General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aseras View Post
Sig mosquito. they retail for $300 NIB and you can grab a used for in the sub $200 range. ( at least I've seen several in the last few months here in fl )

Oh jesus no. Theyre as bad as the P22s.

In 22 pistols your big choices are S&W, Ruger and Browning. Some people like some of the target berettas too but I cant comment on them.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

jfnirvana292
I had this name since 1796.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baz View Post
Just stay away from that Thunderbolt crap. They coat the lead with wax which will foul like a mother.

Learned that...out of 50, i had 6 be duds... and i also had 5 have the casings get caught in the action kinda like a jam..

the winchester wildcat is the cheapest and most problem free so far...

BandontheRun84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baz View Post
Just stay away from that Thunderbolt crap. They coat the lead with wax which will foul like a mother.

The last pack of CCI stingers I picked up had a wax coating on them too...

Barstool

Now I want a 22 pistol.

Nordfal

Got a good Walther P22 for $265. Love the gun. I'll second using Federal bulk .22lr ammo. Rem coats rounds in wax...it bites to try to clean wax out of a barrel.

BTW, works sweet with my new .22lr suppressor. Tactical Innovations TAC65. $250 for the silencer, $200 for the tax stamp...get one!!! The other Clinton (Bill) is the cause of the last gun law fiasco, if MRS gets elected who knows if you'll be able to get a suppressor anymore. That and they are just plain fun.

jfnirvana292
I had this name since 1796.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordfal View Post
Got a good Walther P22 for $265. Love the gun. I'll second using Federal bulk .22lr ammo. Rem coats rounds in wax...it bites to try to clean wax out of a barrel.

BTW, works sweet with my new .22lr suppressor. Tactical Innovations TAC65. $250 for the silencer, $200 for the tax stamp...get one!!! The other Clinton (Bill) is the cause of the last gun law fiasco, if MRS gets elected who knows if you'll be able to get a suppressor anymore. That and they are just plain fun.

You can get a supressor???? Link to legality please?

Nordfal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfnirvana292 View Post

All you need is a class 3 FFL and teh state you live in must allow class 3 items. I am in KY so its open carry, concealed carry, full auto, suppressors, and short barreled rifles.

Goto the closest gun shop, ask the owner if he can sell Class3 or knows of someone. It is relatively easy. Write a check to Uncle Sam for $200, fill out paperwork in duplicate, get fingerprinted in duplicate, pics taken and wait 10weeks to get a pretty stamp. Bout it. Waiting is the hard part.

monkey-boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordfal View Post
All you need is a class 3 FFL and teh state you live in must allow class 3 items. I am in KY so its open carry, concealed carry, full auto, suppressors, and short barreled rifles.

Goto the closest gun shop, ask the owner if he can sell Class3 or knows of someone. It is relatively easy. Write a check to Uncle Sam for $200, fill out paperwork in duplicate, get fingerprinted in duplicate, pics taken and wait 10weeks to get a pretty stamp. Bout it. Waiting is the hard part.

why not just get the local Cleo to do a form #4 sign off?

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey-boy View Post
why not just get the local Cleo to do a form #4 sign off?

That's a step he left off the process that is necessary if you're getting the suppressor registered to an individual, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfnirvana292 View Post

It's somewhat of an involved process, but they're legal in most states, yes. You would first need to either get a threaded barrel for your Buckmark, or get an aftermarket upper that would include a threaded barrel. Tactical Solutions (Tac Sol) makes one, should be able to find a dealer by just googling, but they're out of stock in a lot of places right now.

Once you're ready to get a suppressor, you have lots of choices on which to purchase, as there's quite a few .22lr ones out there. Quality and sound somewhat depend on how much money you're willing to spend...on the low end would be ones like the TAC-65, and high end would be brands like AAC and Gemtech. Like Nordfal said, though, tack $200 onto the price of anything you'd want to buy for a necessary tax stamp payment to Uncle Sam.

I've been doing a lot of research lately on Class III weapons, and I'm either going to grab a TAC-16 for my AR-15, or bite the bullet and splurge for a M-11/9.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET

monkey-boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
That's a step he left off the process that is necessary if you're getting the suppressor registered to an individual, yes.

It's somewhat of an involved process, but they're legal in most states, yes. You would first need to either get a threaded barrel for your Buckmark, or get an aftermarket upper that would include a threaded barrel. Tactical Solutions (Tac Sol) makes one, should be able to find a dealer by just googling, but they're out of stock in a lot of places right now.

Once you're ready to get a suppressor, you have lots of choices on which to purchase, as there's quite a few .22lr ones out there. Quality and sound somewhat depend on how much money you're willing to spend...on the low end would be ones like the TAC-65, and high end would be brands like AAC and Gemtech. Like Nordfal said, though, tack $200 onto the price of anything you'd want to buy for a necessary tax stamp payment to Uncle Sam.

I've been doing a lot of research lately on Class III weapons, and I'm either going to grab a TAC-16 for my AR-15, or bite the bullet and splurge for a M-11/9.

considder your self lucky, my state lets us have mg's but no suppressers..

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey-boy View Post
considder your self lucky, my state lets us have mg's but no suppressers..

My state's one of two that doesn't even allow concealed carry.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET

monkey-boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
My state's one of two that doesn't even allow concealed carry.