General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Deals and Steals
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

OvrrDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aseras
I'll totally vouch for OvrrDrive.

( BTW I still can't get the damn thing apart )

Thanks for the plug and the links... Now it looks like the easiest way to ship it would be if he gave me an all expenses paid trip to Nevada to go hunting. Yep, I think that's the way to go. Then i can just ship it to him to hold for me.

Even though we could probably get away with it, Technically to transfer ownership, which we're doing, I guess it needs to go to an FFL holder. Those ATF guys can get downright nasty at times.

You might have missed it when I did it, but I used a little screwdriver to push the pin out of the .45. Hold the slide back with your left hand, then when the notch is lined up, punch the pin out with your right. I know I made it look easy, but it will be easy for you after a few times too.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvrrDrive
Thanks for the plug and the links... Now it looks like the easiest way to ship it would be if he gave me an all expenses paid trip to Nevada to go hunting. Yep, I think that's the way to go. Then i can just ship it to him to hold for me.

Even though we could probably get away with it, Technically to transfer ownership, which we're doing, I guess it needs to go to an FFL holder. Those ATF guys can get downright nasty at times.

You might have missed it when I did it, but I used a little screwdriver to push the pin out of the .45. Hold the slide back with your left hand, then when the notch is lined up, punch the pin out with your right. I know I made it look easy, but it will be easy for you after a few times too.

Heh, you can ship it to yourself care of me and I promise not to open it until you get here for your trip
That would save me the 40$ transfer fee and be a much simpler way to ship it.

OvrrDrive

Ok, first, I found the receiver cover (or whatever you call it) that came with the gun. Aesthetically, the only thing that's really wrong with it as it is, is that the receiver cover I bought that was tapped and included the scope didn't fit right so I ad to modify it. After some rough dremel work, it worked and fit fine so I didn't worry about it.

The stock cover is mint and was only on the gun for a few hours. I never actually shot the gun with it on. If the looks of the aftermarket version bothers you, you can change it to the original one. I'll send it with the gun.

Second, I have the wood stock that came on it too. I'll also send it along. If you ever wanted to hunt with it, you could put the wood stock back on it and get a box magazine and be legal. I couldn't find the original box magazine that came with it. It's either hidden or I threww it away. I never figured I'd sell this when I bought it.

Here is a pic of the stock and the cover.It's a thumbnail, click for the larger image.

If you still want to buy it it's yours. You indicated that if I shipped it, you'd pay the original asking price for it, and being fair I'll accept the $313 from Western Union (with fees = $350) and I'll pay the shipping out of the remainder. Of course, that will be some sort of priority shipping with insurance. That will be the gun as you see it in the pics, only cleaner as I cleaned it Friday night again, the orignal stock, and the original receiver cover.

I have tomorrow off, so I'll go to the post office and get verbal directions to proceed. I'll also have to find a box to ship it in as well. Conceiveably, I could mail it Tuesday or Wednesday on my lunch if all goes well.

Deal?

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Ok, first, I found the receiver cover (or whatever you call it) that came with the gun. Aesthetically, the only thing that's really wrong with it as it is, is that the receiver cover I bought that was tapped and included the scope didn't fit right so I ad to modify it. After some rough dremel work, it worked and fit fine so I didn't worry about it.

The stock cover is mint and was only on the gun for a few hours. I never actually shot the gun with it on. If the looks of the aftermarket version bothers you, you can change it to the original one. I'll send it with the gun.

Second, I have the wood stock that came on it too. I'll also send it along. If you ever wanted to hunt with it, you could put the wood stock back on it and get a box magazine and be legal. I couldn't find the original box magazine that came with it. It's either hidden or I threww it away. I never figured I'd sell this when I bought it.

Here is a pic of the stock and the cover.It's a thumbnail, click for the larger image.

If you still want to buy it it's yours. You indicated that if I shipped it, you'd pay the original asking price for it, and being fair I'll accept the $313 from Western Union (with fees = $350) and I'll pay the shipping out of the remainder. Of course, that will be some sort of priority shipping with insurance. That will be the gun as you see it in the pics, only cleaner as I cleaned it Friday night again, the orignal stock, and the original receiver cover.

