General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.
 
asa's Avatar
 
Destructo[M]ay, can you answer a few CCW questions?

Destructo[M]ay, i like that

anyways, since i have my CCW, and i work in a business where i wander in and out of random people's houses every day (glass installer, mirrors, showers, etc) i wanted to know what ya'll would suggest for a gun lock so i feel more secure locking my pistol in my truck while i'm at work
good companies? bad companies? products that work better than others? etc


second is more looking for a guide to look for or something
in Sept. i'm going to California, i'll be driving and staying on a Naval base (going to Port Hueneme for Air Force Reserves training)
i'm pretty sure that Cali doesn't have reciprocity with Florida, so what do their laws state about having a pistol in the vehicle? not allowed at all? allowed if it's locked up? out of reach? they drag you out of the truck and beat you senseless if they smell the faintest hint of gunpowder?
__________________
1967 Ford Mustang, Inline Six, will i ever get this T5 installed?
my build
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=786083

Asa of the Infidel Crew
Old 04-24-2008, 05:49 PM asa is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Lebowski
 
As far as your 1st question, what good does it do you in the truck?
Old 04-25-2008, 08:29 AM Lebowski is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

Sucka
 
Lebowski: In some states, you're required by law to advise a homeowner that you are armed. I know it's retarded, but it's true. Luckily that rule doesn't apply in my home state.

As for locking it in the truck, look no further than Center of Mass.

No reciprocity in CA, that goes for all states. Secondly, no mags over 10 rounds in Kali, not sure what you're carrying, but keep that in mind. And no loaded gun in your vehicle of any kind. Ammo and gun has to be locked up, separately, and not within access of the occupants. Basically, don't even bother with it. I'm sure Yar can chime in here, he's a CA resident.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:49 AM Sucka is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

Lebowski
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucka View Post
Lebowski: In some states, you're required by law to advise a homeowner that you are armed. I know it's retarded, but it's true. Luckily that rule doesn't apply in my home state.

As for locking it in the truck, look no further than Center of Mass.

No reciprocity in CA, that goes for all states. Secondly, no mags over 10 rounds in Kali, not sure what you're carrying, but keep that in mind. And no loaded gun in your vehicle of any kind. Ammo and gun has to be locked up, separately, and not within access of the occupants. Basically, don't even bother with it. I'm sure Yar can chime in here, he's a CA resident.

That's fucking gay. That completely goes against what a concealed weapons permit is for. Keeping a weapon concealed and not letting people know you are carrying it.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:39 PM Lebowski is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

Sucka
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
That's fucking gay. That completely goes against what a concealed weapons permit is for. Keeping a weapon concealed and not letting people know you are carrying it.

No arguments there. I'm not sure which states require this, but i've seen it posted on a few other forums. Basically know your states laws.

I'm with you, concealed means concealed. In his line of work, i understand the concern he has. When you're in, out, carrying crap, bending over ect. you don't want to have to worry about your weapon becoming exposed. My suggestion, go for deep concealment. Either a small pocket gun for while you're on the job, or maybe SmartCarry for deep concealment.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:54 PM Sucka is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

Barstool
 
Chaulk it up to ignorance, but why the HELL do you need to carry like that? If your line of work is so dangerous you have to carry, you need to be looking for a new job.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:30 PM Barstool is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

st1650
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
Chaulk it up to ignorance, but why the HELL do you need to carry like that? If your line of work is so dangerous you have to carry, you need to be looking for a new job.

Conceal carry =! Having a dangerous job
Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 AM st1650 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.
 
asa's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
Chaulk it up to ignorance, but why the HELL do you need to carry like that? If your line of work is so dangerous you have to carry, you need to be looking for a new job.

the only real harm i have to worry about with my job is a mirror breaking and cutting me

why do i carry?
because Jonathan Foy went to school with me from second grade all the way through our senior year
http://www.wtxl.com/Global/story.asp?s=6986772

i carry because this cocknosed douchemaster shouldn't have been out in public, but he was because the courts didn't want to put him away after he violated probation twice
the courts won't protect me, so i have to be able to protect myself




as for carrying at work, i really do need to talk to my boss/owner to see what his concerns are about it and what he thinks about it, need a decent holster though
__________________
1967 Ford Mustang, Inline Six, will i ever get this T5 installed?
my build
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=786083

