General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Deals and Steals
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
1110
Most Popular Searches: 1. HTML 2. Lesbian
 
First of all, please stop calling people "sacks of shit," etc, in this thread. Next, let me just make a few things clear.

1) I know what a tracking number is. I have always known what one is. What I got confused between was "Delivery confirmation" and "signature confirmation". I mistakenly thought "delivery confirmation" meant the receiver has to sign for it. Moving on..

2) Please stop bringing up the "throwing over the gate" ordeal. The fact is I did not receive a Gamecube, not that I received a broken one. The whole "throwing over the gate" is a non-issue in this argument. And, for the last time, the mailman does NOT throw heavier packages over the gate.

3) Someone earlier in this thread said i "opted out" of insurance. Chris did not specifically ask me if I wanted insurance. If I directly said "no, i do not want to pay for insurance," the matter would be different. But he never approached me about it. Now, the generic response to this is going to be "well, you should have approached him," and yes, I agree, but I thought it would be a non-issue (edit: Getting insurance did not even cross my mind. That's what I was trying to say) because of all the other shipments he was sending out simultaneously.

4) Also, someone mentioned Chris shipped it out on time. Technically, he did not, because he said he "WILL have it shipped out by Friday" (quote) but he shipped it out on Monday without telling me. I only found this out because he started a thread about it.

5) Yes, I went to USPS. They said that regarding compensation I am screwed because there was no insurance on the package. However, I still feel it is the seller's responsibility to get this resolved with USPS, and NOT the buyer's - this is the policy on eBay.

6) Someone in this thread stated "one person is out a Gamecube. one person is out $60." Actually, I am out $60, Chris has the $60, and some mexijeep is playing the Gamecube right now. Basically, the transaction went fine for Chris because he has the money, but not for me - I have no Gamecube.

Chris said that he was going to the post office early this week but never followed up. He always ignored me in the other thread when I approached him about it.

Finally, someone asked if I was considering charging back Paypal if Chris does not feel it is necessary to compensate me in some way. Yes, I intend to call Paypal and look at my options. I will do this tomorrow if Chris does not respond or if we do not get closer to resolving this problem

Last edited by 1110; 05-20-2004 at 05:53 PM..
Old 05-20-2004, 05:18 PM 1110 is offline  
#76  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi_ant
no they fucking DONT you stupid ass mooch! i fucking sent a fucknig cell phone in a padded envonlope, and i TOLD THEM IT WAS A FUCKING CELL PHONE. they did NOT REQUIRE me to DOUBLE box it you sack of shit. i might be wrong but PLEASE show me where it says i have to double box eletronices.

OK, USPS website blows, so I haven't found it online. I believe it's stated on the insurance form itself, and have been told by USPS postal employees that insurance claims will be denied if electronics are not double boxed. I get this information everytime I ship electronics with insurance becuase they always ask me "is it double boxed?, becuase for electronics, they require it to be double boxed...." so at the moment it is my word only, and i don't have a USPS insurance form to scan in. If anyone else has this info, please jump in. I'll email USPS and ask specifically about this, but a response will take time. I did however find this site below:

How Insurance Works



Can't find the specific info @ UPS at the moment as well, I'll fire off an email to them as well....until that is replied to, here is a snipit from UPS's packing guidelines:




this is what i have so far, i have yet to hit fedex or dhl........

BTW, your gradeschool insulting language shows what a you are..
Old 05-20-2004, 05:29 PM topcat989 is offline  
#77  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi_ant
i've mailed tons of stuff like that, the post office did nothing as they AWLAYS ask you what is IN the box. so who's fault is this? not chris's it's the post office's fault. if chris told them it was a game system and the post office did nothing becasue it was supposed to be double boxed (as the other guy is looking into it) than it's the post office's fault. you=

it's not like they would refuse to ship it you , just that they would refuse(deny) an insurance claim

and you've "mailed tons of stuff like that"? just another reason among many not to deal with a fucktard like you. you make the top of my DNT list, I'm sure mine isn't the only one you'll be on with that attitude
Old 05-20-2004, 05:34 PM topcat989 is offline  
#78  

a3matrix
 
chris doesn't owe 1110 shit.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:34 PM a3matrix is offline  
#79  

obi_ant
 
obi_ant's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1110
First of all, please stop calling people "sacks of shit," etc, in this thread. Next, let me just make a few things clear.

