General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Thermo1223

I want punch his fuckin wife in the OMGOMGOMGOMG because he likes tree's so damn much.
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

5ive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post

This is dated and inaccurate
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

http://www.amazon.com/SimCity-Limite...ywords=simcity

people be mad.

I kinda wanted to play this after watching the first fourty vid above but now I think I'd rather send a message and not buy it.

see you auntie

1.3 out of 5 stars
(1,197)

5 star
4 star
3 star
2 star
1 star

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/SimCity-Limite...ywords=simcity

people be mad.

I kinda wanted to play this after watching the first fourty vid above but now I think I'd rather send a message and not buy it.

its too bad that if the game doesn't do well it'll kill the franchise rather than change ea's retarded business model.

i think its great that so many people aren't satisfied and being vocal about it... but ea already has their money, why should they care?

diablo 3 did much the same thing, and had a lot of people pissed... but they still bought it.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
its too bad that if the game doesn't do well it'll kill the franchise rather than change ea's retarded business model.

This is the truly sad part about this whole fiasco.

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

Quote:

its kind of like how so many companies claim pc gaming is dying, but then when they release a game they do shit like this. well of course no one is going to buy your shit when you have policies in place that infringe on their right to play the product they bought from you.

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

are the server issues the main complaint? cause that's just Diablo 3 all over again, which means a majority of the people who bought it will complain endlessly about a game they continue to play anyhow, and the vicious cycle of "always online" games having epic launch week failures will continue.

cokezeroholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by see you auntie View Post

1.3 out of 5 stars
(1,197)

5 star
4 star
3 star
2 star
1 star

Even the higher star reviews are harsh.

EthanHunt

even after all of the reviews i still almost wanna buy the game, mostly because i watched some dude stream it and he had a pretty cool city, 150k pop or so, but he listened to his viewers and overbuilt, but its cool he built a stadium and was gonna make moneyz

oh woops he destroyed his stadium by accident, there goes 225k.....oh well just save and rebuild, well he did that, but he was pretty far into the red and decided to just start a new city....but the game wouldnt let him, so he went back to his old city to raise the taxes and then destroy everything so he'd start fresh but with 1mil

but woops after most of it was gone, he found most of his land scape was covered in garbage, sewage and some radiation, well time to just say fuck it and start a new city i guess

for some reason after seeing all of that i want the game

teh_rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
are the server issues the main complaint? cause that's just Diablo 3 all over again, which means a majority of the people who bought it will complain endlessly about a game they continue to play anyhow, and the vicious cycle of "always online" games having epic launch week failures will continue.

i hate this, but this is exactly correct.

pyramid

from amazon:

Quote:
Fundamentally, SimCity has always been a 'software toy'. That means that there's no real end state, no way to win. It's just a thing that you play and experiment with. You build, and tinker, and mess around. It's a toy, not a game; it's a sandbox, not baseball.

So, in this iteration of the game, you don't even get to buy your toy. Rather, you rent a toy from EA, who lets you play with it only in very limited, circumscribed ways, only on their servers. So you have to have a live Internet connection at all times, and their servers have to be up, and have to have space for you. And the rules for play are draconian. If you want to, say, build a city, save it, blow it up with something terrible, and then restore from save, you can't do that anymore. That's an unauthorized usage of their toy. And if you figure out ways of using their toy that they don't like, they'll ban you forever.

All third-party modding is shut out. One of the best parts of SimCity 4 and The Sims is that users can create and share content among themselves for free. You will no longer be able to do this. You will be required to run only Official Authorized Content.

Further, you're not getting the whole game for your $60 or $80, depending on what version you're buying. EA's plan is to sell you Simcity 5 over and over and over. They've directly admitted that they already have it running with larger cities, but they're not releasing that now. They claim it's because it "won't run on Dad's PC", but the real reason is so they can sell it to you again later. Want subways? That's gonna be $20. Want railroads? Another $20. Bigger cities? Oh, that's in the $30 expansion.

Right now, if you look at The Sims 3, the game costs $30. But if also you buy all the DLC for it, it's *four hundred and seventy dollars*. This is what they are doing with SimCity 5; locking you into their server infrastructure, and then exploiting the heck out of your wallet.

This is a lousy deal, and you would be stupid to take it. Always-on DRM, and a deliberately crippled game, so that they can slowly uncripple it, charging you for every restored feature from prior versions.

Killer_B

Quote:

only semi-sad.

Pretty much EVERYTHING EA touches turns to a liquidy-doody variety of shit.

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.

TheJackal

SC4 4 lyfe

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
its kind of like how so many companies claim pc gaming is dying, but then when they release a game they do shit like this. well of course no one is going to buy your shit when you have policies in place that infringe on their right to play the product they bought from you.

Well the argument is: why bother to develop games for PC at all? PC games are pirated much easier than their console counterparts. If I can force you to buy a game disc rather than downloading the game torrent then I win every time, provided I hype my shit enough that everyone and their 6-year old brother wants to play.

Beyond that, even consoles aren't immune to shitty DRM since there is rumors afoot that the new XBOEX and PS4 will have DRM enabled games that won't work when bought used.

Basically it's all about separating you from your money and fuck you if you don't like it. The masses of retards still buy these shit games anyway and it will never stop until people finally take a stand and quote demanding to play Call of Battlefield Black Medal Ops 7.