General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Syk0tiK
Mongoloidal cunt of Lindsay Lohan proportions who can't fathom the rules. <3 Sarah

My New Firearm - Ruger 345 Stainless

Well, I went gun shopping today and yesterday, I finally settled on the Ruger 345 Stainless .45 ACP. My other two choices were a stainless FN chambered in .40 or a Beretta 92 Police Special (M9)

I settled on the Ruger because even though it was .45 cal, it was still the smallest profile of the guns i was looking at. It is very slim, just over 1 inch wide, this is because the magazine is single stack instead of staggered like the other two, but this limits it to an 8 round mag. 8 rounds should be more than enough though.

The recoil is surprisingly low when compared to the only other pistol i have ever shot, the Beretta M9. Honestly if you complain the recoil is bad on a .45 then you are a severe pussy, grow some manhands. Hell I let my wife shoot it (she is tiny 5'4" and 120lbs) and she didnt even complain at all.

Anyways, I took some pics.

My first 8 round shot group right out of the box at 25 yards.

My second 8 round shot group out of the box again at 25 yards.

Last edited by Syk0tiK; 05-12-2008 at 04:31 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

cpt Jean Luc Pickard

Looks really nice. Is that their latest model?

Syk0tiK
Mongoloidal cunt of Lindsay Lohan proportions who can't fathom the rules. <3 Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt Jean Luc Pickard View Post
Looks really nice. Is that their latest model?

I believe its the latest P series model.

Oh yeah, It was only $474 brand new. Pretty cheap. All the reviews i have read on the internet have said its a great gun, very reliable and rugged. Peoples biggest gripe is the magazine delocker safety feature. For me its not a big deal, i do not plan on firing it without a magazine in anyways.

SoulChaser

This one is actually discontinued, Ruger only sells the model with the picatinny rail, but I am sure lots of gun stores still have this version.

I just started shopping even thoughs its been 2 years since my state handgun test and this is on my short list, nice to see another positive review.

MA class B still has a 10 shot max so I figured why buy a double stack I will never use

BReilley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulChaser View Post
This one is actually discontinued, Ruger only sells the model with the picatinny rail, but I am sure lots of gun stores still have this version.

I just started shopping even thoughs its been 2 years since my state handgun test and this is on my short list, nice to see another positive review.

MA class B still has a 10 shot max so I figured why buy a double stack I will never use

Because gun control and restriction legislation is coming under some supreme-court scrutiny right now, and things may be different soon. One way or another.

Syk0tiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulChaser View Post

The crappy thing is they had both versions at the store for the same price, the one i originally looked at was the one with the rail. The one they brought in from the back sealed in the original box was the one without the rail. I did not notice this until after i bought it and shot it.

O well, it does not really matter to me since i wont use the rail anyways.

Radeky

Is that a Hello Kitty towel underneath your newly purchased instrument of death?

I'm just saying... kinda funny

Syk0tiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radeky View Post
Is that a Hello Kitty towel underneath your newly purchased instrument of death?

I'm just saying... kinda funny

My wifes bathroom carpet.