1) I know what a tracking number is. I have always known what one is. What I got confused between was "Delivery confirmation" and "signature confirmation". I mistakenly thought "delivery confirmation" meant the receiver has to sign for it. Moving on..
okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1110
2) Please stop bringing up the "throwing over the gate" ordeal. The fact is I did not receive a Gamecube, not that I received a broken one. The whole "throwing over the gate" is a non-issue in this argument. And, for the last time, the mailman does NOT throw heavier packages over the gate.
okay.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1110
3) Someone earlier in this thread said i "opted out" of insurance. Chris did not specifically ask me if I wanted insurance. If I directly said "no, i do not want to pay for insurance," the matter would be different. But he never approached me about it. Now, the generic response to this is going to be "well, you should have approached him," and yes, I agree, but I thought it would be a non-issue because of all the other shipments he was sending out simultaneously.
from my experince from [h], [m] and ebay along with half.com, the seller asks for insturance even if the seller does not. anyways how can you think instrurance is a non issue? i mean just becasue he ships out a few other things as well your item is going to be safe? makes no sense to me. you should have asked for insurance even if he did not ask you if you wanted it. when i sell people ask if i supply insurance, i say no, they tell me to get it and they pay me for it. simple as that. what does it matter if he is shipping it with other things or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1110
4) Also, someone mentioned Chris shipped it out on time. Technically, he did not, because he said he "WILL have it shipped out by Friday" (quote) but he shipped it out on Monday without telling me. I only found this out because he started a thread about it.
so he missed it by 1 day (sundays are closed), people have things to do. this is not an issue. the point is he sent the cube out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1110
5) Yes, I went to USPS. They said that regarding compensation I am screwed because there was no insurance on the package. However, I still feel it is the seller's responsibility to get this resolved with USPS, and NOT the buyer's - this is the policy on eBay.
without insurance, i feel that it is the buyer's responsibilty to check out what happened. it has been proven that chris shipped out the item. and that the gamecube was stolen half way during transit. while it would be nice that he helped you, he does not need to becasue tehre is no insurance, he did his job he shipped it, it is out of his hands. while this might sound un-fair, but this is why insurance is there. why do you most e-bay auctions say, 'i cannot do anything if insurance is not brought'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1110
6) Someone in this thread stated "one person is out a Gamecube. one person is out $60." Actually, I am out $60, Chris has the $60, and some mexijeep is playing the Gamecube right now. Basically, the transaction went fine for Chris because he has the money, but not for me - I have no Gamecube.
chris essentily does not even have $60. -shipping and -the money paypal took out. he has less than $60. he has about $50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1110
Chris said that he was going to the post office early this week but never followed up. He always ignored me in the other thread when I approached him about it.

Finally, someone asked if I was considering charging back Paypal if Chris does not feel it is necessary to compensate me in some way. Yes, I intend to call Paypal and look at my options. I will do this tomorrow if Chris does not respond or if we do not get closer to resolving this problem
you can go to palpal with it, but i doubt that paypal will pay you anything as you didn't have insurance and he has proof that he shipped it.

while i do feel for you for losing out on your money. i've never seen you apoligize to chris once about you constantly harassing him, and calling him a troll from the start. you didn't e-mail or contact him here. i don't blame him for blocknig you.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:41 PM obi_ant is offline  
#80  

obi_ant
 
obi_ant's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989
it's not like they would refuse to ship it you , just that they would refuse(deny) an insurance claim

and you've "mailed tons of stuff like that"? just another reason among many not to deal with a fucktard like you. you make the top of my DNT list, I'm sure mine isn't the only one you'll be on with that attitude


whatever i dont need to sell anything to you, the people who i've sold to have ALL been happy with my shipping. i use padded envolopes with tracking number standard. just look at my heat. while i dont ship like chris i make sure things do not get damaged.

oh by the way, i got insurance on my little envolope package. so hey guess what? shove it.

i frankly dont care about my grammer or language, oh yea, i have an insurance receipt for my envelope.



so even if chris were required to double box it, shouldn't usps be at fault for not telling him to double box it?

