General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Deals and Steals
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

OvrrDrive

If I still have it Monday, let's try to do this...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

OvrrDrive

Aseras... I left you a voicemail. Gimme a call ok?

Everythings cleaned up and spit-shined, ready for tomorrow.

By the way, I may have an alternate buyer for the .45 if you change your mind. Just let me know ASAP so I can try to unload this thing...

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

What's the situation look like on the SKS?

Maniacal142
Badluck Schleprock

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2smrt4u
There are snipers with confirmed kills out to thousands of yards. It isn't impossible. Granted, that is with high end optics and long rifles, but I doubt 300 yards is impossible for a handgun, especially since the bullets travel faster than the speed of sound (about 331 meters per second).

300 yards with a pistol is highly unlikely, to say the least.

w00t1337
Sanjay's love child

I want the SKS but I live in either Texas or Tennessee. What would be the best way for you to ship it?
STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #18

Formerly: w00t1337, Sanjito, Sandwich Man

aussiehax is my hero

blinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsisname
if anything, the handgun would be the gang member you mentioned earlier. Simple answer to why a civilian would need a military rifle: if they are needed as a militia to protect their land from invading nations or to topple an oppressive government, they will become military of their own.

I could have said that alot better.
id rather have a .0001% of a country invading us when were not armed, then a .01% chance that ur kid or ur friends kids will blow his fucking head off
Pink Floyd Lover

OvrrDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t1337
I want the SKS but I live in either Texas or Tennessee. What would be the best way for you to ship it?

You have first alternate spot on the SKS right now... If it doesn't sell face to face by the end of this weekend, I'm going to try to deal with Zangmonkey for it. If that falls through it's yours.

2slow
Whatsisname
I'm a pederast. 12yr old boys turn me on!

*we're
*your
*than

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky
id rather have a .0001% of a country invading us when were not armed, then a .01% chance that ur kid or ur friends kids will blow his fucking head off
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

RMS of the [M] GNU\Linux Krew 2006

OvrrDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky

I really don't want to turn this into a political debate thread, but that's one of the most assinine comments thus far in this thread.

If they did somehow manage to outlaw every type of gun in the US, and take every gun out of the hands of all of the citizens, I bet the odds would be closer to a 10% chance we'd be invaded by some opportunistic country.

Guns are a part of our heritage, our culture. Whether you like them or not, they're here to stay.

OvrrDrive

The .45 is gone... Aseras is the new happy owner.

Zangmonkey, assuming I don't get any more interest in the SKS by the end of the weekend, how do you want to handle payment? I need to have either a money order or some other form of payment that I can turn into cash before I ship it.

Also, I'll have to go into the post office personally and ask the details of how to do it from someone that works there.

This makes me nervous... I'd hate to walk in with it and get bumrushed.

Aseras did say that he would like to buy it in a few weeks, but if we can do it online sooner, we can look into it.

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvrrDrive

Zangmonkey, assuming I don't get any more interest in the SKS by the end of the weekend, how do you want to handle payment? I need to have either a money order or some other form of payment that I can turn into cash before I ship it.

Also, I'll have to go into the post office personally and ask the details of how to do it from someone that works there.

Aseras did say that he would like to buy it in a few weeks, but if we can do it online sooner, we can look into it.

I can send payment via Western Union, where you should be able to go to a grocery store that hosts one within 2 minutes of my payment and cash out. However, there is a bit of a fee charged to me on that sort of cash transfer.
I could send you paypal, they charge a 2% fee to the receiver. Paypal is my prefferred method of payment.

There are guides on the web about how to ship it, but I supposed you could go into the PO *without the rifle* and ask the postmaster how to ship it.

OvrrDrive

Ok. I poked around Western Union's site and if you send me $313 it will cost $350 to do. Out of the $313 left, I'll cover shipping and whatever else I have to do to ship it.

I have a Western Union less than 2 minutes away from me.

I know this puts you taking all of the risks, but I can't think of a better way to do it so I know I get paid. Hopefully Aseras can vouch for me that I don't seem like a scam artist or anything.

If this arrangement is ok with you, and I still have it after this weekend, I'll go to the PO on lunch Monday and find out the details. I hate to keep putting you off, but the deals are so much easier in person. Thanks for being cool about it.

Look for a post or PM from me tomorrow night.

Aseras

I'll totally vouch for OvrrDrive. We met up, bought some ammo and took the guns out the the range to for a test drive. I'd love to have both, but this is car payment/ mortgage/car insurance paycheck and I just don't have the liquid cash to do it. The SKS is in great shape, he also says he has the original stock and various other things for it. I didn't shoot it but it looks good. OvrrrDrive takes very nice care of his guns, he broke out his cleaning kit and cleaned the 457 up in record time and showed me how to break it down ( BTW I still can't get the damn thing apart )

What I'd suggest is a Postal money order, they are 90 cents up to 500. You get postal privledges, if whomever rips whomever off, it's federal mail fraud and generally the post office will refund your money within 60 days. Shipping is another thing.
Quote:
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b1

A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. A nonlicensee may not transfer any firearm to a nonlicensed resident of another state. The Postal Service recommends that longguns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearm
However, this may be helpful.
Quote:
. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the state where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.

Redefine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvrrDrive

To ship through the USPS you would have to have your FFL ship to his FFL. You can ship via UPS or fed ex directly from you to his FFL, but they require overnight shipping. With the size and weight of the SKS expect to be at least $60 if not more. Also, you have to make sure that his FFL will take shipments from a non FFL as some are picky about that. It most likely will be cheaper to find an FFL that will ship for you and pay his fee and shipping costs through USPS. Gunbroker maintains a list of them willing to do transfers, so just look them up and ask their transfer price.

OvrrDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redefine
To ship through the USPS you would have to have your FFL ship to his FFL. You can ship via UPS or fed ex directly from you to his FFL, but they require overnight shipping. With the size and weight of the SKS expect to be at least $60 if not more. Also, you have to make sure that his FFL will take shipments from a non FFL as some are picky about that. It most likely will be cheaper to find an FFL that will ship for you and pay his fee and shipping costs through USPS. Gunbroker maintains a list of them willing to do transfers, so just look them up and ask their transfer price.

Actually, according to this: http://www.gunbroker.com/user/ShippingGuide.asp you have that a little off.

USPS I can ship to an individual in my state, or to a FFL holder in another.

UPS has to be from an FFL holder to an FFL holder.

I'm not sure of Fedx.

As for cost to ship, I don't think it weighs much more than 10 pounds or so, and with the folding stock it isn't really that big. I'm thinking with insurance, I should be able to ship it for $20 or so... Hopefully.