General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

tedbear

did you write some poetry for Valentine's day already?

Hello out there!
I wanted to ask around as Valentine's Day is not that far now - do you normally write love letters or poems to your loved ones? Or ist this too old-fashioned for you? Maybe there is one or more personen around writing on a professional basis?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

aoeoae

valentine's day was canceled some time ago.

tedbear

Was cancelled some years ago???? Uhm, was there a reason for that?
And thank you for that awesome poem - haha i had a laugh...
But is there really noone writing any stuff, maybe also besides Valentine's Day?

SugarSandy

What an awful poem BlisterDick posted… :/ Thank god, my boyfriend wrote a really beautiful one for me! He doesn’t write on a professional basis, but his best friend does and has even published a book filled with beautiful poems! Most of them are really sad, because he wrote them when he had incredible love sickness due to his ex- girlfriend… but they are really beautiful and deserve to be published Though I am not a romantic person, I have read every single one of them.. now, my boyfriend definitely tries to make a romantic person out of me by writing poems and sending flowers to me :P (I guess he is a bit jealous because of his best friends book) Due to that, he got a candlelight dinner in return the last time, he came home with flowers :P))

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

if you don't give him anal for trying to write some shitty fucking poem (TO GET FUCKING ANAL IN THE FIRST PLACE, THAT'S WHY), you're a bad person

tedbear

And did he already have contact to a publishing house or anything related? Like there is a lot of ways to get publsihed, from magazines to vanity publishers to blogs ...?
And well, sometimes it is the sad time we are experiencing that brings out our richest skills.

Typhoon43

Or, you know, you could MOVE THE FUCK ON WITH LIFE, which tends to reap greater rewards that feeling fucking miserable for yourself just because some girl "hurt" you

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSandy View Post
What an awful poem BlisterDick posted… :/ Thank god, my boyfriend wrote a really beautiful one for me! He doesn’t write on a professional basis, but his best friend does and has even published a book filled with beautiful poems! Most of them are really sad, because he wrote them when he had incredible love sickness due to his ex- girlfriend… but they are really beautiful and deserve to be published Though I am not a romantic person, I have read every single one of them.. now, my boyfriend definitely tries to make a romantic person out of me by writing poems and sending flowers to me :P (I guess he is a bit jealous because of his best friends book) Due to that, he got a candlelight dinner in return the last time, he came home with flowers :P))

What a wad of bitches

tedbear

And in any ways - nobody is a bit** - as long as it comes upt to me For me writing is not only limited to poems, there can be so much more in it, writing a novel would be high-end, that feeling of holding your own book in your own hands, damn good!

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

SugarSandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedbear View Post
And in any ways - nobody is a bit** - as long as it comes upt to me For me writing is not only limited to poems, there can be so much more in it, writing a novel would be high-end, that feeling of holding your own book in your own hands, damn good!

I totally agree with you in every sense Becoming a published author, though you are green to this, must be an incredible feeling! After my boyfriends’ friend told us, that novum publishing is willing to accept his manuscript, we didn’t believe him… especially because we didn’t know, that he is that talented, since then. But now, we are really proud of him! Not only because he can hold his own book in his own hands, but also because he found a rather impressive way to deal with his own feelings

Straw Man
RuHo

tee hee

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

cooz needs to lay off the commas

I was a young boy that had big plans
Now I'm just another shitty old man

tedbear

But as a last question - he had to pay it or not? And what was included?
@ Blister: well, yes! Just put it down!

SugarSandy

Yep, he had to pay a small amount but he got things like editorial, layout, graphics, advertising and PR etc. in return. As far as I can remember, you can choose between three different packages but normally, they are specified to the authors’ preferences furthermore, you will have to fill out a questionnaire at the beginning of the “process”, which includes questions about layout, graphics and so on… they will consider your preferences regarding to those topics and due to that, they won’t make any decision without the authors permission