General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nk1du View Post
Playing as one of the specimen seems like it would be retarded, the only real special specimen imo are the Scrake, Fleshpound, and Patriarch. Maybe Bloats but they are way too slow to get up close and spew. Everything else takes a few shots to take down or is slow enough to kill at a distance. Even as a special specimen, what would you do, Scrakes are only fast once in mid-range, Flesh Pounds are only fast when they are angered and start charging and smacking things around. Patriarch would be cool because of the guns and invisibility.

Well looks like you know how the game works as it sits today but don't have much of an imagination

I can think of 5 ways each of those can be sort of neat under my control with some minor tweaks, or hell, add new types of zombie... nothing wrong with variety and new models plus some config files/sound bites are not very big to release as a patch...

Either way have you played L4D for comparison's sake?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Killing floor sounds okay but the fact that you can't play as undead is a downer for me.

Again, its not like L4D in game mechanics at all. There would be no point to play a "versus" type setup.

Just imagine playing a single enemy in Doom... would be pretty gay unless you were a cyberdemon. That about how KF is.

KF has a much better co-op experience than L4D. But L4D has a much better competative versus game (especially since KF wouldnt work with one anyway).

3nk1du

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Well looks like you know how the game works as it sits today but don't have much of an imagination

I can think of 5 ways each of those can be sort of neat under my control with some minor tweaks, or hell, add new types of zombie... nothing wrong with variety and new models plus some config files/sound bites are not very big to release as a patch...

Either way have you played L4D for comparison's sake?
I've played Left 4 Dead entirely too much lol.

But this game can't and never should be compared to L4D they excel at different things, KF is co-op and L4D is Versus, those are their strong suits and that's what they should stick to. I'm not being close minded or anything but I'm just saying Killing Floor, imo, wasn''t meant for versus play.

lonedawg
Stiler

wtf, I can not play this game s uddenly.

I can browse servers fine but when I try to join one it just hangs and never connects, doesn't even seem to try just sits on the "connecting" screen then does nothing or says connection failed.

[H]ard|On

Well shit you guys sold me on it I might have to try it out...

As long as it doesn't become one of those games that has no servers in 6 months.

3nk1du

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post

I can browse servers fine but when I try to join one it just hangs and never connects, doesn't even seem to try just sits on the "connecting" screen then does nothing or says connection failed.
Even the Packservers?

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

The 40+ player servers are lots of fun but they really need to work on a way to allow monsters to spawn faster and in much greater number. Dunno how much more monsters alive at once would stress the server though.

Packhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
The 40+ player servers are lots of fun but they really need to work on a way to allow monsters to spawn faster and in much greater number. Dunno how much more monsters alive at once would stress the server though.

I tried the big servers and it wasn't as fun as the small teams... it reminds me of playing TF2 with bots.. don't know, there's just something about playing with a few number of real players that makes the game more exciting for me.

And yes they limit the zombie spawn to 32 at a time. There is a way to increase the number that spawn at a time but it starts adding significant processing time.

lonedawg
Stiler

Quote:

I had my ps3 controller sitting on my keyboard and that was for some reason causing this problem, not sure what key it must have been pushing but it works now.

Claus
I fucked Emma Watson and all I got was this Title.

These mixed reviews have me conflicted. :|

lonedawg
Stiler

It's 20 bucks, a decent action zombie killfest with a decent weapon selectlion (chainsaws to flamethrowers with shotguns/crossbow/dual pistols, etc).

The game uses an older engine so the visuals may not be on par with newer games.

Not really a hard game to judge, if you like action/zombie fests you'll most likely enjoy the game.

Are you guys planning another game tonight on packheads servers? It was full when I tried to join last night.

Last edited by Stiler; 05-19-2009 at 11:30 AM..

Packhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
These mixed reviews have me conflicted. :|

Claus, I honestly think you will enjoy the game. No .

MooK

Quote:
It's 20 bucks, a decent action zombie killfest with a decent weapon selectlion (chainsaws to flamethrowers with shotguns/crossbow/dual pistols, etc).

The game uses an older engine so the visuals may not be on par with newer games.

Not really a hard game to jude, if you like action/zombie fests you'll most likely enjoy the game.

Are you guys planning another game tonight on packheads servers? It was full when I tried to join last night.

I'll be on tonight unless packhead wants to drupal.

[H]ard|On

Quote:

Not really a hard game to judge, if you like action/zombie fests you'll most likely enjoy the game.

Sounds like serious sam... with undead. Co-op, no versus mode.. wait did SS have versus? I think it had arena mode or something.

lonedawg
Stiler

Yeah, like SS but more on the frantic/slower side of things.

REally the closest thing to compare it to is L4d in the sense of urgency/panic you can get in when you get surrounded or backed into a corner, but with two more people and lots more weapons and the cool slow down ability that lets you pull off john woo headhots and things.