I have tomorrow off, so I'll go to the post office and get verbal directions to proceed. I'll also have to find a box to ship it in as well. Conceiveably, I could mail it Tuesday or Wednesday on my lunch if all goes well.

Deal?

Sounds great, did you want to ship it to yourself care of me?
I'll send Western Union as soon you give me the following information (required by Western Union to send):
Your full name
your address
the city and state in which you intend to pickup money.
and your phone number (for my security)

When I send money, I will get a Money Controll Number, which I will PM to you right away or I can call and tell it to you if you are in a hurry.

Let me know via PM, as your address is sensetive information.

OvrrDrive

Cool. Let me go to the post office and get the details tomorrow then we'll seal this thing up. I want to do this legally, as in you're going to need a person with an FFL for me to ship it to.

Look at it this way, this thread has been viewed like 1200 times... All it takes is one LEO or BATF officer...

I'll PM you tomorrow with the final info and we'll get this done. I'm in no hurry.

Thanks for being patient.

Zangmonkey

Quote:
Cool. Let me go to the post office and get the details tomorrow then we'll seal this thing up. I want to do this legally, as in you're going to need a person with an FFL for me to ship it to.

Look at it this way, this thread has been viewed like 1200 times... All it takes is one LEO or BATF officer...

I'll PM you tomorrow with the final info and we'll get this done. I'm in no hurry.

Thanks for being patient.

Ok then, I need to contact a local gun store and see what information they need.

4Play420

overdrive, im in deland, which is very close
what size shell does it use,brand etc. do you have any ammo etc., and also please post better pics, or pm them to me. thanks alot
BIG Chad

do you need anything in trade also
comp shit,car audio etc. ANYTHING
thanks

edit:nm saw pics, goddamn this is a long thread

Last edited by 4Play420; 05-10-2004 at 08:04 AM..

OvrrDrive

Dude... You're 1 day too late. I have already promised it to Zangmonkey if we can get the deal sorted out.

If he passes on it it's your's if you want it.

Btw, the only trade item I'm looking for is a Yamaha pw50. Otherwise it will be cash.

OvrrDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey
Ok then, I need to contact a local gun store and see what information they need.

I went to the Post office today and it's going to be no problem at all to ship it. She said the only things I need to do is seperate the receiver from the gun and wrap it up. Also, I don't need any information on the FFL holder except his address. I asked the lady how they verify the FFL and she said they know by the address if they get shipments of that type.

The box will not be marked that it's a gun, but I am supposed to tell them that's what's inside it when I ship it. I would just ship it to you, but the laws I would be breaking would be federal laws, and I'm not willing to do that.

The biggest problem I'm having is finding a box to put the thing in. I thought I had one that would work but it's the wrong size so I'm going back out to get a better one. I did buy a roll of bubble wrap and it's all wrapped up and ready for a box.

I'm PM'ing the personal info now.

OvrrDrive

Here you go Zangmonkey... Pics of what I did and the packing. After everything was in the box, I filled plastic bags with wadded newspaper and stuffed the box to the top. It's packed pretty well I think...

http://ovrrdrive.made2own.com/SKS/

Zangmonkey

YGPM with Western Union info.

Aseras

enjoy ZM that's a sweet gun.

OvrrDrive

Zangmonkey, I PM'd you back... They want me to put all of your info on the sheet too. I need your name, city, state, and phone number...

At the store I went to, the computers were down anyhow so i wouldn't have been able to get it from there anyhow. PM me the info and I'll get it in the morning.

Last edited by OvrrDrive; 05-11-2004 at 02:47 AM..

OvrrDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aseras
enjoy ZM that's a sweet gun.

Sorry man... Money talks.

Did you figure out the dissassembly on the 457 yet?

Zangmonkey

I'm really sorry man. I thought all you needed was the MCTN.
It's 8 PM PST now, so I don't want to call you.
I PM'd you all the info you need: Name, Address, Phone