Dang, both are way over budget though :-/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

qu1nton

"Academy Sports + Outdoors does not offer online shopping at this time."

sorry man =-/

Soybomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidane View Post
I loved mine until it KBed after 2,000 rounds. Yes, I took care of it but for god's sake it's a .22 -- and no I never dry fired it. It snapped the firing pin and fucked up the slide and a bunch of other stuff. I need to send it back to S&W and I'm sure they'll give me a new one but damn.
Pics? I think it'd be interesting to send it back and get their opinion on it and see if they think it was the ammo or the gun. The design of it doesn't let it fire out of battery I don't believe.

Quote:
Can you order online?
Even if you could shipping charges and transfer fees at your local dealer would eat up a bunch of money. Go visit some local gun stores. You should be able to find one cheap locally.

Kidane
I paid :10bux: to get back in ROFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybomb View Post
Pics? I think it'd be interesting to send it back and get their opinion on it and see if they think it was the ammo or the gun. The design of it doesn't let it fire out of battery I don't believe.
Sure thing, here... I don't know what out of battery means though, sorry.

(click for huge)

First pic is the last bullet it fired -- the one it popped on. Second pic is the slide with firing pin. I'm not sure if you can see it but the firing pin is jammed in there. I misremembered what happened and nothing is actually broken except for the slide where the firing pin is inserted, it's kind of... bulgy?

._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Culver City
.......v

Soybomb

Out of battery would mean that the bolt was not fully closed. From that pic I'd blame the ammo and say it was over pressure but I'm not familiar enough with .22 failures to say for sure how they'd go.... S&W has good service though, they'll send you a prepaid shipping label and you can just drop it off at the UPS depot. I don't know if I'd include that pic or not

jfnirvana292
I had this name since 1796.

Went with this one, thanks guys i pick it up sunday

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...51&type_id=442

yar11800

Just goes to show any gun can KB. I agree the problem with this one is ammo. What brand of ammo was it?

Kidane
I paid :10bux: to get back in ROFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yar11800 View Post
Just goes to show any gun can KB. I agree the problem with this one is ammo. What brand of ammo was it?
Just standard velocity Remington .22LR. I'd shot a couple bricks of it previously so not sure what happened there... thanks for the replies, I'm looking forward to getting a new one back from S&W

._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Culver City
.......v

Susquehannock
Mule Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfnirvana292 View Post
Looking around for a .22 handgun for plinking around. Must be around $300 or less. What does everyone reccomend?
Since you are mostly interested in plinking. I'd strongly recommend a revolver over an automatic.
Rimfire rounds are so dirty. Especially 22wmr. And yes I am speaking from extensive personal experience.

1988 Mustang (original owner) - 1980 Jeep CJ7 (Iron Duke!) - 1969 GTO (Pontiac Power!)

KorrMuraan

Quote:
Went with this one, thanks guys i pick it up sunday

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...51&type_id=442

Good choice!
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

jfnirvana292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susquehannock View Post
Since you are mostly interested in plinking. I'd strongly recommend a revolver over an automatic.
Rimfire rounds are so dirty. Especially 22wmr. And yes I am speaking from extensive personal experience.

Its a little too late...i bought a semi auto

jfnirvana292

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorrMuraan View Post
Good choice!

Thanks, i didnt get to pick it up tonight like i planned, ill go tomorrow after work and post full pictures!

Susquehannock
Mule Train

Quote:
Its a little too late...i bought a semi auto
Cool. Best of luck.

Love my 22 Automag. Hate how damn dirty it gets after just a few magazines. Which is why I use
revolvers for plinking fun now.

1988 Mustang (original owner) - 1980 Jeep CJ7 (Iron Duke!) - 1969 GTO (Pontiac Power!)

monkey-boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susquehannock View Post
Cool. Best of luck.

Love my 22 Automag. Hate how damn dirty it gets after just a few magazines. Which is why I use
revolvers for plinking fun now.

thing is NOBODY really makes a decent 22lr revolver anymore, especially a sa/da.

Soybomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidane View Post
Just standard velocity Remington .22LR. I'd shot a couple bricks of it previously so not sure what happened there... thanks for the replies, I'm looking forward to getting a new one back from S&W

Given the ammo seems to be fault I think the responsilbity of fixing your gun should really fall on Remington and S&W would be right to tell you that but I'd be surprised if they didn't just fix you up.