General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Colonel Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
what did you pay

It's gonna end up being around $7k when all is said and done.. Getting a brand new Eaton M90, hand ported, gasket matched heads with larger valves, upgraded valve springs, ported manifolds, Comp stage 1 SC cam, 42lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, EECIV chip + dyno tune.. probably other stuff I'm forgetting

edit: Oh yeah, forgot BHJ balancer (that alone is $375,) retrofitted AC system to 134a w/ new compressor etc, brand new Potenzas..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

So what's all that good for hp and 0-60 wise

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
It's gonna end up being around $7k when all is said and done.. Getting a brand new Eaton M90, hand ported, gasket matched heads with larger valves, upgraded valve springs, ported manifolds, Comp stage 1 SC cam, 42lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, EECIV chip + dyno tune.. probably other stuff I'm forgetting

edit: Oh yeah, forgot BHJ balancer (that alone is $375,) retrofitted AC system to 134a w/ new compressor etc, brand new Potenzas..

shit sounds like a steal to me

I *never* see these things, when I do, they're unloved ratty shitboxes.

Colonel Sanders

Yeah, they're really really hard to find in good condition these days. It should be a fun car, still not super fast but enough to keep up with an E36 M3 But the main thing I love about them is they feel WAY better than the average dumbestic (tighter, quieter, handle excellent, etc)

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

So you're not sure about the numbers?

Also idk about "steal" for 7k, but if everything is new with low miles on engine and trans, it's n2b. I'd call it reasonable, since buyers for it aren't exactly found on every corner.

Colonel Sanders

Yeah, it's not a steal, but it's exactly what I wanted.

What do you mean about numbers, HP numbers? Probably like 260rwhp and 340rwtq, but that's just a guesstimate based on kinda sorta similar cars.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Ic, yea i was wondering if it ever went on a dyno after all that work. What's the curb weight?

Colonel Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
Ic, yea i was wondering if it ever went on a dyno after all that work. What's the curb weight?

Well it's being built right now, so when it's all done it will be getting dyno tuned. I think a fully loaded SC (like this one) comes in around 3700lbs.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

find me another 5 speed 6 cyl with F/I of any kind in NorCal in the same shape and then tell me this wasn't a steal

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2313218...ectorid=229466

the only one within 1250 miles of me, checked craigslist, ebay, all of em

$2500, 145,000 miles, has been taken to the bonneville salt flats and not much else is known

Colonel Sanders

Quote:
find me another 5 speed 6 cyl with F/I of any kind in NorCal in the same shape and then tell me this wasn't a steal

Well but at the same time, these cars are not in demand so they are either total shit pieces, or nice and appeal to a niche.. but I don't give a crap, I'm just happy I found one of my all time favorite cars, in the exact year and color combo I want (red on black leather 93,) being put together by THE tuner for these cars.

Colonel Sanders

Yeah, try searching nationwide on Autotrader or Cars.com for manual Thunderbirds, you'll find 2 or 3. You can find more on Craigslist but almost always rusty shit heaps modified by retards.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2313218...ectorid=229466

the only one within 1250 miles of me, checked craigslist, ebay, all of em

$2500, 145,000 miles, has been taken to the bonneville salt flats and not much else is known

You can say the same about a manual is300, it's basically a unicorn, with handfuls around the country. The thing is there are other cars in the same category though so that keeps the price in check.

What you're saying is true, but it implies the buyer is hell-bent on that exact car. 300 hp isn't that hard to come by even NA, with a manual, and less miles. So I wouldn't quite feel like I ripped someone off walking away with this deal, but i think it's fair. People that look at cars like this are after a good value - you'd have to wait a long time for someone to specifically need a tbird, be able and willing to pay more than $7k, and have the means to travel/deliver/etc.

Stuff is worth whatever the market will bear, not what it's "worth" in someone's eyes. You can't really KBB something that's built either. This is why usually people lose money after a build if they sell.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

yeahhh maybe "steal" is the wrong word

OP was very fortunate to have found this make, this model, this year in this condition (at all)

Colonel Sanders

Finally it's making progress...

In the shop:

Been a while since it was on the road:

Tank out for 255lph pump:

Various stuffs were blasted and painted for good measure:

He found one of the front wheel bearings needed replacing so he is putting in two new ones:

New pads/rotors, lines, swaybar end links etc. Also I learned the car already has Eibach springs on it:

Supercharger that is going on the car: