General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
I'm not of the belief that kids are that stupid. I grew up knowing full well what birth control methods were available before being introduced to the topics in school and even then it's not as if proper instructions can be found on the internet for the confused.
wow thanks for the tip!!!!
Quote:
I'm quite certain Palin junior was well aware of what was available in spite of who her mother was.

Quote:
If anything, she went in without covering the vagoo due to perception that doing so was unacceptable as a result of her upbringing.
Yes, and what better way to say it! First she did it on her own, now it's the upbringing, what's next? All this for republican apologetics. Good thing she as a governor, enforces policies that allow happy occasions like these to happen. Can't cope with it in her own home, didn't cope with her own bitch ass ~20 years ago, and here you are making republican apologetics for us. That's awfully cute, I thought you didn't hit the bottle Tom.
Next up: Mrs.Palin bans alcohol while coming out of a 6 month binge, while her daughter empties the minibar in the aftermath of it all. Defend that one when the day comes!
Quote:
Having said that, I don't have a problem with instruction in the classroom, but I hardly see how anyone can say this is somehow the fault of the mother in this situation. You can't control what you can't control. The bottom line is that her daughter is the one who fucked up, not her, and in my eyes this is a non-issue to the candidate in question. I think if you dug deep enough you'd find out a lot about the people others associate with which shouldn't detract from the candidate themselves. Obama was not immune from that either.
Of course it's her fault. She's a dumbfuck that should have been born two centuries ago, and considering she couldn't go the distance on her own in the olympic sport of keeping your snatch shut, and her daughter didn't fair any better, you know who's to blame. Let's see if we can three-peat this shit 20 years from now, I'm sure theres enough hypocrisy to fuel it. The least one could do is learn from her own mistakes, learn from someone elses mistakes, but nah. Let's just have a different standard for me, and a different standard for you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

kudos
I am a homofag with no friends and Halo owns my soul

Quote:
Clearly they were, and if they weren't I'd like to see your proof. She didn't get into politics until 1992, which is four years after the birth of her first child AFAIK, so where exactly do you see her making a public declaration of her beliefs at that time?
She's been a religious fanatic since the age of 12 . She was raised to think that way. It's the same reason she hid it and got eloped right away after finding out. The proof is right in front of you but your blinded by some kind of retarded loyalty.

Quote:
Palin has long opposed abortion. According to the Anchorage Daily News, Palin told the Alaska Right to Life Board in 2002 that she was as "pro-life as any candidate can be" and has "adamantly supported our cause since I first understood, as a child, the atrocity of abortion."
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/...ncy/index.html

Last edited by kudos; 09-02-2008 at 03:45 PM..

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Clearly they were, and if they weren't I'd like to see your proof. She didn't get into politics until 1992, which is four years after the birth of her first child AFAIK, so where exactly do you see her making a public declaration of her beliefs at that time?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? She failed herself, and her daughter failed, on the standards she's pushing on everyone else!

Rather than learning from it, and thinking of rectifying it, naaaah let's just do this the old fashioned way because I'm a fucking prude. Not only does she like premarital cock, she also likes creationism. Sounds to me like one of the good old boys. Who knows, when she turns 60 perhaps she'll be caught licking someone's carpet in an airport restroom just for a habit. Still a good 20 years of time to make inflammatory comments about dem gays, so let's get it rolling.

kudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Next up: Mrs.Palin bans alcohol while coming out of a 6 month binge, while her daughter empties the minibar in the aftermath of it all. Defend that one when the day comes!

Straw Man
RuHo

nice

Gibonius

Quote:
You're basically justifying what you're doing because the other party did the same thing, and somehow it's only valid when you do it despite Obama's own inexperience? What exactly has Obama accomplished in the US Senate with regard to "change" that makes you so sure he's the right man for the job? What exactly has Senator Obama demonstrated to show he's more qualified to be president than John McCain? If VPs don't make a difference, I suppose you doubt Dick Cheney's influence on Bush?

You have absolutely no way to tell about Palin, and yet you're damn sure Obama, with all two years of experience he has, is the next Messiah? What exactly is the difference here? I mean really, at least be consistent, that's all I'm asking. What has Obama done in the US Senate that makes you so sure he's the right guy? Hillary Clinton had a lot more experience than he did, so obviously someone can tell me what it is he has accomplished that makes him superior.
Obama isn't running on a platform of experience, McCain is. And McCain went and picked an incredibly inexperienced running mate. Mixed message, there.

There's only one thing that I'm "damn sure" of about Obama: He's not a Republican, and he's not going to continue most of the ludicrous policies that Bush enacted. I supported Bush and the Republicans for six years and they've done terribly. The whole Republican Party needs to change their values before I'll vote for them again, and voting for Obama over McCain makes that a possibility. Even if Obama isn't successful at changing a damn thing while in office, his election will likely force the Republicans to change for 2012.

