General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Sales and usage of “Rubber Dip" and "Rubber Dip Spray" gallon size products are not complaint with Federal Regulations in the state of California. Therefore gallon sized Rubber Dip and Rubber Dip Spray products cannot be sold in California. Rubber Dip and Rubber Dip Spray can both be purchased in CA in sizes less than 1 gallon. Please be aware of this ruling and follow all guidelines.

Fuck kkkalifornia.

Seriously.

They all say "some day every state will have the same laws"

WELL ITS BEEN 29 FUCKING YEARS LIVING IN THIS NAZI POLICE STATE OF TREE HUGGING AND FUDGE PACKERY I DONT SEE ALABAMA PREVENTING THEIR CITIZENS FROM HAVING GOOD LOOKING CARS

I hope the yosemite fires burn up this whole shitty state... its the fucking Sierra Club's fault that the fires spread so fast and burn so hot.

Alabama doesn't have 40 million people living in it.

If every dipshit here bought a bucket of chems to fuck with their car, we'd be dead by now.

Same as smog laws - I'm GLAD we have them so losers with shit-piles are forced to somewhat stay on top of it. I wish we had overall vehicle inspections like in Japan as well.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Damn.

But how is it the Sierra club's fault?

Edit: deliver it to Arizona, pick it up there, win.

If it's anything like oregon, the stupid tree hugging spcfgts don't allow any logging in their forests. Not even basic maintenance and fire suppression logging.

Better to watch those trees burn along with large swaths of the forest than allow evil industry to build something useful and make a profit with them.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Damn.

But how is it the Sierra club's fault?

Edit: deliver it to Arizona, pick it up there, win.

They block forestry services from clearing underbrush on the basis that it will disturb the forests as a natural habitat and that humans shouldnt disrupt it.

Burns/forest fires are part of nature, the underbrush builds and builds and builds then the fires burn hotter, flames reach higher than nature intended and they actually kill the trees as a result

^exactly Pyramid

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
Alabama doesn't have 40 million people living in it.

If every dipshit here bought a bucket of chems to fuck with their car, we'd be dead by now.

Same as smog laws - I'm GLAD we have them so losers with shit-piles are forced to somewhat stay on top of it. I wish we had overall vehicle inspections like in Japan as well.

And mandatory engine rebuilds at 50k?

No thank you.

Those fuckers dont even bother changing their oil...

edplayer
no

Quote:
I want this but translucent clear with a rose on a stem embedded in the middle

big ern would kick your ass

Quote:
They block forestry services from clearing underbrush on the basis that it will disturb the forests as a natural habitat and that humans shouldnt disrupt it.

Burns/forest fires are part of nature, the underbrush builds and builds and builds then the fires burn hotter, flames reach higher than nature intended and they actually kill the trees as a result

^exactly Pyramid

isn't the underbrush part of nature so by leaving it alone fires would take place as they would have without interference? and i don't think nature has intentions

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
If it's anything like oregon, the stupid tree hugging spcfgts don't allow any logging in their forests. Not even basic maintenance and fire suppression logging.

Better to watch those trees burn along with large swaths of the forest than allow evil industry to build something useful and make a profit with them.

^exactly Pyramid
hmmm...

...without humans, lightning starts a fire (or lava /Yosemite), forest burns until it stops on its own; if lightning lights a fire on the plains, fire burns until it goes out on its own. Fire creates fertilizer for new growth that starts almost immediately...

What we don't understand totally is the need for the new growth. Of course, underbrush that was clogging everything up is gone; on the plains, the thatch is consumed and the grass grows anew, with a nice layer of fertilizer and aerated soil--this happens in forest as well.

It is part of a cycle.

We keep hearing about the high-pressure "cap" here, a layer of hot air covering the state, preventing any formation of rain, with a temperature number associated with it that it takes to "break through" the cap and form rain clouds. As the cap stays in place, as time goes on, that temperature needed to break thru grows higher and higher. Eventually, we get a front strong enough to push the "cap" off and cause rain, but the cap itself weakens the front and limits the amount of rain.

Now, couple years ago, we were in the middle of a nasty hot summer, the cap was entrenched, and going nowhere. Then the wildfires started near Possum Kingdom Lake, and burned for quite awhile; towards the end of the fire, they got quite a bit of rain (and we saw a bit as well), and I suspect it was because the fires heated the air enough to break thru the cap, and allow storm formation.

So maybe wildfires are as much a response to drought as they are for "cleanup". Cleaning out underbrush and such might be as detrimental as clear cutting, given this thought process.

Something to consider.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer View Post

isn't the underbrush part of nature so by leaving it alone fires would take place as they would have without interference? and i don't think nature has intentions

nature wants 50k rebuilds.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
big ern would kick your ass

we put out the fires because we trees and our 20 million dollar compounds built in densely forested areas and the shit piles up higher and higher.

maybe not "intent" per se...A natural ebb and flow that we prevent from rolling along.

edplayer
no

fuck that

Jesus needs to concentrate on important things like getting 1 gallon containers of plasti-dip to CA.

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
fuck that

Jesus needs to concentrate on important things like getting 1 gallon containers of plasti-dip to CA.

TSRH

Colonel Sanders

Congrats, looks like it was cherished and well-cared for. A real garage queen you might say

Tex Arcana

Quote:
fuck that

That is pretty goofy, considering the mercury they're putting into the groundwater from fluorescent bulbs.

--John Hobbs

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
Congrats, looks like it was cherished and well-cared for. A real garage queen you might say

And what kind of pile are you driving these days??

--John Hobbs

edplayer
no

Quote:
That is pretty goofy, considering the mercury they're putting into the groundwater from fluorescent bulbs.

Jesus loves mercury

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:

Yes, and most of it should be left alone and natural, but limited clearing and logging to create firebreaks would make it so that fires don't burn down half the state uncontrollably when they do break out. Crazy tree huggers refuse to acknowledge this reality.

Also, most fires are caused by humans.