General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

What was your off the cuff reply?
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
What was your off the cuff reply?

eh you could probably find it buried in your feed

something like "this guy has no grasp with reality" and I went after him because I felt he (and one of the other commenters) was making the case that this attack had either very little or nothing to do with mental illness which is more than a little idiotic. I think I might have misunderstood that point, but I think it was poorly expressed by both this article and by the commenter who said, flat out, "this has nothing to do with mental illness." That any member of any subculture, with enough mental illness "mixed in" would have the capacity to commit a crime like this. Also that I wished that the media would just stop portraying "geeks" in any fashion whatsoever, I think shows like The Big Bang Theory are complete fucking retarded shit

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

you weren't attacked, it was a polite discourse and the person responding who wasn't me went out of their way to keep it non confrontational, stop exaggerating
39TH STREET
rmtc<3
8=,,,,===D BlisterDick is the hawtness I desire :drool:

Cody
User Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post

something like "this guy has no grasp with reality" and I went after him because I felt he (and one of the other commenters) was making the case that this attack had either very little or nothing to do with mental illness which is more than a little idiotic. I think I might have misunderstood that point, but I think it was poorly expressed by both this article and by the commenter who said, flat out, "this has nothing to do with mental illness." That any member of any subculture, with enough mental illness "mixed in" would have the capacity to commit a crime like this. Also that I wished that the media would just stop portraying "geeks" in any fashion whatsoever, I think shows like The Big Bang Theory are complete fucking retarded shit

stephen hawking is the only king of the geeks living. there can be only one.

[QUOTE=The Unflushable Turd;25485427]Also maybe its because i'm a piece of shit and i don't deserve happiness or whatever balalalal hueuheuhuehueuheuhuehue[/QUOTE]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusttremulous View Post
you weren't attacked, it was a polite discourse and the person responding who wasn't me went out of their way to keep it non confrontational, stop exaggerating

I don't feel like I was attacked either, I just think I had to backpedal and walk on pins and needles wayyyy too much

more than I usually do

but yeah probably just caffeine withdrawal or something

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

Quote:

if dudes can "not all men" everything, why can't people who have mental illnesses "not all mental illnesses" too?

the point is that mental illness is maybe what sparked this guy to take it this far, but that the mindset he had is more common than you'd think, and that pop culture, including geek culture, is both a product of and an affirmation of these things.
39TH STREET
rmtc<3

augusttremulous
The Cat's Pajamas

Quote:
I don't feel like I was attacked either, I just think I had to backpedal and walk on pins and needles wayyyy too much

more than I usually do

but yeah probably just caffeine withdrawal or something
I get it, though. neither of you know each other. I appreciate it not turning into a flamewar on my wall
39TH STREET
rmtc<3

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

Quote:
if dudes can "not all men" everything, why can't people who have mental illnesses "not all mental illnesses" too?

the point is that mental illness is maybe what sparked this guy to take it this far, but that the mindset he had is more common than you'd think, and that pop culture, including geek culture, is both a product of and an affirmation of these things.

really? really?

mental illness MAYBE caused this?

pls go

Cody
User Deleted

Quote:
I get it, though. neither of you know each other. I appreciate it not turning into a flamewar on my wall

you think thats bad i didnt know iphones mass text people in certain situations when you dont want them to and my new sister in law responded to my sisters first mass texted baby pic from the hospital, it came to my phone, and i was like who the fuck are you, how did you get my number i don't know you .

you want to talk about backpedaling bro? i had half my own family calling me up reaming my ass out over that shit.

[QUOTE=The Unflushable Turd;25485427]Also maybe its because i'm a piece of shit and i don't deserve happiness or whatever balalalal hueuheuhuehueuheuhuehue[/QUOTE]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

cody is calling august "bro"

he's gonna be claiming shit-facedness come tomorrow

Cody
User Deleted

Quote:
cody is calling august "bro"

he's gonna be claiming shit-facedness come tomorrow

nah i just clicked the wrong quote button i got hers instead of the one above it from you. shit happens im sober no excuses tonight.

EDIT 2 posts above sorry

mad rats fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
pls go

shots. fucking. fired.
I am an intellectual who is destined for greatness. I would never perform a low-class service job.
*lights joint*

SamFarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
all the pussy in the world wouldn't have helped, this dude was totally fucked mentally, he lived a very, very sheltered and privileged life and was emotionally unstable and a crybaby even before he hit puberty. the fucking kid was 18 and he had no idea things like the lotto existed, what regular apartments were, he whined about living in a "low class" suburb not full of mcmansions, he didn't even know there was a "hierarchy" to different marques of fuckingi cars.

this dude just had weapons grade autism and i hate how the tumblr crowd are coopting this event to take shots at MRAs or puas or anti puas or whatever brand of misogynist under the sun, not getting laid was the LEAST of this poor fedora lord's problems.

The bit about learning of the lottery made me chuckle. Again, echos of Ignatius Reilly.

Also:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

If misogyny did cause him to flip his shit (alongside mental instability, autism, whatever) then what's the difference between that and someone who killed other people over drug money, or a personal argument?

There isn't any. The real problem is how easily he was able to kill other people, beyond his god given pussy-bodied natural abilities. Access to firearms is a little too loose in this country, but i don't give a shit what motivated him. It could have been getting picked on like columbine and VA tech, or just being an angry asshole like the guy who shot someone for texting, or loud music. People flip for many reasons. We can't prevent all of them through tumblr awareness.

What's disgusting is the tweets i've seen proclaiming that this killing spree has a fucking upside, by raising awareness for violence against women or some stupid shit

SamFarber

Quote:
...Also that I wished that the media would just stop portraying "geeks" in any fashion whatsoever, I think shows like The Big Bang Theory are complete fucking retarded shit

I can't believe some of my parental units and their friends liked the show. It was like torture to watch. Even 2.5 Men with Sheen was better. Re-enforces why I don't have a tv.