General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Deals and Steals
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

tequila_jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsisname
, and its illegal for an under 21 year old to own a pistol anyway.

Not necessarily. Depends on your local laws.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Aseras

I'm in Palm Bay.. definaltly interested in the 457. What you doing next weekend? I can drive up

I'd not mind getting a look at the SKS either.. but that'd have to wait until next paycheck.. unless you take credit cards

Last edited by Aseras; 05-01-2004 at 07:04 PM..

Aseras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsisname
its illegal to sell handguns to people under 21, and its illegal for an under 21 year old to own a pistol anyway.

Gun laws do NOT apply to private sales.

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

OvrrDrive, do I officially have dibs on the SKS if you don't make a face-to-face sale?

OvrrDrive

Assuming the deal goes as planned, Aseras has bought the .45.

Zangmonkey, if it comes to shipping it out, you have dibs. Although, let me be clear in that I would much rather sell it face to face. Shipping it is a last resort. But if I do, it's yours.

akghetto
G[H]etto|Dalai|Lama
fka G[H]etto|Dalai|Lama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila_jr
Not necessarily. Depends on your local laws.

Exactly. Here in Alaska, you only have to be 18. Federal is of course 21, so basically I can't BUY a handgun myself, but if someone gives me one, I'm cool (which is what my uncle did 2 christmases ago...). August I can finally buy my own handgun (I'm getting a Walther P99 40SW if anyone cares)...

Plazmattack
I'm the fatest mexican in the world. <3 burninator

You're not interested in next daying it to a licensed fire arm place?
Fat Mexican of Team OWK

suffocate
Ariez

Im also look to buy a handgun. Im almost 21. I live in NYC so getting a handgun would probably take about 25 years (longer than the time i would of spend in prison if i killed a guy with a gun )

You stated that you shot a dog 300 yards away and missed only by half a ft? Thats really hard to believe. Im not even sure if the bullet will travel 300 yeards let alone hit something and missing the target by half a ft.

im2smrt4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariez
Im also look to buy a handgun. Im almost 21. I live in NYC so getting a handgun would probably take about 25 years (longer than the time i would of spend in prison if i killed a guy with a gun )

You stated that you shot a dog 300 yards away and missed only by half a ft? Thats really hard to believe. Im not even sure if the bullet will travel 300 yeards let alone hit something and missing the target by half a ft.

There are snipers with confirmed kills out to thousands of yards. It isn't impossible. Granted, that is with high end optics and long rifles, but I doubt 300 yards is impossible for a handgun, especially since the bullets travel faster than the speed of sound (about 331 meters per second).

OvrrDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariez

A 22 rimfire is deadly to 5 miles. Wouldn't you think a 7.62x39 would be a little more powerfull than that?

I assure you it is quite possible. While I didn't measure the distance out, there was a 1-2 second lead time from when I shot until the bullet hit the ground. You're just going to have to take my word for it I guess.

OvrrDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plazmattack
You're not interested in next daying it to a licensed fire arm place?

Only if I can't sell it to someone in person. There is a possibility that Aseras may buy both of them.

Let me give it a few weeks to see if I can hand it to someone then I'll definitely ship it. I don't know what they charge, but by the time you add shipping to either weapon it probably won't be that good of a deal.

Morte
Cyst-M
Oh sure. I'll just swing it with my arms.

Hmm..

That Handgun is tempting...

And I'm in Deltona.. Ocala's nothing for me to drive to..

Aseras

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvrrDrive
A 22 rimfire is deadly to 5 miles. Wouldn't you think a 7.62x39 would be a little more powerfull than that?

I assure you it is quite possible. While I didn't measure the distance out, there was a 1-2 second lead time from when I shot until the bullet hit the ground. You're just going to have to take my word for it I guess.

AFAIK a normal 22 is only dangerous up to just over 3 miles. Dangerous as in causing harm.. not deadly. It's probably only deadly ~ 2/3 mile. But then again the golden bb/bullet theory holds true. you could get lucky. that's why you always play it safe and don't take chances.

Now as far as accuracy. the 457 here is a .45 acp round so it should be great to well over 300 yards. assuming the shooter can aim. Really though these handguns are not for hitting something far away the are for oh shit factor and up close and personal defense.

OvrrDrive

Actually, the gun i shot to that range was the SKS, not the .45 ACP. While I would expect the 45 to have plenty of knockdown power at that range, shooting an open sighted handgun to that range would probably be a waste of ammo. Had I not stopped shooting when I did, it was just a matter of rounds until I connected with the SKS.

See you next weekend.

OvrrDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyst-M
Hmm..

That Handgun is tempting...

And I'm in Deltona.. Ocala's nothing for me to drive to..

Aseras is first in line and I should know for sure by this coming weekend if he's taking it.

Edit. I have a second in line on another forum... Would you like third?

Last edited by OvrrDrive; 05-02-2004 at 05:03 PM..