General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

jkrowling

that fucking nig video must have made a big impression on you morlock you're posting that tag in every single goddamn thread, but in this one i don't really even see what the goddamn hell the point is.

you're right on what the japanese did though. more people need to read a history of china circa 1900-1950, and that's just china, let alone the entire 'east asia prosperity sphere'

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

nig video? are you sure you want to evolve past darkie video? maybe porch monkey video suits your style better?

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock
all four powers were not the same.

4 Powers ??

I am aware of 3 major combatants in WW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock
The japenese were by far the most despicable shitstains in the war.

I value your opinion , but disagree. Stalin was by far the largest and most despicable murderer in WW2

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

thatgermanguy, stop humiliating themorlock

look what you did, now you've reduced him to incoherent babble again. It'll take an elephant amount of Ativan to get his shit straight again

That German Guy
Moderation is key. Especially in forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
4 Powers ??

Western Allies, Soviets, Germans, Japs
Quote:

I value your opinion , but disagree. Stalin was by far the largest and most despicable murderer in WW2
Let's just agree that all were assholes, with the western allies being more restrained and having a good cause.

RuHo:
Sry mang
WISDOM

xunknown87x

you think thats bad, id hate to see the "hydrogen" bomb being dropped, roughly 1000 times the power given up, that thing could take out a good chunk of the state of new york

Poutine
aka Pou Pou

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
4 Powers ??

Excuse me but the Russians lost 40 million peeps to Hitler
I'll be hiding from the plans
G C
of too many hands.

- Jim Cuddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHfAHqXbxI

That German Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
Excuse me but the Russians lost 40 million peeps to Hitler

lol.

Try half that.

And add in the fact that shit was fucked up even back then, what with the whole communism type thing.
WISDOM

Free_Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by That German Guy View Post
lol.

Try half that.

And add in the fact that shit was fucked up even back then, what with the whole communism type thing.

Communism and fascism are for all intensive purposes more alike then they are dissimilar. Isnt that so herr schnoop?

--- Brain Gremlin in the movie Gremlins II: The New Batch.

Discordian Resistance Front, Co. A, Semi-Conscious Liberation Army.

Poutine
aka Pou Pou

Quote:
Originally Posted by That German Guy View Post
lol.

Try half that.

Country Pop. Killed/Mising Wounded Total(Military) Civilian (deaths)

U.S.S.R. 194m 9 million 18 million 27 million 19 million

http://web.jjay.cuny.edu/~jobrien/reference/ob62.html
I'll be hiding from the plans
G C
of too many hands.

- Jim Cuddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHfAHqXbxI

That German Guy

Ah, so it's just our sources that differ, and not you being retarded.

Willy: Communism and Fascism are radically different. Communism does tend to degenerate into something very much like fascism over time though.
WISDOM

Rang3find3r
sabercat tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRocketMan View Post
It really shouldnt even be a discussion. With the culture of ww2 Japan, an invasion would have been a bloodbath for both sides. I picture Iraq times 1000. If we didn't drop the bomb, the death toll would have been in the millions.

There is another more subtle reason dropping the bomb was a good thing. Showing that power, showing how horrible the weapon we created was, I think it helped keep the cold war cold. We'd seen how horrible atomic weapons were once, I don't think the US wanted more blood on its hands from it.

great post right here, with some great points. the United States accomplished a number of things with the use of the first nuclear weapons, and while the death toll from the two bombings was high, it would have been MUCH MUCH higher and much longer ongoing had they not been used. it should also be said that if we hadn't used them, someone else with decidedly less noble intentions would have. imagine if Nazi Germany had been the first with the bomb? imagine if Japan or the Soviet Union were the first? it's highly unlikely that it would have ceased at two bombings.

the United States did exactly what it had to do to end the war. the first one didn't do it, the second one did. a few hundred thousand people died in a very short amount of time, but many times more were saved as a result.

the United States stepped up and put a stop to the greatest bledshed the world had ever seen, and put a stop to it in the quickest, most efficient way they possibly could. sadly, this has something the United States has since lost the ability to do, and it's pretty fuckin' sad.

So yes, I fully agree with and support the United States' decision to use the Bomb on Japan in '45, it was the only way to effectively end the war.

Rang3find3r
sabercat tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
Frankly I don't know the true circumstances or real motivations of the days' leaders for dropping the bombs. I'm fairly convinced showing the rest of the world never to fuck with us was at least a small factor in the decision, which is definitely morally wrong (in the same sense I feel todays 'preventative wars' are also immoral). Japan was not attacking the US mainland at the time, nor were we on the defensive, both factors which I must take into account.

All I know for sure is that my fellow Americans shrug the murder (intentionally killing civilians in war is still murder IMO) of hundreds of thousands of people off as 'neccessary' far too easily.

When I look at it from another point of view though, I definitely feel it was wrong. If Iraqi insurgents (those fighting our offensive into their country) were to nuke 2 of our larger cities now, we certainly wouldn't think "it's okay they had to do it" would we? In a sick way they might even be considered more justified since they are at least on the defensive.

And no matter your opinion, the fact of the matter is that America is the only country in world history to nuke another country, defensive or offensively. The fact that we (well our 'leaders') think we have the moral justification to decide what countries are allowed to have nuclear arms is fucking insane considering this fact.

I'm definitely not proud of it like a lot of folks here in America seem to be. Great topic by the way.

feel free to leave the US if you think you're so morally superior and don't support our decision to end a deadly war in the most efficient way possible. people like you thoroughly disgust me

Rang3find3r
sabercat tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Willy View Post
I think its absurd, and telling just how incredibly stupid mankind is that people an be friends with a people that nuked them... *twice* ... in any way shape or form just two generations later.

And to add more daftly stupid irony... the "nukers" are now allowing themselves to be devalued by better cars and electronics.

people like you should have nukes shoved up their ass, you're a hopelessly ignorant imbecile

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang3find3r View Post
people like you should have nukes shoved up their ass, you're a hopelessly ignorant imbecile

He's not in any hurry to come back and defend that little gem, maybe he realized how astoundingly stupid it was.