General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Deals and Steals
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

emorphien

Yeah but I can get 115kB/s for free with verizon if I had the right phone.

Kyle Bennett is a childish prick who hides behind his "power."

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

jkoebel

I will be doing this.

I want a phone company I can get a great data service on, for pretty cheap. (Instructions on the equipment I need to do it a plus.)

Something like T-Mobile + unlimited data, so I can browse the Internet from anywhere, or something.

cassinator

w00t I might have to do this. I have verizon and have wanted to get out of it for a while. And I just switched back to it from tmobile not too long ago But now who do I go with

toyoter91
I "got more" and loved it. (p.s. Tmobil sucks) <3 K

Quote:
Originally Posted by emorphien
Yeah but I can get 115kB/s for free with verizon if I had the right phone.

uses your min but yeah that shit is fast.

toyoter91
I "got more" and loved it. (p.s. Tmobil sucks) <3 K

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassinator
w00t I might have to do this. I have verizon and have wanted to get out of it for a while. And I just switched back to it from tmobile not too long ago But now who do I go with
honestly those are the only two companys to go with. sprint and cingular fuck over too many people

emorphien

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyoter91
uses your min but yeah that shit is fast.
I'd rather use my minutes for unlimited at night or on weekends than pay $20 a month.

Atma Weapon

why would anyone want to leave verizon? you can watch shaq anytime you want!!

actually I got into a 2 year contract with verizon about 3 weeks ago...i wouldnt want to cancel the service, its been pretty good so far, but getting out of the contract would be awesome, is it possible since I so recently signed up for it?

obi_ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty
Qoute
IF THE CHANGES HAVE A MATERIAL ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOU, HOWEVER, YOU CAN END THE AFFECTED SERVICE, WITHOUT ANY EARLY TERMINATION FEE, JUST BY CALLING US WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER WE SEND NOTICE OF THE CHANGE.

I dont see how 40 cents will count as a adverse effect

There are many other things that they're changing with Verizon as well. Which is how I was able to get out of my contract. Another thing is that I've noticed their service is going downhill. I get NO reception as in... SEARCHING FOR NETWORK, at home, work and at school. Horrible.

emorphien

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi_ant
Another thing is that I've noticed their service is going downhill. I get NO reception as in... SEARCHING FOR NETWORK, at home, work and at school. Horrible.
If that's started happening all of a sudden that's usually an indication that your phone has a problem.

DigitalChaos

Quote:
There are many other things that they're changing with Verizon as well. Which is how I was able to get out of my contract. Another thing is that I've noticed their service is going downhill. I get NO reception as in... SEARCHING FOR NETWORK, at home, work and at school. Horrible.
n00b knows not the PRL update

obi_ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by emorphien
If that's started happening all of a sudden that's usually an indication that your phone has a problem.

Nah it slowly started dropping, and everyone at work gets one bar or no bars at work. Does that mean all of their phones are broken as well?

chthhulhu

So how did you get out of it? I want too, but I have called three times and they have said theres nothing they can do without the term fee

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Quote:
For anyone that has a Verizon phone contract - the pay-by-the-month type you will notice on your most recent statement, that, as of October 1st, all lines will be charged a 40c "Administrative Fee."

if you are on a month to month billing plan that means you have already completed 1 year of service under contract with them. You cancel anytime anyway. BUT... If you are in a contract or extended your contract after the first year expired and attempt to cancel they will charge you a termination fee.

edit: Unless what you are saying is that when you are in the middle of a contract, and they change some pricing then you can get out. Is that what you are saying?

Last edited by Lurker; 09-13-2005 at 12:08 PM..

emorphien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
edit: Unless what you are saying is that when you are in the middle of a contract, and they change some pricing then you can get out. Is that what you are saying?
That's the entire point.

chthhulhu

Its works. I just said I saw on my bill that your adding a admin fee and accordning to your customer agreement I can cancel without the term fee and they did. Of course they tried to give me lots of money to stay, but I did'nt... Thanks obi_ant I OWE YOU ONE!!!

EDIT= Had with instead of without

Last edited by chthhulhu; 09-13-2005 at 03:47 PM..