General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler's Booger View Post
how about a pistol that:

1. if someone came along and gouged out your eyeballs with a screwdriver and forced it into your hand your first response would be 'OMG you gouged out my eyes!' instead of "OMFG what is this piece of shit you just stuck in my hand!?!?!'

2. if you saw a police officer carrying it you wouldn't immediately think "wow, nice halloween costume" or "OMG holy shit this police impersonator is about to rob the place!!!"

3. if you saw it on the cover of a credible gun magazine in a positive light you wouldn't immediately look for the date of April 1 photoshopped onto the corner

4. a pistol that is capable of at least getting a hit SOMEWHERE ON THE PAPER AT NINE FUCKING FEET (some of them cannot. how a pistol can be so terrible that you can shoot repeatedly at a target 9 feet away and miss so terribly and have no idea where your bullets went is a special kind of suck)

5. a pistol that is at least engineered better than the $20 airsoft guns you can get at academy sports or WalMart

etc etc

From what I'm reading the hi points are very accurate, that isn't actually one of their criticisms. Have you fired one?

There's plenty of guys who have "big boy" guns that buy or try a hi-point just to see and post fairly decent reviews which is why I'm interested (unless they are hipoint reps and are lying )

Also I'm weary of buying used guns. Have you bought any used before? I'd have to take it to someone first because I don't know what to look for as far as wear and condition

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Rancidpunk666

No need for a locking mechanism.

Just make the slide weigh 80 billion tons.
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings

armage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
Also I'm weary of buying used guns. Have you bought any used before? I'd have to take it to someone first because I don't know what to look for as far as wear and condition

I have bought many used guns here in FL. As far as wear and condition, you should notice many of the more obvious defects while clearing the weapon when you first look at it. This includes slide/cylinder, the state of the magazines (dings and dents, how many are included), the recoil spring, and whether the barrel has ever been cleaned or cleaned recently. There are technically things that can misbehave with a gun internally. I have bought an old .25acp pocket pistol only to find that the firing pin was broken, however I have almost never heard of this occuring in anything made in the last 20 years, that wasnt abused obviously from the exterior condition.

As far as wear and condition, take it to a fellow gun nerd, or ask a local shop if they would spare a few minutes to look it over. If theres a range near by, perhaps you can have the seller meet you there to show that it functions. This is not unreasonable, but dont expect everyone to do so.

I second the revolver statement though. I carry a glock 26 on me daily, and its not because I cant conceal my colt new agent, its because my colt fails to return to battery if its not cleaned weekly, and my glock doesnt. If I had a revolver I would be wearing that. Ruger SP101 for sure, even if it weighs a ton... the boot grips? sexy.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=86372&page=1

A typical review for it. Accurate, ugly and very effective. Can have feeding issues with low power non-jacket ammo since its a blowback design. I've got to try both kinds, recoil and blowback to "get it" but the guy says double taps are easy mode with these heavy zinc slide hipoints.

I'm pretty sure i don't want a revolver. Semis are more efficient all around which is why all types of military and law enforcement use them. 9mm is very appealing - same reason, the whole world didn't pick it for nothing.

As an aside.... Russians made variants of 9mm luger that punch 8mm steel, and all forms of body armor... I'd love to get one of these some day:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSh-18

Can't shoot that ammo from a glock I'm guessing, but god damn. 1900 fps AP rounds...

Caelum

I can't understand the logic of buying the cheapest thing you can possibly find to defend your own life. You're buying a machine that cause an explosion to occur in your hand....and you're pinching pennies?

Let me ask you, if that gun fails you when you need it, was your life worth the extra $100 or $200 for a Glock?

And this:
Quote:
Half an hour with a Dremel tool will polish the feed ramp to the point that many of the feeding problems will disappear, and is not the sort of thing that requires a skilled gunsmith.
is unacceptable. You're wanting to buy a machine that has to modified day 1 to accept all types of ammo? Garage gunsmithing aside, you should not have to modify a factory weapon just to make it work all the time. That is fucking stupid!

What you would be buying here is a Daewoo car, cheap as fuck, that can only run on 100 octane. Unless you take the engine apart (lets not forget this is your first car ever) to modify it to accept 87 octane...WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU BUY THAT!? Why would you not just buy a fucking Honda or Toyota? Even a used one will still run better than that shitbox Daewoo!

http://www.impactguns.com/smith-wess...188147216.aspx

Impact guns is a little high on their prices. If you shop around you can usually beat their prices

http://gunnuts.net/2012/08/27/the-hi-point-challenge/
150 rounds / 2 malfunctions
Magazine disassembles itself inside the gun
http://gunnuts.net/2012/09/06/the-hi...llenge-week-2/
350 rounds / 38 malfunctions
Gun only functions properly in gang banger grip lol

Didn't work too well for this guy though
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Note that at the end the magazines just fell out of the left gun.

armage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=86372&page=1

A typical review for it. Accurate, ugly and very effective. Can have feeding issues with low power non-jacket ammo since its a blowback design. I've got to try both kinds, recoil and blowback to "get it" but the guy says double taps are easy mode with these heavy zinc slide hipoints.

I'm pretty sure i don't want a revolver. Semis are more efficient all around which is why all types of military and law enforcement use them. 9mm is very appealing - same reason, the whole world didn't pick it for nothing.

As an aside.... Russians made variants of 9mm luger that punch 8mm steel, and all forms of body armor... I'd love to get one of these some day:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSh-18

Can't shoot that ammo from a glock I'm guessing, but god damn. 1900 fps AP rounds...

Theres nothing more or less efficent about a semi-auto vs. a revolver, if the points to kill someone they are both do the exact same job.

These states also restrict AP ammo:
NV, OK, RI, VA, AL, NY, NJ, IL, IN, KS, LA, MN, FL, PA.

Its 9x19... should work fine from a glock except for the muzzle pressure, but since people shoot +p from glocks... Id probably risk it if I didnt live in florida. EXCEPT for the fact that you are a tool for wanting AP ammo. Seriously... if you think kevlar wearing assholes are about to break into your house, you must either have something worth stealing and are a cheap ass for wanting to buy a junk gun... or hang out with some seriously fucked people.

With that said, no one in this thread is trying to lead you in the wrong direction... we suggested as you asked for. Wheel guns are the number one choice for reliability. I personally do not own one, but find them attractive and functional. I prefer a semi automatic for everyday carry, so Im not trying to bash you on that. But its like people are saying, if this weapon is for self defense... spend more, your life is worth it.

If this weapon is for recreation ONLY... spend what you want, but you would still be better off buying a glock / m&p for the aftermarket options if you get into shooting sports.

As a positive note, you are correct in that blowback pistols are a little more picky about ammo, as their actions tend to be stiffer to maintain proper battery. Recoil operated systems can still be prone to light ammunition causing failures to eject, but usually less so. As far as what you would notice shooting... Id say its negligable. There would be some difference in the feel, but in the end the force is still exerted higher than the point of contact resulting in muzzle climb.

Fundamentals, and a good weapon. <- best advice you can get.

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday

just buy a quality weapon.