General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Deals and Steals
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Shad0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderWaterman View Post
just post it here

I don't feel comfortable with posting someone's personal identifying info online, when they might not be related to this. It's the name + phone number associated with one of his accounts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Komataguri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0w View Post
I don't feel comfortable with posting someone's personal identifying info online, when they might not be related to this. It's the name + phone number associated with one of his accounts.

Don't post it. Give it to the guy that got screwed, and let him handle it.

If the info you have is wrong, atleast he just has to deal with who got screwed, and not 150 internet toughguys.

Nizofoshizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderWaterman View Post
just post it here

no, christ.

Shad0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri View Post
Don't post it. Give it to the guy that got screwed, and let him handle it.

If the info you have is wrong, atleast he just has to deal with who got screwed, and not 150 internet toughguys.

exactly, that's why i didnt post it. i pmed the name to the buyer but he never replied, i've still got the #......

Killer_B

Here is something for a resource for dealing with cunts (the scammer, of course) like this:

http://www.trollhunters.com/

There are even a few people that volunteer time for helping catch scammers and trolls here, with the following caveat:

The TrollHunters are a small group of volunteers who donate their time to help you – the good trader. While we endeavor to do what we can to assist you, we do have limited time and resources. Therefore unfortunately some lines must be drawn.

Please be advised that we cannot undertake the following:

We cannot and will not pay any expenses or costs relating to a trade disputed.

Phone calls:

Any phone calls in the pursuit of mediating or settling a trade dispute shall be up to the discretion of the Troll Hunter(s) working the case and shall be considered voluntary and not a requirement. Folks, we don't get paid to do this!

Forums that are supported (see “Affiliate Forums”, below):

Trade disputes that develop at affiliated forums will have priority. This is due to the fact that the moderators, staff, and other personnel of those forums DO SUPPORT the Troll Hunters through the sharing of information, proactive in their efforts to run a clean board, and other assistance that is very critical to the resolution of trade disputes. If you have a trade dispute that originated at a non-affiliated forum, we cannot assist except in a very limited case-by-case basis dictated by the case load of the individual Troll Hunters.

If a Moderator/Owner of a Non-Affiliated forum would like to contact us and be willing to supply information that we could not otherwise obtain on it's members, that they should email us at Suggestions@TrollremoveHunters.net.

We cannot assist at eBay or any other auction site. These sites have their own rules and policies in place.

If, in the course of attempting to resolve a trade dispute, it becomes clear that legal action and/or liaison with law enforcement authorities is necessary, please understand that the Troll Hunters will assist in any way possible. But it is the responsibility of the "victim" to file the appropriate paperwork and/or charges. We cannot do that for you, we can only assist!

I do know of some of the names mentioned on this site, one is a moderator for the classifieds section over at the ocforums. (LutaWicasa)

Sorry for the extra verbiage here, but I felt that this is a resource that should be mentioned...Sure, permabanning this fucker's ass here is nothing bad; Unfortunately, it didn't stop him from trying to scam somebody else at another forum.

To the guy that got scammed, I hope you're able to nail this fucker to the wall.

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.

Last edited by Killer_B; 03-07-2008 at 06:47 PM..

Aseras

This involved interstate commerce. Call your local FBI office and contact the postal inspectors.

Quote:
The Mail Fraud statute--18 USC 1341--makes it illegal to cause anything to be sent through the U.S. mails in furtherance of a scheme to defraud. For the purposes of this statute, items sent via commercial carriers such as FedEx, United Parcel Service (UPS), DHL, and others also implicate the Mail Fraud statute.
you can fuck his world up and it'll happen FAST.

I've done it to shitbags who have ripped me off.

Scrooloose

zeos

a deals and steals thread on the verge of vault status, all we need is some pictorial evidence of vigilante justice and this thread will be super notable.

ruffz

hope this fucktard does some nice hard time for screwing you out of your money. fucking scum of the earth. die in a fire

iasdufaowiecjasdlc

I'd like to point out that the OP even used HIS OWN CREDIBILITY to sell the item -- citing his ebay scores and nikeapparel feedback scores. It's quite obvious the OP is a scammer regardless of his past posts and regardless of anything he is accountable for this and should be held responsible. Don't waste your time with his make-believe friends, go after him 100,000% with the police and the IC3.

iasdufaowiecjasdlc

Now you have proof for paypal and your crediting company (via this thread) that he has been lying about the sale and misrepresenting the conditions of the sale and himself all along. PRINT IT OUT and SEND IT TO THEM! URL Included. OPs should lock this thread because it is a huge evidence resource that shouldn't be modified.

mushrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplicitSpirit View Post
Sucks to be you...I got "scammed" a few days ago, but it was for 275 instead...The deal wasn't too good to be true and the seller seemed legit. I filed a PayPal claim and got back whatever was in his account at that time, which was a whopping amount of 38 cents. Something tells me that he didn't try to scam me because there was something left in his account...maybe he died or something, I have no idea.

In any case, I called them quite a few times but no luck. You can still get a chargeback, just be firm with your phonecalls to the CC company. I didn't pay with a CC so it seems that I'm screwed. In any case, PayPal will be getting a call from me every single day to get an earful. If they don't do anything about my case, then let them enjoy their increased call centre costs. Maybe that'll make them become more thorough with the admittance of new members.

Good luck, I know it sucks. Thankfully, I'm not out a huge amount, but I don't have a huge amount of money either :S
If the scammer's account has absolutely no money, $0.00, then their account will be charged a negative balance and you get all your money back.
If on the other hand there's any money at all, such as $0.38, then that' all you get.

I don't know why PayPal does that, but that's how it works.

cpujoe

I'm really hoping for some justice here.

" Love your country, fear your government "

BBnet3000
<ABlix> I WANTED TO BE WITH HER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushrew View Post
If the scammer's account has absolutely no money, $0.00, then their account will be charged a negative balance and you get all your money back.
If on the other hand there's any money at all, such as $0.38, then that' all you get.

I don't know why PayPal does that, but that's how it works.
i would rip them a new asshole for that in repeated emails and over the phone until they gave me my fucking money back.

at the very least, i thought paypal payments were all supposed to be covered by them for a certain amount. (i thought it was $200, or $1000 if you use a paypal credit card or something like that)

Daniel

bump for a fellow Philli guy