Asa of the Infidel Crew
Old 04-29-2008, 03:55 PM asa is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday
 
CommiePunk's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
Chaulk it up to ignorance, but why the HELL do you need to carry like that? If your line of work is so dangerous you have to carry, you need to be looking for a new job.

i carried because my job was in a shit neighborhood and i worked nights by myself. But it paid well and i carried, so i stayed.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:43 AM CommiePunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

Lebowski
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
the only real harm i have to worry about with my job is a mirror breaking and cutting me

why do i carry?
because Jonathan Foy went to school with me from second grade all the way through our senior year
http://www.wtxl.com/Global/story.asp?s=6986772

i carry because this cocknosed douchemaster shouldn't have been out in public, but he was because the courts didn't want to put him away after he violated probation twice
the courts won't protect me, so i have to be able to protect myself




as for carrying at work, i really do need to talk to my boss/owner to see what his concerns are about it and what he thinks about it, need a decent holster though

Honestly, don't ask him. Look in the handbook if one is available, if it is not, then there is no official policy against it. If you ask, then they may add a no carry clause to it.
What you need to do is get a tuckable holster or a snubby and pocket carry it. I'd rather be alive looking for a new job, than be dead doing the job I have.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:45 AM Lebowski is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

Firehawk0220
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
Chaulk it up to ignorance, but why the HELL do you need to carry like that? If your line of work is so dangerous you have to carry, you need to be looking for a new job.

My job isn't dangerous and I carry anytime I leave the house.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:50 PM Firehawk0220 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

Defiler
 
well, with my old job, I did landscaping...and to be honest, working in 90F+ weather, and having enough clothing to conceal a weapon isnt easy. Luckily, the town I live in, more people carry then those who dont, so it wasnt a big issue. For the most part, it was uncomfortable to have a gun on me while working, every time im on my knees installing edging or shoveling dirt, or whatever, it just got in the way. But during the winter, I worked nights at a convenience store, I definitly carried then.
__________________
9155fb13bb30f91c791f5348f9a9fa42
Old 04-30-2008, 03:45 PM Defiler is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

Firehawk0220
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
well, with my old job, I did landscaping...and to be honest, working in 90F+ weather, and having enough clothing to conceal a weapon isnt easy. Luckily, the town I live in, more people carry then those who dont, so it wasnt a big issue. For the most part, it was uncomfortable to have a gun on me while working, every time im on my knees installing edging or shoveling dirt, or whatever, it just got in the way. But during the winter, I worked nights at a convenience store, I definitly carried then.

I prefer to carry regardless of my occupation. I'm not really worried about getting shot on the job. I'm more worried about getting shot while I'm in a convenience store on my way home or at a gas station on the way to work than I am about someone losing it and going crazy in an office building.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:18 PM Firehawk0220 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man
 
mofugger's Avatar
 
must be AFSC training (AF Reserves) as they dont have BMT out there.
__________________
Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division
Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 PM mofugger is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek
 
Junkie Mod's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucka View Post
Lebowski: In some states, you're required by law to advise a homeowner that you are armed. I know it's retarded, but it's true. Luckily that rule doesn't apply in my home state.

As for locking it in the truck, look no further than Center of Mass.

No reciprocity in CA, that goes for all states. Secondly, no mags over 10 rounds in Kali, not sure what you're carrying, but keep that in mind. And no loaded gun in your vehicle of any kind. Ammo and gun has to be locked up, separately, and not within access of the occupants. Basically, don't even bother with it. I'm sure Yar can chime in here, he's a CA resident.
So even if I"m anti-gun, the cable guy should be allowed to carry in my house without telling me?

as far as CA: getting caught CCW with a weapon that belongs to you is a misdemeanor. In a vehicle might be worse, I'm not sure. However, there's no requirement for either the weapon or the ammo to be locked up, as long as the weapon isn't loaded in the eyes of the law (ammo/mags touching it counts as loaded).
Old 05-03-2008, 08:44 PM Junkie Mod is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.