General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Destructo[M]ay, can you answer a few CCW questions?

Destructo[M]ay, i like that

anyways, since i have my CCW, and i work in a business where i wander in and out of random people's houses every day (glass installer, mirrors, showers, etc) i wanted to know what ya'll would suggest for a gun lock so i feel more secure locking my pistol in my truck while i'm at work
good companies? bad companies? products that work better than others? etc

second is more looking for a guide to look for or something
in Sept. i'm going to California, i'll be driving and staying on a Naval base (going to Port Hueneme for Air Force Reserves training)
i'm pretty sure that Cali doesn't have reciprocity with Florida, so what do their laws state about having a pistol in the vehicle? not allowed at all? allowed if it's locked up? out of reach? they drag you out of the truck and beat you senseless if they smell the faintest hint of gunpowder?

Asa of the Infidel Crew

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Lebowski

As far as your 1st question, what good does it do you in the truck?

Sucka

Lebowski: In some states, you're required by law to advise a homeowner that you are armed. I know it's retarded, but it's true. Luckily that rule doesn't apply in my home state.

As for locking it in the truck, look no further than Center of Mass.

No reciprocity in CA, that goes for all states. Secondly, no mags over 10 rounds in Kali, not sure what you're carrying, but keep that in mind. And no loaded gun in your vehicle of any kind. Ammo and gun has to be locked up, separately, and not within access of the occupants. Basically, don't even bother with it. I'm sure Yar can chime in here, he's a CA resident.

Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucka View Post
Lebowski: In some states, you're required by law to advise a homeowner that you are armed. I know it's retarded, but it's true. Luckily that rule doesn't apply in my home state.

No reciprocity in CA, that goes for all states. Secondly, no mags over 10 rounds in Kali, not sure what you're carrying, but keep that in mind. And no loaded gun in your vehicle of any kind. Ammo and gun has to be locked up, separately, and not within access of the occupants. Basically, don't even bother with it. I'm sure Yar can chime in here, he's a CA resident.

That's fucking gay. That completely goes against what a concealed weapons permit is for. Keeping a weapon concealed and not letting people know you are carrying it.

Sucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
That's fucking gay. That completely goes against what a concealed weapons permit is for. Keeping a weapon concealed and not letting people know you are carrying it.

No arguments there. I'm not sure which states require this, but i've seen it posted on a few other forums. Basically know your states laws.

I'm with you, concealed means concealed. In his line of work, i understand the concern he has. When you're in, out, carrying crap, bending over ect. you don't want to have to worry about your weapon becoming exposed. My suggestion, go for deep concealment. Either a small pocket gun for while you're on the job, or maybe SmartCarry for deep concealment.

Barstool

Chaulk it up to ignorance, but why the HELL do you need to carry like that? If your line of work is so dangerous you have to carry, you need to be looking for a new job.

st1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
Chaulk it up to ignorance, but why the HELL do you need to carry like that? If your line of work is so dangerous you have to carry, you need to be looking for a new job.

Conceal carry =! Having a dangerous job

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Quote:

the only real harm i have to worry about with my job is a mirror breaking and cutting me

why do i carry?
because Jonathan Foy went to school with me from second grade all the way through our senior year
http://www.wtxl.com/Global/story.asp?s=6986772

i carry because this cocknosed douchemaster shouldn't have been out in public, but he was because the courts didn't want to put him away after he violated probation twice
the courts won't protect me, so i have to be able to protect myself

as for carrying at work, i really do need to talk to my boss/owner to see what his concerns are about it and what he thinks about it, need a decent holster though

Asa of the Infidel Crew

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday

Quote:

i carried because my job was in a shit neighborhood and i worked nights by myself. But it paid well and i carried, so i stayed.

Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
the only real harm i have to worry about with my job is a mirror breaking and cutting me

why do i carry?
because Jonathan Foy went to school with me from second grade all the way through our senior year
http://www.wtxl.com/Global/story.asp?s=6986772

i carry because this cocknosed douchemaster shouldn't have been out in public, but he was because the courts didn't want to put him away after he violated probation twice
the courts won't protect me, so i have to be able to protect myself

as for carrying at work, i really do need to talk to my boss/owner to see what his concerns are about it and what he thinks about it, need a decent holster though

Honestly, don't ask him. Look in the handbook if one is available, if it is not, then there is no official policy against it. If you ask, then they may add a no carry clause to it.
What you need to do is get a tuckable holster or a snubby and pocket carry it. I'd rather be alive looking for a new job, than be dead doing the job I have.

Firehawk0220

Quote:

My job isn't dangerous and I carry anytime I leave the house.

Defiler

well, with my old job, I did landscaping...and to be honest, working in 90F+ weather, and having enough clothing to conceal a weapon isnt easy. Luckily, the town I live in, more people carry then those who dont, so it wasnt a big issue. For the most part, it was uncomfortable to have a gun on me while working, every time im on my knees installing edging or shoveling dirt, or whatever, it just got in the way. But during the winter, I worked nights at a convenience store, I definitly carried then.

Firehawk0220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
well, with my old job, I did landscaping...and to be honest, working in 90F+ weather, and having enough clothing to conceal a weapon isnt easy. Luckily, the town I live in, more people carry then those who dont, so it wasnt a big issue. For the most part, it was uncomfortable to have a gun on me while working, every time im on my knees installing edging or shoveling dirt, or whatever, it just got in the way. But during the winter, I worked nights at a convenience store, I definitly carried then.

I prefer to carry regardless of my occupation. I'm not really worried about getting shot on the job. I'm more worried about getting shot while I'm in a convenience store on my way home or at a gas station on the way to work than I am about someone losing it and going crazy in an office building.

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

must be AFSC training (AF Reserves) as they dont have BMT out there.

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucka View Post

So even if I"m anti-gun, the cable guy should be allowed to carry in my house without telling me?

as far as CA: getting caught CCW with a weapon that belongs to you is a misdemeanor. In a vehicle might be worse, I'm not sure. However, there's no requirement for either the weapon or the ammo to be locked up, as long as the weapon isn't loaded in the eyes of the law (ammo/mags touching it counts as loaded).