General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

thegrandpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I'm torn, I was all gung ho about the shaman but knowing I'll have time for one character, the more the druid looks appealing. I specced/regemmed for cat yesterday and gave it a shot and its a lot smoother and less stressful than before. The ability to clip the last tick of your own dots with no penalty is huge, and they buffed the shit out of the duration of savage roar. This lets you worry more about hitting your dps rather than counting down seconds and constantly doing rough math to keep everything going.

bear: awesome
cat: a lot of fun, now with less stress
healer: currently "meh" number-wise but the playstyle never bothered me
lazer: Haven't tried it yet, not sure that I need to. The least finicky of ranged classes from what I can tell and competitive dps.

shaman: Finicky ranged. Haven't tried melee. Fantastic healing. Amazing utility.
Mage: boring
Warlock: affliction is like a less fun cat druid. other specs are boring
Hunter: boring
Rogue:
priest: math nightmare, probably boring. Not a fan of Chakra, don't think Disc will be a super awesome raid spec.
Warrior: I prefer both bear and cat
DK: not a fan of the rune system
Hunter: boring

It seems that all of ranged has turned into "pew pew, wait for proc, OH SHIT PRESS THE OTHER PEW BUTTON REAL QUICK, pew pew pew pew rinse repeat." Mage's fire tree is getting dumped on with the new crit levels, so there goes that.

Maybe druid is just superior in every way.

Druids are pretty crazy right now. They had to nerf bear recently because it's been owning beta tanking, and as of the moment druids and paladins are ruling the healing game.

Paladin healing hasn't been touched much (holy radiance nerf is going to hurt but the Seizure Beam change is a big buff). Even though they've been completely redesigned they'll still be on top after the expansion hits the shelf.

No idea about druids though. Everyone can see the Effloressence nerf coming. If I knew I wasn't going to be doing 10mans with one at 85, I'd probably consider playing mine. But the guy I always heal with, always always plays his resto druid. He's been healing with me since MC and he's never had a max level character EVER besides his resto druid.

I have hope for the priest but I'll agree Chakra bugs me. The design of it is fun but they're doing a piss poor job at implementing it. Now since they merged Renew Chakra into POH chakra, you'll always be cornered into that ONE chakra state since Heal Chakra is pretty useless. Now it feels like less of a fun new system for holy priests and more of an annoying buff to manage.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Bill

Boomkin is interesting. The mastery needs some tweaking (maybe make you go through the "bad" 50% faster?) The overall playstyle is simple and it doesn't have too much to track. The best candidate for "raid leading" dps that I've seen.

Healed a heroic. (protip use something to track hots. Its kind of challenging without it.) Lifebloom seems moderately annoying but I see the need for putting some sort of gcd crunch timing on the spec. They seem pretty crazy strong on the aoe heals but I see that nerf is already going through.

also hay did u ned sum glifs lol

KrEy0nZ

Any places doing release swag with Cata? I asked gamestop and they weren't giving anything out. Don;t know why I care, but I do haha. ALSO, is BM still the best leveling build for hunters? I'm gonna re roll a Goblin hunter when it drops. I wonder what starting pet they get.

0fd1f70d8a1b329cf462d13863230f77

Opcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrEy0nZ View Post
I'm gonna re roll a Goblin hunter when it drops. I wonder what starting pet they get.

It's a Crab in the beta.

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:
Any places doing release swag with Cata? I asked gamestop and they weren't giving anything out. Don;t know why I care, but I do haha. ALSO, is BM still the best leveling build for hunters? I'm gonna re roll a Goblin hunter when it drops. I wonder what starting pet they get.

Personally I'd just do get the digital download from blizzard. You'll get to play it sooner, and won't have the smell of the other 50 people standing in line with you.

Bill

Fuck standing in a line with a bunch of average wow players at midnight. The benefits to actually having the DVD will be nullified a month after release when they dump the first gig or twelve of patches.

thegrandpenguin

Quote:

Yes, BM is as crazy as ever. You'll level crazy fast as any spec now but BM is the only spec that can give you the hope of having a pet that holds aggro.

Also every pet species has a special buff or some shit. Core Hounds give bloodlust. Get a good tenacity pet. Dunno how low you can get your first worm but they have an earthquake AOE ability that is absolute luls for leveling now.

Especially with mana gone. No downtime whatsoever.

thegrandpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
Personally I'd just do get the digital download from blizzard. You'll get to play it sooner, and won't have the smell of the other 50 people standing in line with you.

I want to do this but I am wary of online queue and lag .

Although driving to walmart (in December Denver weather no less) at midnight is no fun either.

DECISIONS

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrandpenguin View Post
I want to do this but I am wary of online queue and lag .

You can preload at least a week in advance. The launcher says you can preload cata, maybe you can even start it now.

The game servers have been fine at midnight for every expansion launch so far, I haven't seen any reason to suspect anything different for this round.

theswany

I got the digital version and it finished downloading in the background while playing in like a day or two.

TriaD

You don't even need the digi download to preload for cata.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ading-Cata-now.....

Preloading Cata now.....
Well... sort of. I couldn't see any threads at the moment discussing this, but the fact remains that you are actually able to preload the Cataclysm data or atleast a great part of it now by doing a small tweak to your files:

1. Go to your Wow folder

2. Open the "wtf" folder.

3. With notepad (or mac eqiuvalent), open the file launcher.wtf

4. Find the part in that file where it says "accountType" and change it suffix from "LK" to "CT"

5. Repeat step 3 with config.wtf

6. Repeat step 4 with config.wtf

7. Launch the game via the launcher, hang on a for a few secs and behold as it starts downloading the Cataclysm data files, 700mb. (the ones that you pay more for to download as digi files than you do for the hard copy version... ie. save some money)

GL HF

Condoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrandpenguin View Post
Yes, BM is as crazy as ever. You'll level crazy fast as any spec now but BM is the only spec that can give you the hope of having a pet that holds aggro.

Also every pet species has a special buff or some shit. Core Hounds give bloodlust. Get a good tenacity pet. Dunno how low you can get your first worm but they have an earthquake AOE ability that is absolute luls for leveling now.

Especially with mana gone. No downtime whatsoever.

Any pet can hold agro, you just need to spam kill command.

It's pretty retarded how much they nerfed pet taunt.

TriaD

New favorite griefing method...

Kiting the new 85 elite Gamon out in front of org, let duelers pick up agro from aoe attacks. Proceed to drop agro with invis and watch Gamon destroy said duelers.

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriaD View Post

Kiting the new 85 elite Gamon out in front of org, let duelers pick up agro from aoe attacks. Proceed to drop agro with invis and watch Gamon destroy said duelers.

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriaD View Post

fucking awesome. I didn't even know they "buffed" him, thats fantastic lulz.