Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post
are you mexican?

i posted a picture in some other shit thread

no i'm caucasian

dad has some mexican and is brown as shit and claimed to be full blown hispanic on his tennis tournament registry online

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Was quite let down by PlastiDip on the trim on the CRV actually..

It got sheared off on the side skirt on the driver and passenger sides.

Held up extremely well anywhere that peoples legs weren't scraping against but its just not that resilient. At least not the rattlecan stuff.

I don't know what you did wrong, but the PlastiDip on the Lightning's mirrors has held up exceptionally well, thru Texas heat and cold, thru 120+mph blasts, and thru a variety of car washes. Hell, the shit I sprayed on my sunroof has held up spectacularly.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Shit, the Plus kit is only $400 , and you get everything you need? Damn, imma start saving pennies

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Shit, the Plus kit is only $400 , and you get everything you need? Damn, imma start saving pennies

the rattlecan crap has got to be significantly less stout than this stuff... it's the goopy tar like crap you coat tool handles with cut just enough so you can spray it.

I have a pair of pliers I did when I was like 7 and its still stuck on there.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
the rattlecan crap has got to be significantly less stout than this stuff... it's the goopy tar like crap you coat tool handles with cut just enough so you can spray it.

I have a pair of pliers I did when I was like 7 and its still stuck on there.

I've done both, depending on prep and application they hold up equally well.

Remember my dash project?? Take a wild guess what's holding up better. Hint: it's not the faux leather.

--John Hobbs

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

idk I used paint prep spray on all of the trim prior to shooting... Oh well. Not my problem any more.

Might give the plastidip a shot, wondering if I can get away with the two gallon kit.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
idk I used paint prep spray on all of the trim prior to shooting... Oh well. Not my problem any more.

Might give the plastidip a shot, wondering if I can get away with the two gallon kit.

Just remember to spray it thick.

The pearlizer sounds cool

--John Hobbs

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

edplayer
no

poast some better pics

how is the interior?

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post
poast some better pics

how is the interior?

First "mod" is to purchase a shift knob that isn't just floating on top of the shifter

edplayer
no

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

edplayer
no

edplayer
no

RazorWind

Quote:
First "mod" is to purchase a shift knob that isn't just floating on top of the shifter

This is the best shift knob ever made for the MR2. It's the only one that matters.

http://twosrus.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=104

Edit: What it sounds like you really need, though, is a shifter boot. There's a thread or two on mr2oc where one of the members has a business making semi-custom interior parts like shifter boots and steering wheel skins. They offer them for all three generations of the MR2, IIRC.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
This is the best shift knob ever made for the MR2. It's the only one that matters.

http://twosrus.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=104

Edit: What it sounds like you really need, though, is a shifter boot. There's a thread or two on mr2oc where one of the members has a business making semi-custom interior parts like shifter boots and steering wheel skins. They offer them for all three generations of the MR2, IIRC.
Wouldn't that burn the fuck out of your palm if it sat in the sun all day? But I guess anyone who would use such a thing probably has the darkest tint available anyway..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v