As for Obama vs Hillary, irrelevant at this point. He's in, she's out. She had her own flaws, and was hardly a paragon of experience like she tried to play herself off as.

Mr. Greg
I'm obsessed with DHermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudos View Post
In her speech (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08...ial-candidate/) in Dayton, Gov. Sarah Palin announced that she and her husband are celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary, which means they were married on August 29, 1988.

On April 20, 1989 less than eight months after they eloped their first son, Track, was born.

Now kindly shut the fuck up.

That's hardly proof. She was pregnant for 35 weeks, which could of lead to a premature baby.

Besides, I like to take with a grain of salt every Palin Pregnancy rumor that the left pounces on, especially with what happened with Trig.

Louis Potgieter (1951-1996) NEVER FORGET

Mr. Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
This is some odd logic to me. We get shat on for six years by the Republicans (eight years in the White House), and because the Democrats didn't manage to fix enough of it...you're going to vote for the Republicans again?

Enough of it? What did the Democrats fix that they promised to fix in their 2006 campaigns?

Quote:
I lean Republican most years, but I couldn't do it in 2006 and I won't be doing it this year. The Republican party needs to readjust its values before I'll vote for them again, and McCain isn't the one to do it.
I lean right most of the time too, and also voted Dem straight across the board in '06 (And don't regret it, since I voted for Feingold, and he's the only one doing anything). I just dont trust the Democratic presidential ticket this time around. The Dems broke promises after their elections in 2006, and the Dem candidate is already breaking promises before the election. Sorry, but instead of showing that the Democratic party has regrown its backbone, he's just showing that they're as spineless as they've been for the past two years.

kudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Greg View Post
and the Dem candidate is already breaking promises before the election.

Like BOTH the republican ones?

Mr. Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
No, that would probably be the thought of your candidate.

Can you use any other argument besides "NO U"?

Quote:
Considering you're the one swinging on the tits of a hypocrite who is not only just that, a fucking hypocrite, but also a fucking moron.
I'd rather be swinging on the tits of a "hypocrite" than be nursing off the tits of welfare.

Quote:
Now now, don't lie. That's not nice. No wonder you're voting for mccain, hypocrisy and lying seem to be an easy feat for you.
I would of fricking campaigned for Feingold had he ran. He's as damned close to moderate as there is these days, and I think he would of gave McCain a true run for his money for being someone who actually has a past of actually doing things instead of talking tough and caving like the rest of the left. He supports reasonable gun control and rejects shit like the AWB and DC's court-destroyed stances on handguns, too. I hope he runs in '12...

Mr. Greg

Quote:
Like BOTH the republican ones?

What campaign promise has Palin broke since she became McCain's choice less than a week ago?

And I expect McCain to flip flop and change his stances, as he's been doing it for years. I sure don't expect Mr. Change We Can Believe in to break his campaign slogan months before the election, rendering the whole Change sham moot.

Gibonius

Quote:
Enough of it? What did the Democrats fix that they promised to fix in their 2006 campaigns?

I lean right most of the time too, and also voted Dem straight across the board in '06 (And don't regret it, since I voted for Feingold, and he's the only one doing anything). I just dont trust the Democratic presidential ticket this time around. The Dems broke promises after their elections in 2006, and the Dem candidate is already breaking promises before the election. Sorry, but instead of showing that the Democratic party has regrown its backbone, he's just showing that they're as spineless as they've been for the past two years.

So the solution is voting the Republicans back into office where they'll continue all the stupid policies we elected the Democrats to fix? How does THAT make any sense?

kudos

Quote:
What campaign promise has Palin broke since she became McCain's choice less than a week ago?

And I expect McCain to flip flop and change his stances, as he's been doing it for years. I sure don't expect Mr. Change We Can Believe in to break his campaign slogan months before the election, rendering the whole Change sham moot.

You didn't say campaign promises. You just said promises. She was all for the bridge to nowhere in 2006 before she became VP and took the stance she was against it. While it isn't a promise it still shows she's a liar.

Mr. Greg

Quote:
You didn't say campaign promises. You just said promises. She was all for the bridge to nowhere in 2006 before she became VP and took the stance she was against it. While it isn't a promise it still shows she's a liar.

The context it was used within focused on current campaign promises. You know that.

If you're actually going to focus on Palin's past promises, please, tell me all about how she failed to fight corruption and fix Murkowski's problems after she replaced him.

Mr. Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
So the solution is voting the Republicans back into office where they'll continue all the stupid policies we elected the Democrats to fix? How does THAT make any sense?

Don't fall into the "McCain = Bush 3rd term" . McCain is FAR from Bush. I'd rather stick with [an admittedly vague representation of] conservative principles than take a chance with a smooth-talking Democrat.