macintosh(R) at a suggested retail price of $39.99 and will also be offered as a digital download from the Blizzard Store. A special Collector's Edition packed with bonus items will be available exclusively in retail stores for a suggested retail price of $79.99.

"Cataclysm includes the best content we've ever created for World of Warcraft. It's not just an expansion, but a re-creation of much of the original Azeroth, complete with epic new high-level adventures for current players and a redesigned leveling experience for those just starting out," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With the help of our beta testers, we're putting on the final polish, and we look forward to welcoming gamers around the world to enjoy it in just a couple of months."

The first two World of Warcraft expansions, The Burning Crusade(R) and Wrath of the Lich King(R), each shattered PC game sales records upon their release.* In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races — worgen and goblins — will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.

The beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is currently underway. Visit the official Battle.net(R) website at http://www.battle.net to set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate. To learn more about World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, visit http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm.

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
they are

no more epics from final bosses in heroics

they're bringing back blues i guess, purps will be purps again.

fucking finally.

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.

Bill

Quote:
then you are pugging

I fail to see how its any different than pugging now.
With a complete gear reset, what is the point of a lvl 81 instance if its completely inaccessible to lvl 81 mouthbreathers in greens? Your smart:retard ratio will be the same and gear will be pretty close.

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
I fail to see how its any different than pugging now.
With a complete gear reset, what is the point of a lvl 81 instance if its completely inaccessible to lvl 81 mouthbreathers in greens? Your smart:retard ratio will be the same and gear will be pretty close.

dungeons are not as they were/are in wotlk. CC will be more or less mandatory in a random pug most of the time.

I just don't see why you want to put yourself through the pain of up to 4 other flaming keyboardturning retards that make you want to mutilate your own crotch, for the low chance of getting a blue now&then.

And a lot of the quests are pretty smirk-worthy, and some of them end in dungeon quests which have very nice rewards.

-Tongboy

Bill

I guess I'm just so used to retards that the enjoyment comes from fucking with them more than actually playing the game. Zero effort, potentially epic amusement, for some reward.

Thats just me. Everyone will be doing their own thing. Its a game. For fun. People will do what they want. I'm just saying, thats what I'd do. I'm not saying its the best/fastest option.

JonathanTheBlack

Rawr. Got in the beta.

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
I guess I'm just so used to retards that the enjoyment comes from fucking with them more than actually playing the game. Zero effort, potentially epic amusement, for some reward.

Thats just me. Everyone will be doing their own thing. Its a game. For fun. People will do what they want. I'm just saying, thats what I'd do. I'm not saying its the best/fastest option.

ahh

well if thats what is fun to you, go for it!

cruise through the quests and enjoy some dungeons with my friends

-Tongboy

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Account Action: Warning

Offense: Inappropriate
This category includes both clear and masked language which:

* Is a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
* Is otherwise considered objectionable

Details (Note - Times are listed in Greenwich Mean Time, GMT):
2010-10-05 23:16:56 Bbybatr: atrain is IN dalaran and he cant fucking walk his stupid ass to the fucking port

he later angrily whispered me "I DIDNDT KNOW WHERE THE PORT WAS YOU ASSHOLE" then ignored me.