Last edited by obi_ant; 05-20-2004 at 05:47 PM..
Old 05-20-2004, 05:43 PM obi_ant is offline  
#81  

2slow
Whatsisname
I'm a pederast. 12yr old boys turn me on!
 
2slow's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
I say you guys split the money.
__________________
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

RMS of the [M] GNU\Linux Krew 2006
Old 05-20-2004, 05:58 PM 2slow is offline  
#82  

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit
 
$30/$30.

Both are at fault, both should suffer a loss, both should get something in return.

Jeez, it isn't that hard...
__________________
Moose's brother.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET
Old 05-20-2004, 06:04 PM Mr. Greg is offline  
#83  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi_ant
.......from my experince from [h], [m] and ebay along with half.com, the seller asks for insturance even if the seller does not. anyways how can you think instrurance is a non issue? i mean just becasue he ships out a few other things as well your item is going to be safe? makes no sense to me. you should have asked for insurance even if he did not ask you if you wanted it. when i sell people ask if i supply insurance, i say no, they tell me to get it and they pay me for it. simple as that. what does it matter if he is shipping it with other things or not?

OK, nice to see a civilized post, I'll reply the same......

this whole issue would be different if chris had simply packed properly. Most people (even the ones that say 1100 is SOL) agree that the paking was not good. chris himself has admitted this. please look through this thread and read (or re-read) the posts about packing. It is a factor in this situation. It's so clear, that:

If the GC was packed right, where people handling it could not see that it was a GC (at the very least a GC box), then it would not have been stolen. Chris didn't hold up his side of the deal as a seller: he failed to pack the GC in a reasonalble, common sense fashion, and that directly played a part of this whole drama. Dude, I would be much more on your line of thinking if chris had only packed it right. I just don't understand how you and fOOker don't see the light at least on this one, narrow point. chris, himself, has admitted his packing job was not up to standards. Fuck, he packed a non fragile game better than he did the GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi_ant
without insurance, i feel that it is the buyer's responsibilty to check out what happened.

maybe so, but if I was the seller it I would chip in and help as much as I could. Maybe that's a weakness to you guys or something, but I would feel a certain amount of obligation.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi_ant
it has been proven that chris shipped out the item. and that the gamecube was stolen half way during transit. while it would be nice that he helped you, he does not need to becasue tehre is no insurance, he did his job he shipped it, it is out of his hands. while this might sound un-fair, but this is why insurance is there. why do you most e-bay auctions say, 'i cannot do anything if insurance is not brought'

while they do say that they can't help you if no insurance is bought, they are supposed to take reasonable measures to pack it well enough for the normal hazards of shipping.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by obi_ant
chris essentily does not even have $60. -shipping and -the money paypal took out. he has less than $60. he has about $50.

i don't understand your point on that one. what matters is what 1100 is out, becuase he paid $60 to chris for a GC. He didn't get the GC, becuase it was stolen, and it was stolen becuase of the lame packing made it a very tempting "crime of opportunitty". Like i said ealier, it was the same as leaving a purse on the front seat of a car. common sense says you don't do that. You don't deserve to get ripped off, but it was something that was easily preventable. something that chris failed to do.......anyways, back on point. 1100 is out $60. It is chris's fault he's out $60. what chris has after shipping and pay pal fees has no bearing......

this would be different if chris had only packed the GC like he did for a game that was much less seciptable to:

1)damage

2)being ripped off becuase everyone who handled the package could clealy see what it's contents were......
Old 05-20-2004, 06:08 PM topcat989 is offline  
#84  

edplayer
no
 
edplayer's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_barkey
you democrats are amazing, the packaging looks just fine fucktards




what makes you think democrats think it was a shitty packaging job?
__________________
[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381610]0/0 = undefined, it's a vertical line[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-20-2004, 06:14 PM edplayer is offline  
#85  

edplayer
no
 
edplayer's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989
no, it is the theif's fault. what we're saying is that the theif would not have stolen it if it was packed right becuase he wouldn't have known what was in the package.

