General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Deals and Steals
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Redefine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey
If I were to scan my ID and get it to you, would you be willing to ship the SKS in peices? (You can ship it disassembled)

If he were to ship it anywhere it would have to go through an FFL, the only way he can skip an FFL is if he does a face to face in his own state. He could ship it in parts to you directly, but it would have to be minus the receiver (that's what ATF considers the actual firearm). If he were to do that you would lose the pre-ban status of that rifle and would have to lose two of the features before you could reassemble it:

1) folding stock (could be pinned in the extended position)
2) flash supressor
3) detachable magazine
4) Pistol grip

Since (presumably) this was put together before the Clinton AWB it has pre-ban status and is perfectly legal in it's current state. But if you make any modifications to it, it will lose pre-ban status and technically be illegal. With the AWB sunset in September and the chances of it getting renewed being less likely the closer we get to it, you could have him ship it minus the receiver and reassemble it after September and be perfectly fine.

Overrdrive: If you have any questions about shipping either one (if you decide to go that route) send me a PM and I'll help you with the details.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

OvrrDrive

Wow, you guys were busy here last night.

DHermit, as long as the person I meet face to face is 21 or over, I could really care less what you guys do with it after you drive away. PM me with details if you still want it.

obi_ant, why would I need that?

The answer is of course I don't need it. But when I saw the ban coming I knew it would be my last chance to have one and at the time that was enough. It's really fun to shoot, and looks cool to boot. So i guess the answer to your question is because i wanted it.

mopho manners , it would be a whole lot simpler for me to sell it face to face. Let me see what I can turn up with it, but if it doesn't sell in a few weeks we can investigate that route.

Redefine, I may take you up on that offer, thanks. I'm going to try to sell it in person first though.

Bowlcut

It is strictly illegal to cross state lines to sell a weapon also. Its because of the tax structure. You would be arrested (if caught) for tax fraud and illegal sale of a firearm. To sell to someone that resides in another state you have to go though the local FFL to that person. So you couldnt pop up to Georgia and sell it to someone there unless you took it to an FFL and allowed them to do the paper work for you.

[M] GNU/Linux crew

OvrrDrive

Btw, I guess the SKS could go to an 18 year old... The pistol is going to have to 21 though for my own satisfaction.

drewxhawaii
D.R.E.W. is the worst [M]ember. He is M|22's sex slave

damnit, i want a fricking handgun. (doesnt want to wait 2 moar years)

on that note, i want to be able to buy alcohol too :P

OvrrDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlcut
It is strictly illegal to cross state lines to sell a weapon also. Its because of the tax structure. You would be arrested (if caught) for tax fraud and illegal sale of a firearm. To sell to someone that resides in another state you have to go though the local FFL to that person. So you couldnt pop up to Georgia and sell it to someone there unless you took it to an FFL and allowed them to do the paper work for you.

Btw, I think you're wrong about that as it relates to private sellers. The only regulations I have to adhere to are federal dealing with transportation and possession etc. There are no state regulations I have to mind at all in a private sale afaik.

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

Tree Fiddy?

HavoKane
pwned

dibs on sks

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoKane
dibs on sks

You're like 8-hours late.

OvrrDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoKane
dibs on sks

The sks is still available if you can do a face to face deal. It will be several weeks before I consider shipping either weapon.

OvrrDrive

Finally... More pics!

These are all thumbs. Click them if you're not on 56k.

The sks needs a little cleaning. Rest assured it will be spotless on arrival. I've taken good care of it but what can I say?

It was a cheap gun to begin with. :P

Last edited by OvrrDrive; 05-01-2004 at 02:13 PM..

HavoKane
pwned

i want that gun so much. but i gotta sell my saxophone before i can buy anything. and i live in virginia. and im only 16. so. i was just fantisizing. man i want that gun. but i think im gonna buy a computer instead. i dont know. i'd have to have my mom buy it from you. meh.

OvrrDrive

If it makes you feel any better, the gun is amazingly fun to shoot. :P

It has about as much recoil as a 22 long, and is accurate as hell. When I lived out in BFE I took a few pot shots at a stray dog that wouldn't leave my lab alone and at over 300 yards open sighted I missed him by about a foot each time. Luckily I gave up before I got the bastard.

Plus it's fun to fold back the stock and run through the woods like you're Rambo or something...

HavoKane
pwned

lol, cool

2slow
Whatsisname
I'm a pederast. 12yr old boys turn me on!

its illegal to sell handguns to people under 21, and its illegal for an under 21 year old to own a pistol anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvrrDrive
Btw, I guess the SKS could go to an 18 year old... The pistol is going to have to 21 though for my own satisfaction.
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

RMS of the [M] GNU\Linux Krew 2006