I have bought 2 dvd players and received them in the same factory box as you would buy it in the store (they come with styrofoam inserts to prevent damage). One of them was from Amazon and I forgot where I got the other one from.

Both Amazon and I expect the package to arrive without the postman stealing it.
__________________
[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381610]0/0 = undefined, it's a vertical line[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-20-2004, 06:17 PM edplayer is offline  
#86  

edplayer
no
 
edplayer's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989
It's the same principle of leaving a purse on the front seat of a car in plain sight for a few hours. out of sight=out of mind......

I got windows on my house. Should we excuse a thief who stole from my house because I left it alone for a few hours?
__________________
[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381610]0/0 = undefined, it's a vertical line[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-20-2004, 06:19 PM edplayer is offline  
#87  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi_ant
whatever i dont need to sell anything to you, the people who i've sold to have ALL been happy with my shipping. i use padded envolopes with tracking number standard. just look at my heat. while i dont ship like chris i make sure things do not get damaged.....

well good for you, maybe for what you ship the padded envolop is enough, as long as you just sell the same thing over and over. I don't think a GC would fit a padded envelope......and 11 pos heat is a good start, keep that up and you'll have 102 pos heat evals like me
and even you admit chris can do better on shipping.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by obi_ant
so even if chris were required to double box it, shouldn't usps be at fault for not telling him to double box it?
no, it's the resposiblity of the seller to take reasonable measure to pack an item properly, and beyond that, to make sure it fits the requirements of the carrier......
Old 05-20-2004, 06:21 PM topcat989 is offline  
#88  

edplayer
no
 
edplayer's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989
OK, USPS website blows, so I haven't found it online. I believe it's stated on the insurance form itself, and have been told by USPS postal employees that insurance claims will be denied if electronics are not double boxed. I get this information everytime I ship electronics with insurance becuase they always ask me "is it double boxed?, becuase for electronics, they require it to be double boxed...." so at the moment it is my word only, and i don't have a USPS insurance form to scan in. If anyone else has this info, please jump in. I'll email USPS and ask specifically about this, but a response will take time. I did however find this site below:

Postal employees have NEVER asked me if I have electronics inside a box I was shipping.

Your guess that it should be stated on the insurance form is correct as relying on whether or not a postal employee discussed it with you is flimsy and hard to prove. I seriously doubt that double boxing electronics is required for insurance to be in effect but it would be written on the insurance form if it was...
__________________
[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381610]0/0 = undefined, it's a vertical line[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-20-2004, 06:24 PM edplayer is offline  
#89  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer
I have bought 2 dvd players and received them in the same factory box as you would buy it in the store (they come with styrofoam inserts to prevent damage). One of them was from Amazon and I forgot where I got the other one from.

Both Amazon and I expect the package to arrive without the postman stealing it.

those packages are probably a little better packed, and would take a little more effort to get into. Also just becuase a box is marked doesn't mean that it will automatically get stolen. just that it is more likely. (if it something of value to the potential thief) ...what would be interesting to know is how would amazon handle it if it did get stolen?(like 1100, you got the box delivered but the VCR was gone) would they tell you you're SOL? another point, a postal theif may be more inclined to leave stuff from big names like amazon and newegg alone, as they have the resources and clout that induviduals don't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edplayer
I got windows on my house. Should we excuse a thief who stole from my house because I left it alone for a few hours?

that doesn't compare. a postal theif who knows the system, and steals something at a time and place mostly of his choosing, a "small" value, easily portable has taken a far, far, smaller risk then someone who thinks of burglerizing a random home. and the GC had to pass thru different anymous hands thought it's journy, it's not like you have a random parade of people taking tours through your house while noone is there....even so, if you are going to leave your house, would you lock doors and windows? if leaving for an extend time don't you make arrangements to have your papers/mail picked up or stoped, someone to check on the house, things like that? all I'm saying is that chris did not take reasonable measures to pack the GC properly, as a result, it was stolen. he should have known better, and he should step up to the plate now....

Last edited by topcat989; 05-20-2004 at 06:43 PM..
Old 05-20-2004, 06:35 PM topcat989 is offline  
#90  

Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.